Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TV Series
You're not missing anything in the Walking Dead.

Check out the new Fargo series.
Thanks given by:
Ray Donovan is pretty good. Agree with the new Fargo series too
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-07, 09:14 AM)Hieremias Wrote: You're not missing anything in the Walking Dead.

Agreed. Most overrated show on television right now IMO. The first was great, but everything since then has been pretty brutal.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-07, 12:39 PM)encore Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 09:14 AM)Hieremias Wrote: You're not missing anything in the Walking Dead.

Agreed. Most overrated show on television right now IMO. The first was great, but everything since then has been pretty brutal.

This new season it has gotten much better. But man, seasons 2 and 3 were rough. 1st half of season 4 was a little better.

Hey Ryerocks, how about Buffy the Vampire Slayer? I watched it with my wife a few years back and I found it pretty funny.
Thanks given by:
heh.. I think I'll pass on buffy.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Sounds like a lot of them are ongoing right now. Any good ones in the same vein as the ones I've watched, that are done? Just thinking it would be nice to be able to watch the whole thing without stopping to wait for next year's season to start.
Thanks given by:

Me and millions of other fans disagree. Happy

Fargo is very good for sure and I really liked Ray Donovan, it has a slight Sopranos feel about it.
Thanks given by:
I cannot stress enough how enjoyable Shameless is every single episode.

There is not even close to as great of a mix of drama and comedy out there right now.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-09, 01:45 PM)HaroldSnepsts Wrote:

Fargo is very good for sure and I really liked Ray Donovan, it has a slight Sopranos feel about it.

Millions of fans also like Two and a Half Men and Two Broke Girls, what's your point?

Like I said in my first post, the first season was great. For artistic purposes, it should have ended there. Would have made for a great mini-series. Obviously, as you and your millions of Walking Dead fanatic friends can attest to, money talks. I'll admit to having not watched any of the show after the Governor season, but up until that point, the farmhouse season and the Governor seasons were just painful. There's no longer the "shock factor" of having zombies randomly popping up, so the show has to rely on it's writers coming up with 'clever' story arcs, and their character development was terrible.

The one episode where you find out how the Governor becomes the Governor was one of the worst episodes of television I've ever seen.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
I only watch WD to see how much it differs from the comics, but I gotta say, these past few episodes have been great. Season 1 is good, a chunk of season 3 is good, and season 5 is looking really nice. Skip 2 and the 2nd half of 4, you'll avoid loads of bs Wink

Rye, check out Arrow, its a really good show for a super hero show. Also, Gotham is pretty decent as well. Avoid Agents of Shield like its the plague.
Thanks given by:
I've heard nothing but terrible things from all my friends about arrow.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-09, 06:00 PM)encore Wrote:
(2014-11-09, 01:45 PM)HaroldSnepsts Wrote:

Millions of fans also like Two and a Half Men and Two Broke Girls, what's your point?

Like I said in my first post, the first season was great. For artistic purposes, it should have ended there. Would have made for a great mini-series. Obviously, as you and your millions of Walking Dead fanatic friends can attest to, money talks. I'll admit to having not watched any of the show after the Governor season, but up until that point, the farmhouse season and the Governor seasons were just painful. There's no longer the "shock factor" of having zombies randomly popping up, so the show has to rely on it's writers coming up with 'clever' story arcs, and their character development was terrible.

The one episode where you find out how the Governor becomes the Governor was one of the worst episodes of television I've ever seen.

My point is it's just opinion. I and many others love the show. I like the storyline and character development and I highly recommend the show. It would be boring if everyone liked everything.
Thanks given by:
True Detective was fantastic.

What about some older series? Off the top of my head, The West Wing, Da Vinci's Inquest or Homicide: Life on the Street.
Thanks given by:
I'm watching Weeds, 4 episodes in, I'm enjoying it. A fan of Mary Louise Parker
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
My wife and I are watching Orange is the New Black, and quite enjoying it.

I've heard great things about Suits. It's next on my list.
My Honda Civic has an Infinite Improbability Drive

Thanks given by:
Started up Justified the other night.. Timothy Olyphant seems like a natural for the role .. so far.
Thanks given by:
Walton Goggins is really good in the show too.
He's also fantastic in sons of anarchy
Thanks given by:
The Facts of Life

I have been watching NYPD Blue what a great show that was, Jimmy Smitts was great in that show
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-14, 05:48 PM)Plummer Wrote: Walton Goggins is really good in the show too.
He's also fantastic in sons of anarchy

Walton Goggins is a national treasure.

Speaking of Goggins, if you want something in the anti-hero crime drama that's finished, check out "The Shield". Early seasons have a bit of a '90s vibe, but it's an excellent show nonetheless. I think it's on Canadian Netflix.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-14, 12:35 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Started up Justified the other night.. Timothy Olyphant seems like a natural for the role .. so far.

Olyphant IS Raylan Givens, great job!

Cant believe anyone is not hooked after watching the first ten minutes of episode one, when he counts down...

He also did a great job in Deadwood.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-09, 01:51 PM)PistolPete Wrote: I cannot stress enough how enjoyable Shameless is every single episode.

There is not even close to as great of a mix of drama and comedy out there right now.

Is shameless on Netflix?
Thanks given by: