Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This place has gone bonkers.
Just sayin'.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
I hear ya.
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
Not really that surprising.
Thanks given by:
It's doom and gloom all over again. I understood the fear and pain we all endured during those dark years, but it seems as though its doom and gloom all over again - and we are one of the best teams in the league.

There is uncertainty because of the contracts our RFAs will demand, but people here are losing their minds.

It's getting ridiculous and this forum is no longer fun for me.

Constant bitching and moaning...contestant criticism against the players and management...all the while, the Leafs are on pace for breaking a franchise record in wins and points. Some of our players are having career years. We have a Norris calibre defenceman for the first time since I have been alive. We have so much homegrown talent and they are the players who are carrying this team. We made a UFA signing who has done exactly what he was expected to do if not more. We have some of the best damn talent in the league....so many positives right now with this team...yet still the same nonesense.

Our core forwards are very young. They are still learning and learning to become better overall players. More complete players. It's a process.

Our GM has been on the job for 8 months and people expect him to have had everything fixed and repaired immediately.

It's a process. Patience is still needed...but this place has become shit
(2019-01-12, 03:55 PM)MisterZ Wrote: It's doom and gloom all over again. I understood the fear and pain we all endured during those dark years, but it seems as though its doom and gloom all over again - and we are one of the best teams in the league.

There is uncertainty because of the contracts our RFAs will demand, but people here are losing their minds.

Constant bitching and moaning...contestant criticism against the players and management...all the while, the Leafs are on pace for breaking a franchise record in wins and points. Some of our players are having career years. We have a Norris calibre defenceman for the first time since I have been alive. We have so much homegrown talent and they are the players who are carrying this team. We made a UFA signing who has done exactly what he was expected to do if not more. We have some of the best damn talent in the league....so many positives right now with this team...

It’s easier to be negative because if the team fails to win it all you can beat your chest and say “I told you so” Most of the ones making all the noise don’t actually understand the business side of the NHL yet think they know how the business should be run. 

It’s embarrassing how some are acting.
Thanks given by: Justaleafan
Yep. Way too negative. Especially the game threads.
Thanks given by: Justaleafan
(2019-01-12, 03:55 PM)MisterZ Wrote: It's doom and gloom all over again. I understood the fear and pain we all endured during those dark years, but it seems as though its doom and gloom all over again - and we are one of the best teams in the league.

Constant bitching and moaning...contestant criticism against the players and management...all the while, the Leafs are on pace for breaking a franchise record in wins and points. Some of our players are having career years. We have a Norris calibre defenceman for the first time since I have been alive. We have so much homegrown talent and they are the players who are carrying this team. We made a UFA signing who has done exactly what he was expected to do if not more. We have some of the best damn talent in the league....so many positives right now with this team...yet still the same nonesense.

Our core forwards are very young. They are still learning and learning to become better overall players. More complete players. It's a process.

Our GM has been on the job for 8 months and people expect him to have had everything fixed and repaired immediately.

I was wrong earlier.  THIS ^^^ is the most sensible thing I've read here in a long while.^^^
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
I have been patiently waiting since 1967 so what is a few more years going to do???
Thanks given by:

^^^^ !!

We are currently on pace for more points than ever before.
We have a goalie who is top 5 in the league
We have two guys on pace for 50+ goals
we have a young guy who could hit 90+ assists
we have a Defence man who is in the running for the Norris and all people want to talk about is how poorly Nylander is playing because he sat out or how Marner is going to get 12 million and Matthews 15 million.?
how about enjoy the success and the games and let Dubas and Co figure out the rest.

oh yeah for all ths shit that is dumped on our terrible Blueliners..? we are top 5-10 in the league SMH

i barely come here anymore for this reason..i come for FGG thread and i'm out..no need for all this drama in my life
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 04:41 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: I have been patiently waiting since 1967 so what is a few more years going to do???

How much longer do you plan on waiting? Wink
Thanks given by:
It’s easier to be negative because if the team fails to win it all you can beat your chest and say “I told you so”

That's pretty much the sentiment or the impression I get from most fans or media in Leafland.

It's like we can't even relish or enjoy the good times right now because all we ever hear about is contract negotiations, offer sheets, who we have to trade from the group of forwards.....even with the array of good, young talent, it's like some folks are waiting for the other shoe to drop....probably because a lot of fans have been so used to negativity, so used to being let down or disappointed at season's end, they're probably expecting more of the same this season and beyond.... Plain
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 04:49 PM)RATW-Leafaholic Wrote:

^^^^ !!

We are currently on pace for more points than ever before.
We have a goalie who is top 5 in the league
We have two guys on pace for 50+ goals
we have a young guy who could hit 90+ assists
we have a Defence man who is in the running for the Norris and all people want to talk about is how poorly Nylander is playing because he sat out or how Marner is going to get 12 million and Matthews 15 million.?
how about enjoy the success and the games and let Dubas and Co figure out the rest.

oh yeah for all ths shit that is dumped on our terrible Blueliners..? we are top 5-10 in the league SMH

i barely come here anymore for this reason..i come for FGG thread and i'm out..no need for all this drama in my life

You just commented in another post how nylander should be shipped out of town. Because of that I have been defending why he wont be traded since dubas committed to him long term.
Thanks given by:
I have a question for some....where would you rather be right now?

At/near the top of the standings where the Leafs are at now...

or

Being a bottomfeeder like the Sens or Red Wings right now....?

Or would you rather be where the Oilers are right now....a middling team with a generational talent while being surrounded by a bunch of 'pylons' or guys that probably wouldn't be good enough to crack the Leafs' roster right about now...?
Thanks given by:
Some folks are talking about this season the same way they talked about the '18 wheeler-going-off-the-cliff' seasons from the past; as if to suggest that, inspite of the numerous changes in management, behind the bench, on the roster, basically the Leafs are still the same as they were 3-4 years ago...like some folks can't get past those grim days in Leafland, and nothing the team ever does or no matter how much they change the culture, some folks will never be convinced that the team has changed its ways compared to the past.... Plain
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 04:52 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 04:41 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: I have been patiently waiting since 1967 so what is a few more years going to do???

How much longer do you plan on waiting?  Wink

28 years, but they had better dam we’ll win in the next two year, lol.
Thanks given by: MisterZ , MisterZ
I don't see how some conversation about how the Marner/Matthews contracts might impact the Leafs in the very near future is complaining.

Of course I'm enjoying the season, the Leafs are capable of some great things. Hopefully we'll be able to keep adding those right ingredients and the Matthews/Marner negotiations will have a large impact on how we operate moving forward. I hope Dubas,Matthews and Marner can block out the white noise effectively enough to come up with deals that keep us in a good position for a long time.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 05:36 PM)ckendall Wrote: Some folks are talking about this season the same way they talked about the '18 wheeler-going-off-the-cliff' seasons from the past; as if to suggest that, inspite of the numerous changes in management, behind the bench, on the roster, basically the Leafs are still the same as they were 3-4 years ago...like some folks can't get past those grim days in Leafland, and nothing the team ever does or no matter how much they change the culture, some folks will never be convinced that the team has changed its ways compared to the past....  Plain

I think we are 1 or 2 defense men and maybevanother top centre away from the big year! Overall I try to be positive and in anotherbthread the talk turned to maybe, stress maybe, trading Mr Matthews. Now as hockey is a business and Matthews is an asset of that business I would not have a problem but it would have to a huge, really huge blockbuster of a trade. Several top players who have control left on their contracts and at least 2 firsts and even maybe a 2nd. I am a dreamer for sure.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 04:02 PM)shadylane Wrote: Yep. Way too negative. Especially the game threads.

The game threads are absolute shit. The overreaction in the threads is why I dont post in them anymore. 

I've noticed the game threads are only like 2 or 3 pages...considering how well the leafs are doing, you would expect more interaction. But I think many posters feel the same way I do.

I mean the leafs had won 5 straight and put up a stinker against the islanders...and people were freaking out as if we hadn't won a game all year...questioning the players' character, heart, desire to play for one another...

Absolute horseshit.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 05:51 PM)The Nemesis Wrote: I don't see how some conversation about how the Marner/Matthews contracts might impact the Leafs in the very near future is complaining.

Of course I'm enjoying the season, the Leafs are capable of some great things.  Hopefully we'll be able to keep adding those right ingredients and the Matthews/Marner negotiations will have a large impact on how we operate moving forward.  I hope Dubas,Matthews and Marner can block out the white noise effectively enough to come up with deals that keep us in a good position for a long time.

You are right. Absolutely these things ought to be discussed...but there is an extremely negative tone in these discussions.

A lot of posters are sounding like the guys on hockey central.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 06:08 PM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 05:51 PM)The Nemesis Wrote: I don't see how some conversation about how the Marner/Matthews contracts might impact the Leafs in the very near future is complaining.

Of course I'm enjoying the season, the Leafs are capable of some great things.  Hopefully we'll be able to keep adding those right ingredients and the Matthews/Marner negotiations will have a large impact on how we operate moving forward.  I hope Dubas,Matthews and Marner can block out the white noise effectively enough to come up with deals that keep us in a good position for a long time.

You are right. Absolutely these things ought to be discussed...but there is an extremely negative tone in these discussions.

A lot of posters are sounding like the guys on hockey central.

I gave up watch that s.hit show at 1 pm our time. Too negative especially Nick and Doug. They both are bad IMO for the game.
Thanks given by: