Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSN: Report: Jets plan to protect G Hellebuyck
While the Winnipeg Jets are considered to be in the market for a goaltender this offseason, a move sounds unlikely until after the Vegas expansion draft.

Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun writes that though Connor Hellebuyck had mixed results as a starter this season, the Jets have no plans to expose him to the Golden Knights.

Therefore, the Jets will not be acquiring a goaltender before the draft, since they can only protect one. Restricted free agent Michael Hutchinson will be exposed in the expansion draft, and Vegas could also select pending unrestricted free agent Ondrej Pavelec.

Hellebuyck posted a 26-19-4 record this season in his second year with the NHL club. He finished the season with a .907 save percentage and a 2.89 goals against average with four shutouts. Hutchinson finished with a 9-12-3 record with a .903 save percentage and a 2.92 goals against average.

TSN.ca Staff

http://www.tsn.ca/report-jets-plan-to-pr...k-1.752946
Thanks given by:
Makes sense, I honestly believe the Jets look at Hellebuyck as the Habs did Price when they let Huet and the other guy go to keep him.
Thanks given by:
Kind of obvious.  Don't see Hutchinson back.  Can't see Winnipeg going with Helleybuck and Hutchinson again.  Imagine Chevy will be looking for a vet 1B to play with Helleybuck.

Thanks given by:
Hellebuyck will bounce back. This was a rough year for him with not much support from the sound of it, but he did have a few stretches where he looked great - not to mention his callup the year before.

Not much available on the UFA market to platoon with him. Miller or Elliott maybe. If I were them I'd go after Halak. Likely wouldn't take much to acquire and I think his demotion had more to do with his contract and loudmouth agent than anything.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
I'm not a big fan of his. I hope the Jets get Miller and start making a serious push for the playoffs
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-22, 08:28 AM)lewis94 Wrote: Hellebuyck will bounce back. This was a rough year for him with not much support from the sound of it, but he did have a few stretches where he looked great - not to mention his callup the year before.

Not much available on the UFA market to platoon with him. Miller or Elliott maybe. If I were them I'd go after Halak. Likely wouldn't take much to acquire and I think his demotion had more to do with his contract and loudmouth agent than anything.

Jets look at that and walk away 100/100. 

They already have a loud mouth agent causing trouble, no way they want another.
Thanks given by: