Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSN: Johnny Manziel to Hamilton?
Hamilton has acquired QB Vernon Adams Jr. as part of the Charlston Hughes trade to the Riders.

I don't think Manziel is coming.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
So...still no Manziel eh?

Was reading that he is going to play in a Texas based spring league, and is working toward an NFL comeback. Says he'd "play for free" just to get back to the game he loves. That obviously does not include CFL.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I found that funny too. He will play for free in the NFL...but it costs $400k to get him to play in the CFL. What a douche.
Thanks given by:
he's a loser. he won't come to Hamilton because A: he is afraid that he won't beat out the current starter and be another backup B: can't get the money he thinks he deserves, even though he hasn't played in 2 seasons, no CFL experience at all..
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
I don’t think that’s it really, but he certainly comes off as a douche. He of course couldn’t actually “play for free” the NFLPA would force him to take the league minimum, which is somewhere around $470K US I believe. So a fairly significant amount more than the $400K Cdn he said he would play for. And even if he could play for free, betting on himself to win a contract through good play, he would get 10 times that amount the following season if successful.

He just seems like an ass for pretending it’s not about the money, when it really is.
Thanks given by: FormalWare
Gained some respect for Johnny so-called Football, today.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/9776...38050?s=19
---
Give Marc Bergevin some credit.
(He'll pay you back with -10% interest.)
Thanks given by:
Nice posts. But who in their right mind has been comparing him to Kaepernick???
Thanks given by:
Looks like it’s official, Manziel is a Ti-Cat
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Hope he does well, the league is in desperate need of star players, especially at the QB position.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-25, 08:29 AM)Heisenberg Wrote: Nice posts. But who in their right mind has been comparing him to Kaepernick???

Well neither are in the NFL so there is that.

Oh and I'll believe Richboy is newborn when I don't see shots of him with strippers in downtown Toronto.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Great quote from Mike Riley on Manziel raising the CFL profile:

“We've had damn good players before Johnny Manuel and we will have damn good players after Johnny Manziel. I've seen a lot of guys come through this league that had big spotlights that found out real quick this isn't pop warner."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 03:30 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Great quote from Mike Riley on Manziel raising the CFL profile:

“We've had damn good players before Johnny Manuel and we will have damn good players after Johnny Manziel.  I've seen a lot of guys come through this league that had big spotlights that found out real quick this isn't pop warner."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cough...Vince Ferragamo...cough
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
his style of game fits the CFL well, I think he will do well if he can keep his head on straight
Thanks given by:
I don't really watch CFL. But i might actually watch some Hamilton games this year mainly because of Manziel.

The last time i watched a CFL game was during the Dave Dickenson/Casey Printers QB controversy year in Vancouver. I remember Printers won the MVP that year but Dickenson got the start in the Grey Cup lol. It was dumb.

Thanks given by:
I didn't think Manziel would come to the CFL.

He seems to be in a better place in life and I am glad he is moving forward with his career.

I hope he has success.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I NEVER watch CFL,   been years actually,  since Ricky Williams was in Toronto,  but I'm watching a preseason game to catch a glimpse of Johnny Football!

THAT'S the kind of impact he'll have & a big reason why he was brought in.
Thanks given by: FormalWare
you really should, quite entertaining!
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by: