Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This just in Sam Bennett is really good
(2014-09-30, 10:55 AM)bfitz77 Wrote: I meant in him deserving to be here in the sense that will he earn his spot? His foot speed and defensive play isn't nhl ready. His size and offensive ability are.

The Oilers have 3, (if I'm being generous), nhl caliber centermen on their current roster. If Leon is the best of the bad bunch then he should be in the nhl.

And I was comparing him to Monahan too. At every level and in almost every way he is a more complete player than Monahan was and Monahan did fine.

Completely disagree. I would take Monahan any day of any week of any draft in any era over Draisaitl. Monahan was NHL material almost from the moment he stepped into pre-season hockey and he never looked back.

Draisaitl, to me, still has the brilliant or bust label attached him. It is really unclear just how effective he will be in the NHL. Monahan was considered a future star almost the moment the NHL started buzzing about him. Sorry. I have no horse in this race either, as I detest Calgary and Edmonton equally. Wink
Thanks given by:
(2014-09-27, 02:50 PM)Suity Wrote: Loved Reggie !

So did we!!!Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2014-09-30, 03:14 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:
(2014-09-30, 10:55 AM)bfitz77 Wrote: I meant in him deserving to be here in the sense that will he earn his spot? His foot speed and defensive play isn't nhl ready. His size and offensive ability are.

The Oilers have 3, (if I'm being generous), nhl caliber centermen on their current roster. If Leon is the best of the bad bunch then he should be in the nhl.

And I was comparing him to Monahan too. At every level and in almost every way he is a more complete player than Monahan was and Monahan did fine.

Completely disagree. I would take Monahan any day of any week of any draft in any era over Draisaitl. Monahan was NHL material almost from the moment he stepped into pre-season hockey and he never looked back.

Draisaitl, to me, still has the brilliant or bust label attached him. It is really unclear just how effective he will be in the NHL. Monahan was considered a future star almost the moment the NHL started buzzing about him. Sorry. I have no horse in this race either, as I detest Calgary and Edmonton equally. Wink

Ok. Agree to disagree I guess.

I was just basing my opinion on their stastical history, size and how the experts projected them in there draft year. I guess only history will tell.
Thanks given by:
Had Monohan been available he would have been an Oiler over Nurse. Braintrust were very interested in getting him. Flames got rid of trader Jay a bit too early Icon_eekAngry
Thanks given by:
(2014-09-30, 04:59 PM)oilyrider Wrote: Had Monohan been available he would have been an Oiler over Nurse. Braintrust were very interested in getting him. Flames got rid of trader Jay a bit too early Icon_eekAngry

Agreed. Then the Oilers would have taken Bennett this year and the flames would have Draisatl.

The result would the exact same thread as this with the names moved around.
Thanks given by:
Instead we have two studs up the middle and the oilers don't ! Icon_twisted
Thanks given by:
(2014-09-30, 05:19 PM)Suity Wrote: Instead we have two studs up the middle and the oilers don't ! Icon_twisted

Exactly.
Thanks given by:
Honestly there was a chance Drycycle was coming here and I didn't want him . From what I was reading about him I didn't want him . I was pushing hard for Del Colle . After listening to Drycycle I had to admit the kid has some character to him and if he is handled properly he probably is a pretty good player . I hope I am wrong on this though !
Thanks given by: