Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Sliding Avalanche - Game #45 - 730pm
(2019-01-10, 12:05 AM)Ramtuf Wrote: Sloppy win. BSD allowed 2 goals he should have had and created the turn over that led to a goal. We need to start playing better.

Yea some stinkers but he still gave us a chance . The second period was all Avs . He still makes the important saves . Still feel better with him in net . Everybody has an off night and he has been on more then off . Call me biased if you want but he is still my goalie and it’s not close . 
      Maybe he guys in front of him could tighten up I. Front of him so he doesn’t have to be Roy every night too . Scoring goals are fun but I see work to be done still .
Thanks given by: Beerisfood , Beerisfood
Any one else see Mackinnon having a shit fit on the bench near the end? Yelling at the head coach! Falling off the bench, At the end you can clearly see him say “Do your Fu(King job!!” Either way you look at it the Optics are bad when the Head Coach and arguably your best player are at it
Thanks given by: Bully , Bully , Nanuuk
Didn’t bother me Reg.  Silly
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
If only McDavid had that in him eh lol
Thanks given by: Suity
Def. a game I felt the Avs lost rather then the Flames won....

Don't want to meet these guys in the playoffs.
Thanks given by:
Hola!
[Image: 8R3tRKE.gif]
Six out of seven dwarfs aren't Happy.
Thanks given by: Suity , Beerisfood , Bully , Bully
Not sure what Mckinnon knows about coaching, but if I were the coach and my star player started yelling at me, he'd be benched. Then bag skated the next practice, then in the press box for the next game. You can only have one alpha on the team and that has to be the coach.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-09, 11:19 PM)KNilsson14 Wrote: And that is why I roll my eyes at complaints about Hathaway

He is the hit leader on the Flames by a longshot

Well get ready to roll your eyes some more then.  Icon_rolleyes
Do you think Hathaway strikes fear in anyone on the opposing teams? I don't.
Do you think opposing D men look over their shoulders and cough up the puck if they see Hathaway coming in behind them on the forecheck? I don't
Do you think their star players are thinking they better dump the puck in rather than carry it for fear the Hathaway train is coming? I don't
I guarantee teams are a lot more aware of when Bennett, Chucky and Hamonic are on the ice than Garnett.
I would go as far to say that if Kerby Rychel was put in the line up for the next game, players would be watching out for him more than our #21.

He may bump into guys more than anyone else on the team but I haven't seen him lay anyone out or try to put someone in the 4th row.
Yes, he has turned into a decent pk'er, but with a team with Backlund, Frolik, Lindholm, Jankowski, Bennett, and even Ryan that shouldn't be enough alone to keep him in the lineup.

I totally agree that we need some more grit but I just don't see it from him... I really have no use for him at all and haven't for the last couple of years.

I was only able to watch the first period last night as I had my own game, but I see Rittich with the post game hat... that alone tells me I don't need to go look at the highlights to critic what some may have seen as a soft goal.
Another great win boys!
Bring on Florida!
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , FlameFilosi4 , Bully
Teams can't be good for 82 games. Impossible. Never been done. The idea is to be good for as many as possible. Having depth helps spread the load. Like scoring 5 goals and your top line scored 1 of them, on the PP. Like having your goalie make a number of brilliant stops, and let in a stinker or 2.

The Flames are coming off a 4 game road trip and havent practiced in a while. Coach Peters will get a chance to work the boyz in practice a lot the next stretch, and that will be good for the team IMHO. I thought Janko and Frodo had great games, and Neal was a solid presence. Gio played 26 solid minutes, Brodie 24. The Flames may have been outshot, but I never felt the Flames were in trouble in that game. They seemed to have control and were going to win it. Hmmmph maybe they CAN win all the games Cool

Going South

The mechanics tell me the Lear jet is tuned and ready, and I have a reserved spot in Area 51, So I will relocate operations to the South Command Centre in Vegas. I should be up and online for the next game.

Stay warm Boyz Happy
Six out of seven dwarfs aren't Happy.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Beerisfood , Suity , Bully , Bully
(2019-01-10, 10:51 AM)Beerisfood Wrote: I guarantee teams are a lot more aware of when Bennett, Chucky and Hamonic are on the ice than Garnett.
I would go as far to say that if Kerby Rychel was put in the line up for the next game, players would be watching out for him more than our #21.

I am not sure about Rychel.., simply have not seen enough of him.

If the Flames were to bring someone better at playing the 4th line role than Hathaway, then he can sit or be traded or go back to Stockton.  My expectations aren't high.., he's a fringe NHLer.  He leads the team with 104 hits (which I think is kinda lame for a team leader in this category)..,. but the next best is Bennett with 79 and then another massive drop-off to Hanifin with 58.  Lindholm & Tkachuk both average just less than 1 hit/game.

I grit my teeth when I see guys in the bottom six roles who don't even have double digit totals in hits or a guy who has played 20 games at defense without registering a single hit.

To me that is more of a red flag than anything Hathaway has or has not done.
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
Which is why we should target guys like Ferly and Maroon or bring up a guy like Lazar. Trouble is he is a C/RW and unless the Flames trade Hathaway, Czarnik, or Ryan he won't play regularly. He is doing so well down in Stockton his real value (if he can't play higher up in the line up) is as trade bait.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
The problem with guys like Maroon and Ferland now is that they have had a taste of playing on a top line with some pretty high end talent and believe, right or wrong, that they belong up there as well. They tend to stop doing the things that got them there like the banging and crashing and try to focus on just potting goals. I believe these types of players now feel it is beneath them to go down to a bottom six role and work/play hard.
I call this Sandy McCarthy syndrome. It is quite a serious diagnosis and can lead to a premature end to their career.

Maroon is a healthy scratch tonight on a pretty terrible St. Louis team. It's not like his scenery has gone stale in 34 games and a change would give him that boost. I think he puts his poopy pants on because he isn't playing top line minutes. I would have put money on him pricing himself out of a job this past summer just like our pal Glencross did.

I am not sure who is available or anything like that but a guy like Kyle Clifford out of LA is the type of player I would target for that role.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , KNilsson14
I call it Glencross Syndrome
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: