Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Player's Tribune: Lamar Odom & Addiction
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/lamar-...-the-dark/

"I’m sober now. But it’s an everyday struggle. I have an addiction. I’ll always have an addiction. It never goes away. I mean, I want to get high right now. But I know that I can’t if I want to be here for my children."

[Image: Odom-Drugs-Pull.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Great read, proud of him. It's tough but it's got its pros that outweigh the cons.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Geez - what a read.

I could have written half that article - the things we did, the things we felt - identical.

This disease, it doesn't care who you are or how much money you have or how famous you are - it can take us all to the same place.
Thanks given by:
I lost a friend about 5 weeks ago. This guy was 6'2 about 240 lbs and he could pound back a 26 oz bottle of hard liquor every day. The guy was a great athlete before the disease took over, it cost him his marriage and in the end it cost him his life. One of the nicest and most humble human beings that I've ever known. May he rest in peace.

I applaud Lamar for opening up and I wish him success in his endeavor to stay clean.
Thanks given by:
Odom was always one of my favourite players in the NBA. He was a lefty and was able to drive left or right, so he was always a matchup nightmare. I don't think he ever fully lived up to the expectations everyone heaped upon him, but he was a very serviceable player in the NBA and was a key contributor for those great Lakers teams.

This was a difficult article to read, but it's nice to hear that Lamar is seemingly on the right track now. Hopefully it stays that way.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by: