Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thank U Pleks!!
Unconditional waiver s
Thanks given by:
Mtl is parting ways with Pleks. They are placinf him on unconditional waivers.

I will say classy move...bringing him back to get his 1000 game. And payinf him 2M to do it lol

I actually thoughr we could use him as C depth after losing DLR
Thanks given by:
Always appreciated his passion to wear rhe blue and white..very good player for us. Asked to be a 1C when we were lacking. Solid D frwd
Thanks given by:
Wow .. Didn't think they would do this. Alzner next please ?
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
I have to feel this was the plan all along. Seriously makes to much sense
Thanks given by:
Saw that.
Appears Bergevin brought him back for his 1000th game at Centre Bell.
This development is more fair to Plex and to prospects in Laval than
giving him the mushroom treatment until trade deadline 2019.
(wonder if he requested this ?)

Best of luck, Plex !
Thanks given by:
Or unlike those on Robidas island he was NOT in favor of being in thia position and asked for an out. But for sure this is mutual
Thanks given by:
I still remember watching Pleks play in Hamilton.... always liked this player.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 10:50 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Mtl is parting ways with Pleks. They are placinf him on unconditional waivers.

I will say classy move...bringing him back to get his 1000 game. And payinf him 2M to do it lol

What does this mean..
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
Means they r releasing him out. So he will be UFA.
Thanks given by:
My guess is he'll play in the Extraliga or in the KHL with Prague for  a couple of years, while his wife's career continues. I wonder if the long term plan is to settle here or Czechia.

Good luck, Tomas; and thanks! Can't wait for the ceremony honoring you on the last game of this season!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 10:59 AM)Mavid Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 10:50 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Mtl is parting ways with Pleks. They are placinf him on unconditional waivers.

What does this mean..

Mutual termination of his contract.

Complete UFA. No penalties to the club.
Like what happened with Semin last season.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the fish, Pleky.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Thanks indeed.  definitely was a good soldier for the Habs but it was time to move forward.

Wish him well.
Quote:Reg Dunlop - " Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the league, you gotta buy it."

Thanks given by:
Thanks Pleky....enjoyed watching you play.

Frees up a roster spot....Sherbak back up soon???
If you take everything I’ve accomplished in my life and condense it down to one day, it looks decent! George Costanza
Thanks given by:
I just listened to the presser, he sounded so sad. Sad This was not a mutual decision, he didn't want't to retire.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 10:51 AM)Captain aHab Wrote: Wow .. Didn't think they would do this. Alzner next please ?

Alzner was not the worst defender last night and actually was +1 on the game.  Nope.  The worst defender distinction belonged to Danault who consistently did a poor job of covering his check in the slot all game and earned a team worst -3 for his efforts.
Quote:Reg Dunlop - " Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the league, you gotta buy it."

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 11:37 AM)FanOfHabs Wrote: Thanks Pleky....enjoyed watching you play.

Frees up a roster spot....Sherbak back up soon???

Well. Plek was on the 'injury list'; so there are still 15 forwards (Byron, Armia injured) and 9 D (RDS and Weber) on the roster. Even if Agostino was an 'injury call up', others will be clearing waivers. That's including Scherbak.

That leaves Scherbak, Deslaurier, Agostino and Hudon fighting for two spots (with KK waiver exempt); and the RDS, Mete, Alzner, Ouellet, Benn fighting for three spots (with Mete and Juulsen still waiver exempt).
Thanks given by:
Hard to make a solid case for Alzner, however you look at his performance; one game two games, all season, etc.

Still think he can play respectable hockey on a third pairing (2nd on our team because of just how bad the overall D is) alongside Juulsen like at times last season.

Petry playing 28 minutes just takes him out of his element and exposes his weaknesses. Worse with Benn, of course, if he plays tons of minutes in all game situations...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
If he was indeed used as a ceremonial bauble this season, that's sad and comical. But even though those are words easily applicable to MB's purple reign of error, in this case, I think they genuinely believed the old buzzard could contribute. 

Reflective of the changing times, I guess, that players like he and Markov can have such long stints with our storied Montreal Canadiens and never sniff a Cup.

A terrific career, however. Stick tap to a fine Hab.
Thanks given by: