Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The post-Karlsson trade thread
I am hoping that Boedkker can have a career year so we can trade him for a high enough pick and bad contract at the deadline. We need to learn how to take on bad contracts that have high caphits but low salary, might be able to get some good assets during this "rebuild"
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I can't articulate properly how pissed off I am about this trade.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 06:23 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: I can't articulate properly how pissed off I am about this trade.

Slept on it.  Im even more pissed off today.  Some fans have started an "empty the rink" campaign.  I hope Melnyk is ready for the worst attendance in the hstory of this franchise.  I sure as hell am not paying a dime for anything Senators this season.  Unless the team is sold.
Thanks given by:
Good. He deserves it. I'm trying to put all this together.

Dorion says:
- The plan to rebuild was decided in February
- In order to rebuild, they had to trade Karlsson

Therefore, the contract offer they made in July was an obvious lowball, hence Erik's comments of "I'm going to get what I'm worth no matter where I go". (Trying to save face?)

So, really all this is, is a cheap owner, cutting GENERATIONAL talent loose, because he's too cheap to pay up.

I don't buy Dorion's BS. He was forced to trade Karlsson, plain and simple, and the rebuild explanation is simply a lie to keep his job.

What.A.Waste.
Thanks given by:
couldn't they have kept Hoffman then?
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 09:26 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 06:58 PM)andreroy Wrote: The forward group is fine. It was enough for the team to be competitive.

But without Karlsson, there's no chance this team will be better than 29th place with this defence corps. Cody Ceci is going to be the number one guy. Jesus Murphy.

Actually Chabot is the number 1 guy now. He will excel; count on it!

I think by the end of the season you may be right.

But there's no way they are giving a kid #1 minutes to start the season, especially with Boucher.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 07:53 AM)himmelblau Wrote: couldn't they have kept Hoffman then?

hmmmm I guess they didn't want to get caught up in even more controversy then? Many fans took Karlsson's side (includes me)

By choosing Hoffman at the time would signal to fans Karlsson is gone, so I guess they didn't want to break the fans illusion (Karlsson re-resigning) too early?
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 07:55 AM)andreroy Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 09:26 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 06:58 PM)andreroy Wrote: The forward group is fine. It was enough for the team to be competitive.

But without Karlsson, there's no chance this team will be better than 29th place with this defence corps. Cody Ceci is going to be the number one guy. Jesus Murphy.

Actually Chabot is the number 1 guy now. He will excel; count on it!

I think by the end of the season you may be right.

But there's no way they are giving a kid #1 minutes to start the season, especially with Boucher.

How long do you think Boucher lasts? Some say he's being kept as scape goat. Isn't Crawford still here?
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 09:04 AM)FashionPolice Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 07:53 AM)himmelblau Wrote: couldn't they have kept Hoffman then?

hmmmm I guess they didn't want to get caught up in even more controversy then? Many fans took Karlsson's side (includes me)

By choosing Hoffman at the time would signal to fans Karlsson is gone, so I guess they didn't want to break the fans illusion (Karlsson re-resigning) too early?

I still can't believe Dorion traded with SJ after they trolled him by sending Hoff back out east
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
It's a panic move because Geno told him to trade EK before the season started as they did not want him in the locker room.

Those 2 idiots are going to drive this team into the ground sooner than later.
Thanks given by:
You guys are rebuilding, do you really want them to be decent this year?
Thanks given by:
I always want my team to win
Thanks given by: FashionPolice
(2018-09-14, 09:09 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: It's a panic move because Geno told him to trade EK before the season started as they did not want him in the locker room.

Is Karlsson that bad in the locker room? Was he (in part) responsible for the coaching carousel?

I was there at Paul Maclean's last game (Neil bobblehead night) and he had a go with Maclean because he was out of position for Vancouver's first 2 goals (saw it for myself Karlsson's positioning as I was sitting in section 115 at the blue line).
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 09:12 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: I always want my team to win

Especially when you don't hold your first round draft pick.
Settle in boys going to be 3-5 years of pain, much like we felt in Toronto.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by: ckendall
(2018-09-14, 09:45 AM)Chip Wrote:

no it will be longer.

When Toronto decided it was time for a re-build, they hired a competent GM and VP of HO. They strengthened their farm system. They drafted wisely, they got a coach that works well with young players, they dropped pretty much all their crap contracts. They made sure their scouting was on par and they invested in player development.

Ottawa has done none of those things.
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by: ckendall
(2018-09-14, 09:23 AM)FashionPolice Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 09:09 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: It's a panic move because Geno told him to trade EK before the season started as they did not want him in the locker room.

Is Karlsson that bad in the locker room? Was he (in part) responsible for the coaching carousel?

I was there at Paul Maclean's last game (Neil bobblehead night) and he had a go with Maclean because he was out of position for Vancouver's first 2 goals (saw it for myself Karlsson's positioning as I was sitting in section 115 at the blue line).

I don't think Mac and EK really liked each other at all, so I suppose that's possible. 

Gonna be a few years of pain.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 09:51 AM)venison_casserole Wrote:

no it will be longer.

When Toronto decided it was time for a re-build, they hired a competent GM and VP of HO. They strengthened their farm system. They drafted wisely, they got a coach that works well with young players, they dropped pretty much all their crap contracts. They made sure their scouting was on par and they invested in player development.

You are correct. I feel bad for Ottawa, that owner is an absolute clown, and until he is gone, I don't see it getting any better. Toronto and it's fans know all about meddling owners. You need to hire a President / GM and give him the keys and a proper budget. You don't have to be a cap team, but not signing franchise players because the owner is a cheapo sends a pretty bad message.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by: FormalWare
I can't imagine what it must feel like to be a Senators fan, right now. Your team was pretty good, not that long ago (and a bit of a nemesis for my Habs). Now they're an early favourite in the race for high draft lottery percentages - and they traded next year's first rounder!

Yikes.
---
Give Marc Bergevin some credit.
(He'll pay you back with -10% interest.)
Thanks given by:
Seriously guys, not to stomp on the discussions at hand obviously but I would really like to know what you guys think about the lineup on opening day. The past 2 years of my life have been so busy with my new business I havent had a chance to really get I to the team and it coincides with them sucking so it made it worse.

For the first time in years I had to actually look up our roster online just to be able to put together a lineup. I dont even know half the guys on the roster right now I dont know who's a rookie or who was brought in through trades or signed as a free agent.

Do they rush Tkachuk? Does Wolanin make the team full time from camp? Is Colin White a "bust"? What about Formenton and Chlapik?

I feel like we just went through a rebuild a few seasons ago when Hoffman and Stone made the team and now again without any success in between.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 09:51 AM)venison_casserole Wrote:

no it will be longer.

Toronto bought their way out out of alot of problems. Something the Sens cant do.
Thanks given by: