Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSN: Johnny Manziel to Hamilton?
https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-ready-to-approve-...t-1.954080
Thanks given by:
Circus sideshow. He won't be the Savior they hope he will be.

Cats probably still miss the playoffs (no better than anyone else in the East)
Thanks given by:
Depends if he actually tries or not. He is very flutie like in style.

His head is the biggest obstacle
Thanks given by:
Hopefully he comes up here with the right attitude. I'd love to see him succeed
Thanks given by:
I am skeptical that he has matured enough to take this opportunity seriously.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Ya probably goes for everyone
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-28, 02:28 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Depends if he actually tries or not.  He is very flutie like in style.

His head is the biggest obstacle

Then he should go to Toronto or BC or Calgary.  They have the best coach/GM combo designed for guys like Manziel
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Money seems to be a sticking point (surprise surprise). Manziel wants more than what the Cats are offering.

Letting Collaros go before Manziel was official could cost them...even if he does sign, they may end up coughing up money out of desperation to have a QB.
Thanks given by:
Don’t they still have that Masoli guy? He had taken over as the starter by seasons end,no? Collaros was pretty bad last year from what I remember.
Thanks given by:
June Jones declaring Manziel the best CFL QB is coming back to screw them.

Manziel's cash demands are ridiculous considering his sketchy past.

Thanks given by:
It's quite clear what he wants - having the entire league available to bid.
Thanks given by:
the whole league should be available to bid. its not like he is a drafted player. He is a free agent. the whole thing about "negotiation lists" seems silly to me.

because Hamilton made him an offer...whether accepted or not, means Hamilton holds his rights for another year.

side note...Masoli has indeed been re-signed.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure there would be a big bidding war for Manziel even if there were no neg lists.

Most teams are set at QB and there isn't a lot of salary cap room.

Montreal, and maybe Hamilton and BC have interest in QB's.

Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and Ottawa are set, and Saskatchewan just got Collaros.

Thanks given by:
Is Toronto really set?
Thanks given by:
I think Ray is done.

Not saying this like there is a chance in hell of it happening in Toronto, but Manziel (whether he does well or not) would put butts in the seats....at least for a little while.

Saw the hype when Toronto signed Ricky Williams.
Thanks given by:
I think Toronto is set with either Ray or Franklin, though it is possible Manziel lands there i suppose

Thanks given by:
Unless there is a change in the system...or if there is a sign and trade...if Manziel is in the CFL, it's in Hamilton.

No bidding wars with other teams. He either plays in Hamilton, or he doesn't play. Make some money....or no money...his call.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-09, 06:25 PM)Chris D Wrote: I think Ray is done.

Not saying this like there is a chance in hell of it happening in Toronto, but Manziel (whether he does well or not) would put butts in the seats....at least for a little while.

Saw the hype when Toronto signed Ricky Williams.

do you really think he would put more butts in the seats in TO?
Thanks given by:
Out of some odd fascination, yes.

Williams was trouble, got suspended in the NFL, came up here and was instantly a hit with high expectations of running roughshod through the league. He didn't live up to the expectations, but seats and jerseys were sold.

Manziel will bring the hype. Not certain he'll bring the results, but there will be a boost if/when he signs
Thanks given by: