Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Stockton Heat
(2016-12-09, 12:00 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Anybody else notice that the Flames picked up a young RD, Kayle Doetzel 6'3" 205 lbs. after he was released in camp by the Oilers? This Rosetown, Saskatchewan (hmmm, where I have heard that before) boy has played in 16 games with the Heat with zero goals and assists, but a steady plus 5.

Kayle spent his career in Red Deer as a Rebel. He's a brick shithouse to say the least. Quietly responsible defensively and a real mean streak when provoked. His biggest drawback was said mean streak. He's almost like Iggy was, needs a little motivation to bring out the beast. There's definitely something to be said about poking the bear. I got to talk to him a couple times during the Memorial Cup run last year, very nice farm kid, almost nice to a fault. However seeing his numbers on the Heat, the steady D is there and that mean streak has reared it's head a few times. Good to see, he's one of my favourites.
Hold my beer and watch this!
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Nanuuk , Bully
Meanwhile down on the farm the Coach Huska and the boys have us into a play-off spot with a 4 point cushion. Shinky has picked the right time to up his game with a couple more goals and Vey had 3 assists.

http://stocktonheat.com/news/shinkaruk-s...-san-jose/

Thanks given by: Bully , FlameFilosi4
Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
The #Flames have assigned Rasmus Andersson and David Rittich to the @AHLHeat.

The Heat play in San Jose today so these boyz stayed while the team flew home.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
I think I just seen Gillies was recalled this afternoon .
Thanks given by: Bully
The Heat have clinched a play-off spot!

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-clinch...kersfield/

Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Isn't Bakersfield Edmonton's farm team?

Thanks given by: Bully
Meanwhile in the AHL play-offs, the Heat have evened the series against San Hosey by winning game 2 in San Jose.

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-steal-...in-game-2/

Thanks given by:
(2017-03-15, 02:16 AM)Carson Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 12:00 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Anybody else notice that the Flames picked up a young RD, Kayle Doetzel 6'3" 205 lbs. after he was released in camp by the Oilers? This Rosetown, Saskatchewan (hmmm, where I have heard that before) boy has played in 16 games with the Heat with zero goals and assists, but a steady plus 5.

Kayle spent his career in Red Deer as a Rebel. He's a brick shithouse to say the least. Quietly responsible defensively and a real mean streak when provoked. His biggest drawback was said mean streak. He's almost like Iggy was, needs a little motivation to bring out the beast. There's definitely something to be said about poking the bear. I got to talk to him a couple times during the Memorial Cup run last year, very nice farm kid, almost nice to a fault. However seeing his numbers on the Heat, the steady D is there and that mean streak has reared it's head a few times. Good to see, he's one of my favourites.

Very NON fast D man.  Needs to gain a lot of foot speed. But when he fights he is mean.
Thanks given by:
The Heat lose game 3 in their best of five series against the San Josey Barracuda.

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-comeba...-san-jose/

Interesting to note that young Jankowski is again leading the team in scoring, although he is -3 in the series. He must be getting some tough minutes to play.

Thanks given by:
Stockton forces game 5 in San Hosey on Tuesday with a 5-3 victory yesterday. They were led by Linden Vey up front and Dave Rittich in goal. I think Vey will challenge for a spot on the big club next year.

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-force-...-in-third/

Thanks given by:
The Heat are in tough, going into San Jose for game 5 against the #! team. But the young guys are getting some great playoff experience.

Rittich seems to have taken the #1 spot for now from Gillies and has been very solid.

I think the top line of Janko, Mangiapane and Hathaway all have a better shot next year at the big team than Vey, who is a great AHL player but too slow for the NHL, and is not getting any faster.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , KNilsson14
True. The reason I said that was because Vey posted Jankowski like numbers during the regular season and is showing leadership during the play-offs. Whether that translates to a job with the big club is iffy. We are chalk full of centremen and it will be tough. Still he has shown desire in spades so I think he'll push some guys including young Marko.

Thanks given by:
(2017-05-01, 10:24 AM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote: Rittich seems to have taken the #1 spot for now from Gillies and has been very solid.

Yes he has. Which is why I think one of these two will graduate to the big club next year unless the Flames sign a no.1 and bring back Johnson. In which case Rittich and Gillies could be Stockton's goalies. IF both are re-signed. Both are RFA's. Come to think of it so is Vey, so the Flames will have to decide whether to resign him as well.

Thanks given by:
(2017-05-01, 10:56 AM)Nanuuk Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 10:24 AM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote: Rittich seems to have taken the #1 spot for now from Gillies and has been very solid.

Yes he has. Which is why I think one of these two will graduate to the big club next year unless the Flames sign a no.1 and bring back Johnson. In which case Rittich and Gillies could be Stockton's goalies. IF both are re-signed. Both are RFA's. Come to think of it so is Vey, so the Flames will have to decide whether to resign him as well.
They have young Parsons signed as well and need a spot for him to play. They also have MacDonald in the ECHL and the guy they signed for Exp. Draft. And the kid in Med. Hat will need a spot.

So the pressure is on them to bring one up IMHO. I thought it was gonna be Gillies, the fair haired draft choice who was on Janko's team when they won the NCAA final, and was the one they seemed to be grooming for the spot.

Rittich was just the kid they found in the Czech Rep. but he was come in, split the season with Gillies and outplayed him at times.

So I hope that they are battling it out for the backup next camp. I like homeboy Johnson, but if they can swap for Fluery and his 2 year contract, that would be perfect to get 20+ games for the young backup.

I think they keep Vey as one of the vets you need on an AHL squad.
Thanks given by:
A Flames from Above 80 Feet article, written before game 4. Lots of player interviews and a good read.

http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca

Thanks given by: Bully , Bully
After a scoreless first period, Gillies takes over for Rittich in net to start the 2nd.

Thanks given by:
Stinkeruk hits the post on a breakaway.
Thanks given by:
Too bad.. but they took it right to the wire
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Feck. Too bad. The boys were on a roll.

Thanks given by: