Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The unthinkable? Trade Gallagher?
(2018-05-16, 08:20 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: All you hear here is how Marchensault is another Quebec born olayer the Habs could have had and missed out on again,

Does anyone believe he would be succeeding with us the way he has with Vegas? I just find it very hard to believe that would have been the case

A tiny, undrafted, high-scoring centre from Quebec?

Be still my sizzling loins.

Given he doesn't have the Chicago stank on him, he would have bounced back and forth between Hamilton and our fourth line before being dealt for the rights to Kyle Beach.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-16, 08:20 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: All you hear here is how Marchensault is another Quebec born olayer the Habs could have had and missed out on again,

Does anyone believe he would be succeeding with us the way he has with Vegas? I just find it very hard to believe that would have been the case

Marchensault scored 30 goals on one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He would have put up easily 20 goals here.

The issue with Marchensault was that he was CLEARLY available last summer as FLA couldn't protect him and it wouldn't have cost Sergachev to get him.

It is not second-guessing. A good F-QC scorer was available and MB went and blew up his defense to acquire another one instead. Now the Habs are screwed worse than last season as they need not only top2 centers but a top LDMan too. All the players LV got were AVAILABLE and MB didn't acquire ONE. Forget Marchensault...the Habs didn't need young players like Theodore or Tuch??? MB 100% missed the boat then tried trading Max 4 months later when it was way too late. He missed a gold mine opportunity to improve the team or at the minimum make it younger and faster.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 12:13 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote:

Marchensault scored 30 goals on one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He would have put up easily 20 goals here.

The issue with Marchensault was that he was CLEARLY available last summer as FLA couldn't protect him and it wouldn't have cost Sergachev to get him.

It is not second-guessing. A good F-QC scorer was available and MB went and blew up his defense to acquire another one instead. Now the Habs are screwed worse than last season as they need not only top2 centers but a top LDMan too. All the players LV got were AVAILABLE and MB didn't acquire ONE. Forget Marchensault...the Habs didn't need young players like Theodore or Tuch??? MB 100% missed the boat then tried trading Max 4 months later when it was way too late. He missed a gold mine opportunity to improve the team or at the minimum make it younger and faster.

Theodore (look, two Sheas!) would have been a great add.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 12:17 PM)RightNyder Wrote:

Theodore (look, two Sheas!) would have been a great add.
Sherwood...

I mean, sure would...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
I remember we went thru an "exercise" on HIO looking at players who were likely to be unprotected and who could help the Habs. I knew nothing about Marchessault except he was a center and had 30 goals. You can bet Florida (I think that was last team, right?) would have entertained the idea of getting paid something for him. So yes it was indeed out there but seems Habs management was lounging by the pool at the county club, or, if rumours can be believed, MB was working harder than any GM, hard but not smart
Thanks given by:

Seems to me there are 26 or so GMs that could have had any or all of the VGK players. Then they wouldn't be sitting home watching them in the conference finals.

It also goes to show there is no clear formula for building a winning team. If MB had chased after any of their centers last year we would have said he's dumpster diving again.
Thanks given by:
You guys and gals keep forgetting that trading for top end talent is hard. It never ever happens.  SN devil
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 04:03 PM)Habsfaninphx Wrote:

Seems to me there are 26 or so GMs that could have had any or all of the VGK players. Then they wouldn't be sitting home watching them in the conference finals.

It also goes to show there is no clear formula for building a winning team. If MB had chased after any of their centers last year we would have said he's dumpster diving again.
I guarantee it. Plus, there would have been this whole French name conspiracy refrain surrounding it as well.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 05:37 PM)Captain aHab Wrote: You guys and gals keep forgetting that trading for top end talent is hard. It never ever happens.  SN devil
That's only because it's really hard to remember as well Wink
Thanks given by:
LMAO MB getting a F-QC 30 goal scorer would have been called dumpster diving. So what was Drouin then??? Give me a break. More excuses...
Thanks given by: