Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Today's Scoreboard Watching
(Yesterday, 02:19 PM)ari Wrote:
(Yesterday, 02:02 PM)northern1 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:52 PM)We Scriptor Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:45 PM)Leavethecoachalone Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:52 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Amazing. Absolutely amazing. You don't get all the hate for Pacioretty, so let's make it about how much you hate Price?

Spectacular form, LTCA.
People get on my ass about being reletive qith the guy i expect much more from...yet 2 years later Therrien grumblings can still be heard and Max bashing also.

Repetition isnt the problem...its the tone of the repetition that erks some.

Whata good for the goose is good forvyhe gander.

Dish it...than take it.  Dont shoot the messenger because you dont like yhe message.

Again double standards.

Thats quite spectacular you if you ask me.

If only things were equal.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
There's a difference in repetition. The repetition you complain of comes from many different sources that spend their time talking of other things as well. You magically center everything you say -- or close to it -- around the albatross contract handed out to Price (your opinion also shared by others).

It's not tone -- although something can be said about that as well -- it's mostly the repetitious undertones.

BO-ring.

B0-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

I just repeated myself for your benefit, since it's a style you adhere to.

I don't think you're an idiot or anything, but you definitely have a fixation condition when it comes to Price.

I don't think you're an idiot or anything, but you definitely have a fixation condition when it comes to Price.

Have to disagree Script... anyone that thinks Price doesn’t give a shit, or is the problem with the HABS, is an idiot. Maybe worse...

The contract, well, that can be discussed as bad, with merit. 

I do agree that the Max bashing is/was pathetic as well..... one player is hardly responsible for the failures of our favourite team....

I think LTCA meant if Price had a better numbers in first quarter which is true .If Price was at .925 the first quarter too ,we were in . But he didn't have Weber in front of him..At the same time when you make 10 mil the expectation is to keep it at .925.
The Max bashing is crazy..The 30 + goal scorer is very hard to get, but it is so easy to let go..

It's simple.  If management is planning to get rid of you, then the stories start to leak about how you want out anyway.  If management is planning to keep you, then you will get signed a year early, and stories will leak out about how wonderful you are with kids, etc.

I don't think there's much difference between Max and Carey as decent people, and effective players.  Both are classy individuals, and both are good at what they do on the ice.  Max has 10 points for Vegas these playoffs, and may end up with 20+ if they get to the next round.

So Max kind of floated by the end, with Rads gone, and his departure imminent.  Carey also was tired and struggled while Weber was injured...

Stuff happens.  These guys are doing their best, and they are only human, affected by their environment just like you and me.  The money doesn't matter.
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by: northern1 , Habysmal
(Yesterday, 02:08 PM)Leavethecoachalone Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:52 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:52 AM)Scriptor Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:15 AM)Leavethecoachalone Wrote: Why all the hate for Max?

I dont get it...

A case of expecting more from him without the pieces around him to have him excel...yet still managed multiple 30 goal seasons.

His laxsidasical play at times...sure.  Like Drouin...but much better.  All for much less than the going rate for a forward in his caliber range.

Price gets every bit of latitude...and had the last season and first quarter of this one in slouch/injury excuse mode...at more than twice the money Max demanded.  If Price gave a shit the first quarter this season Habs make the playoffs even with the dismal PP.

I dont feel Max or Therrien ever got a fare shake...compared to number 31.

I hate double standards.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. You don't get all the hate for Pacioretty, so let's make it about how much you hate Price?

Spectacular form, LTCA.
People get on my ass about being reletive qith the guy i expect much more from...yet 2 years later Therrien grumblings can still be heard and Max bashing also.

Dish it...than take it.  Dont shoot the messenger because you dont like yhe message.

Again double standards.

There's a difference in repetition. The repetition you complain of comes from many different sources that spend their time talking of other things as well. You magically center everything you say -- or close to it -- around the albatross contract handed out to Price (your opinion also shared by others).

It's not tone -- although something can be said about that as well -- it's mostly the repetitious undertones.

BO-ring.

B0-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

You guys are going to have to start not taking Price things so personally.  

Theres lots of boring repetitive future line casting you go about.  And i dont go troll all your fantasy talk.

So just stop taking talk about 'God' so friggin personally...and let any boring repetive talking venting or whateve occur without reprise.  Like your 50 posts dedicated to the future.  Your bound to get one close with all those prognostications.

I figured i would lead by example...you know not troll those threads or others that view things diffrently.

Things arent equal here are they?

I think if you look at Max and his tenure here, it's mostly favorable.

He NEVER had an elite C man to play with and consistently put up 30 goals ish.  Yeah sure, his play would leave more to be desired at times, but that was magnified by him having the C.  He never should have been C.  Not the character for it. 

So while he was never a "wow, look at him work out there" type player, he mostly put up goals.

Drouin however, makes Max look like the hardest working player ever to play hockey.  His is another level of lazy, entitled, prima donna play. 

And yeah, seriously.... what are some people here married to Price secretly?  Jesus.  It's ok to have an opinion about a hockey player.  Jesus. 

Price is good for sure.  He's terribly overpaid.... not his fault, it's our bad GM's fault.  When Price is on, he makes this team look like one of the better "average" teams in the league.  When he's human, we look like one of the worse "average" teams in the league....  So he does in fact do a lot.

Look at the shitty D he had in front of him all year.  He ddin't fare too poorly considering. 

But it's ok to be critical of Price.  In fact, I understand what O2T is saying.... it's just htat Price gts way more slack than anyone else on the team with his play.  That's true....  he feels the heat when he's bad, but everyone always wants Price to do well.  Everyone , journalists etc, are always rooting for him and even when criticising him, do so with respect.  With Max there was less tolerance for poor play and less respect offered by everyone - the organization included.

All good.  Max had to go. 

But, he's quickly dispelling the myth as a shitty playoff performer, now that he's actually on a team that is built to play in the post season, whom has good enough players to allow Max to be the player he excels at being.  Period.  In Montreal, we were never a legit playoff team.  Always too soft.  Never enough scoring... etc etc etc.... 

Good for Max.
Thanks given by:
Well said Mr. Pigeon...
Thanks given by:
(11 hours ago)northern1 Wrote: Well said Mr. Pigeon...

Yep, well said indeed.

We have to look at the CH like the Government.

They force feed us what they want us to hear / know / believe.
Thanks given by:
Really folks, the ignore button on this site works great. If you find some poster stalking you, just put that poster on your ignore list. You will not believe the difference in the clarity of the thread afterwards. Likewise if you can't tolerate someone's opinion, ignore away.
Thanks given by:
(11 hours ago)Habysmal Wrote:
(Yesterday, 02:08 PM)Leavethecoachalone Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:52 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:52 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Amazing. Absolutely amazing. You don't get all the hate for Pacioretty, so let's make it about how much you hate Price?

Spectacular form, LTCA.

Again double standards.

BO-ring.

B0-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

You guys are going to have to start not taking Price things so personally.  

Theres lots of boring repetitive future line casting you go about.  And i dont go troll all your fantasy talk.

So just stop taking talk about 'God' so friggin personally...and let any boring repetive talking venting or whateve occur without reprise.  Like your 50 posts dedicated to the future.  Your bound to get one close with all those prognostications.

I figured i would lead by example...you know not troll those threads or others that view things diffrently.

Things arent equal here are they?

I think if you look at Max and his tenure here, it's mostly favorable.

He NEVER had an elite C man to play with and consistently put up 30 goals ish.  Yeah sure, his play would leave more to be desired at times, but that was magnified by him having the C.  He never should have been C.  Not the character for it. 

So while he was never a "wow, look at him work out there" type player, he mostly put up goals.

Drouin however, makes Max look like the hardest working player ever to play hockey.  His is another level of lazy, entitled, prima donna play. 

And yeah, seriously.... what are some people here married to Price secretly?  Jesus.  It's ok to have an opinion about a hockey player.  Jesus. 

Price is good for sure.  He's terribly overpaid.... not his fault, it's our bad GM's fault.  When Price is on, he makes this team look like one of the better "average" teams in the league.  When he's human, we look like one of the worse "average" teams in the league....  So he does in fact do a lot.

Look at the shitty D he had in front of him all year.  He ddin't fare too poorly considering. 

But it's ok to be critical of Price.  In fact, I understand what O2T is saying.... it's just htat Price gts way more slack than anyone else on the team with his play.  That's true....  he feels the heat when he's bad, but everyone always wants Price to do well.  Everyone , journalists etc, are always rooting for him and even when criticising him, do so with respect.  With Max there was less tolerance for poor play and less respect offered by everyone - the organization included.

All good.  Max had to go. 

But, he's quickly dispelling the myth as a shitty playoff performer, now that he's actually on a team that is built to play in the post season, whom has good enough players to allow Max to be the player he excels at being.  Period.  In Montreal, we were never a legit playoff team.  Always too soft.  Never enough scoring... etc etc etc.... 

Good for Max.

100% disagree! Price has been called a loser 2 years into his Habs tenure and let me remind you of the Halak Vs Price argument. What more slack does he get? Yes, now that he has proven himself with a brilliant season and many good and consistent performances, he gets some slack which he earned.

Pacioretty did also get some slack by your definition. It's just that he floated around at the end. I agree he didn't have the support to show his potential and was put in a bad spot by the team. That is true.

But to say that Price got preferential treatment is missing some context. As proof of how no slack is given to price, go to any game day thread from the last 3 years and watch the constant Price bashing by some people. LTCA and someone else even blamed Price for Niemi's last horrible game. Yes, it's that level of "slack" that he gets from fans... LOL.

LTCA is a hypocrite. He takes any mild criticism of Therrien personally and when you call his BS he says "don't take Price bashing personally, man".

So no, there is no preferential treatment that isn't deserved in this case.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 02:30 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:
(Yesterday, 02:19 PM)ari Wrote:
(Yesterday, 02:02 PM)northern1 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:52 PM)We Scriptor Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:45 PM)Leavethecoachalone Wrote: People get on my ass about being reletive qith the guy i expect much more from...yet 2 years later Therrien grumblings can still be heard and Max bashing also.

Again double standards.

BO-ring.

B0-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

BO-ring.

Have to disagree Script... anyone that thinks Price doesn’t give a shit, or is the problem with the HABS, is an idiot. Maybe worse...

The contract, well, that can be discussed as bad, with merit. 

I do agree that the Max bashing is/was pathetic as well..... one player is hardly responsible for the failures of our favourite team....

I think LTCA meant if Price had a better numbers in first quarter which is true .If Price was at .925 the first quarter too ,we were in . But he didn't have Weber in front of him..At the same time when you make 10 mil the expectation is to keep it at .925.
The Max bashing is crazy..The 30 + goal scorer is very hard to get, but it is so easy to let go..

It's simple.  If management is planning to get rid of you, then the stories start to leak about how you want out anyway.  If management is planning to keep you, then you will get signed a year early, and stories will leak out about how wonderful you are with kids, etc.

I don't think there's much difference between Max and Carey as decent people, and effective players.  Both are classy individuals, and both are good at what they do on the ice.  Max has 10 points for Vegas these playoffs, and may end up with 20+ if they get to the next round.

So Max kind of floated by the end, with Rads gone, and his departure imminent.  Carey also was tired and struggled while Weber was injured...

Stuff happens.  These guys are doing their best, and they are only human, affected by their environment just like you and me.  The money doesn't matter.
The money doesn't matter? I'd say yes that is true once that contract is signed. 

NHL hockey lives by taking from fans willing to give. Now fans aren't as stupid as voters, if you had to pay to vote most wouldn't. But fans like players or they won't pay. So you make the players your product. Once you have done that you have to unmake the player a fan favorite before moving him out. 

The Pacioretty saga in Montreal filled volumes. The Price saga fills volumes. None of that should be. Richard, Lafleur, Brisbois, Nilan, Brashear, Roy, Turgeon, Carbonneau, Halak, Theodore, Subban...this organization is a soap opera. Now it could be that it is just a fluke, or that 30 other teams aren't as forthcoming, or it could be simply that this is what the market likes. Maybe it is what makes the difference between 17500 a game and 21,302.
Thanks given by:
GO MAX GO ......
Martin MF'ing Jones.

Wow.

Kinda sorta makes up for his dogshyt effort so far in the series.
Thanks given by:
Best Easter ever!

Well thats an exageration.

But Leafs and Vegas lose.

Pair of game 7 Tuesdays. Hope the home teams win both!

Thanks given by:
(4 hours ago)Leavethecoachalone Wrote: Best Easter ever!

Pair of game 7 Tuesdays.  Hope the home teams win both!

Just glad either TOR or BOS will be tuckered out after 7 intense games, whomever wins the series. Hopefully, that's enough for that team to get ousted in the next series.

Both getting eliminated is a good playoffs for me.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)Scriptor Wrote:

Just glad either TOR or BOS will be tuckered out after 7 intense games, whomever wins the series. Hopefully, that's enough for that team to get ousted in the next series.

Im with you. Just hope its not the Leafs. I want their streak of not making it to the second round since the early 2000s when they only managed to beat Ottawa multiple times. And lost to Jersey and Philly every time.

Either way hopefully Columbus to the conference finals. Id be happy with Washington or Islanders being there also.

See that tonight Couture with his 38th playoff goal. Pretty clutch guy...i had no idea. I mean Ovechkin just scored his 62nd or 63rd.

I dont know who the active highest playoff goal scorers are in the league. But hes got to be the top 10.

Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)Leavethecoachalone Wrote:

Im with you.  Just hope its not the Leafs.  I want their streak of not making it to the second round since the early 2000s when they only managed to beat Ottawa multiple times.  And lost to Jersey and Philly every time.  

Either way hopefully Columbus to the conference finals.  Id be happy with Washington or Islanders being there also.

See that tonight Couture with his 38th playoff goal.  Pretty clutch guy...i had no idea.  I mean Ovechkin just scored his 62nd or 63rd.

I dont know who the active highest playoff goal scorers are in the league.  But hes got to be the top 10.

Active leaders
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)RightNyder Wrote:
(3 hours ago)Leavethecoachalone Wrote:

Im with you.  Just hope its not the Leafs.  I want their streak of not making it to the second round since the early 2000s when they only managed to beat Ottawa multiple times.  And lost to Jersey and Philly every time.  

Either way hopefully Columbus to the conference finals.  Id be happy with Washington or Islanders being there also.

See that tonight Couture with his 38th playoff goal.  Pretty clutch guy...i had no idea.  I mean Ovechkin just scored his 62nd or 63rd.

I dont know who the active highest playoff goal scorers are in the league.  But hes got to be the top 10.

Active leaders
Good share. Just in the top 10. Never would of put Marleau at number 1 either.

Interesting...until you realized there are no Habs in the top 50. Didnt want to go swimming to find out where the top Habby was.

Thanks given by: