Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ultimate Goal...
(2017-01-12, 11:13 AM)Chris D Wrote: no..but they also had Malkin on top of Sid...it would be like the Oilers having 2 McDavids.

Letang, Gonchar, Orpik...not a bad blue line either..

Fleury was also one of the best goalies that year too...

Pens had a lot going for them.

I'm not weighing in on the 'who first' but saying Crosby/Malkin is equal to 2 McDavid's? Really?

One Malkin isn't equal to one McDavid now or ever and time is going to tell which of McDavid/Crosby win out on the head to head; that McDavid is already in the conversation at 20 says a ton though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
Toronto doesn't lack goaltending. Andersen has been excellent. We need to add a top pairing D and maybe a rugged third pairing guy. Pretty much all our forward needs will be filled internally in the next couple years. However, it will be at least five years before we win.
I come from downtown
Born ready for you
Armed with will and determination
And grace, too
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-13, 10:09 PM)Oil4Evr Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 11:13 AM)Chris D Wrote: no..but they also had Malkin on top of Sid...it would be like the Oilers having 2 McDavids.

I'm not weighing in on the 'who first' but saying Crosby/Malkin is equal to 2 McDavid's? Really?

One Malkin isn't equal to one McDavid now or ever and time is going to tell which of McDavid/Crosby win out on the head to head; that McDavid is already in the conversation at 20 says a ton though....

I think you may be really undervaluing Malkin or over valuing McDavid...McD may never be a 100pt guy....Malkin done it 3 times...seasons with 47 and 50 goals.   How about waiting until McDavid accomplishes something like that to say Malkin "isn't and never will be him"

The point was...in that Stanley Cup season...the Pens had two 100 pt players.  Two game changers..on different lines spreading out the offense. 

Edmonton might have a Crosby in their lineup...but they don't have a Malkin.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 05:48 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2017-01-13, 10:09 PM)Oil4Evr Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 11:13 AM)Chris D Wrote: no..but they also had Malkin on top of Sid...it would be like the Oilers having 2 McDavids.

I think you may be really undervaluing Malkin or over valuing McDavid...McD may never be a 100pt guy....Malkin done it 3 times...seasons with 47 and 50 goals.   How about waiting until McDavid accomplishes something like that to say Malkin "isn't and never will be him"

The point was...in that Stanley Cup season...the Pens had two 100 pt players.  Two game changers..on different lines spreading out the offense. 

Edmonton might have a Crosby in their lineup...but they don't have a Malkin.

Leon Draisaitl is doing a very good job of providing offence, both with and without Mcdavid.
Thanks given by: