Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Wilson... Again.
So Reaves stalked this player all night, concussed him with an illegal late hit, bragged about it with some bizarre bullshit about being a Lion in the Jungle (Lions don't actually live in jungles, genius), and now he's signing autographs of the injured player?  

How is this guy not getting suspended?

Tom Wilson would be out of the league for these actions.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 01:43 PM)Fritz Wrote: So Reaves stalked this player all night, concussed him with an illegal late hit, bragged about it with some bizarre bullshit about being a Lion in the Jungle (Lions don't actually live in jungles, genius), and now he's signing autographs of the injured player?  

I'm no fan of Tom Wilson. There is a reason that Reeves had those photos destroyed because the Knights basically told him that it was a stupid move to do that in the first place.

Forget that it was Tom Wilson, imagine if it was any player. What kind of a moron do you have to be to sign autographs of a pic that has a player hurt on the ice and then sell them with a slogan?
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 01:43 PM)Fritz Wrote: So Reaves stalked this player all night, concussed him with an illegal late hit, bragged about it with some bizarre bullshit about being a Lion in the Jungle (Lions don't actually live in jungles, genius), and now he's signing autographs of the injured player?  

To be fair, King of the Jungle is a very common nickname for Lions.
Thanks given by:

NHL said it wasn't late.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 01:51 PM)topgun Wrote:

I'm no fan of Tom Wilson. There is a reason that Reeves had those photos destroyed because the Knights basically told him that it was a stupid move to do that in the first place.

Forget that it was Tom Wilson, imagine if it was any player. What kind of a moron do you have to be to sign autographs of a pic that has a player hurt on the ice and then sell them with a slogan?

"I think it was Reaves' targeted Wilson to give him a taste of his medicine. Reaves has not really targeted any other player this way.

I'm so glad Reaved nailed him and am even happier Wilson is injured. I was hoping for a concussion...just hope it is one of those ones that have re-occurring symptoms to disrupt normalcy in his day-to-day life.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 02:58 PM)MisterZ Wrote:

"I think it was Reaves' targeted Wilson to give him a taste of his medicine. Reaves has not really targeted any other player this way.

I'm so glad Reaved nailed him and am even happier Wilson is injured. I was hoping for a concussion...just hope it is one of those ones that have re-occurring symptoms to disrupt normalcy in his day-to-day life.

Really? You wish that on people?

What if Reeves did that to Matthews?
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 03:01 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2018-12-07, 02:58 PM)MisterZ Wrote:

Really? You wish that on people?

What if Reeves did that to Matthews?

Not people. Just dirtbags that make it part of their game to legitimately hurt others and cost them their careers or daily living. Wilson is that type of dirtbag.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 12:39 AM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2018-12-05, 12:00 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2018-12-05, 11:48 AM)Pouzar Wrote: How do you hate Ryan Reaves?  He's awesome.  This clip from HNIC was awesome:

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-reaves-giv...-302524596

He's a Winnipegger, and I've had a few encounters with him and his family... I'm not a fan, the guy is a punk.

In front of the camera's he's all fun and likable... behind it... not so much.

I think he is a cheap shot artist, and his hit on Edler was one of them.. Feel free to disagree, but that's how I saw it

I have no argument for the first bit (I mean, I've gone and called him a punk), I agree, he's a cheap shot artist. I just see the Edler "hit" as more as clumsy than I do intentional.
Thanks given by:
Reeves on Edler. No interference penalty or holding the stick on Biega near by. This was less than a week ago by Reeves.

Thanks given by:
I wouldn’t expect a penalty on that.

If anyone would have been given a penalty, it would have been Edler. He got in Reeves’ lane.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 03:35 PM)topgun Wrote: Reeves on Edler. No interference penalty or holding the stick on Biega near by. This was less than a week ago by Reeves.

Watch the whole video, not just a gif. In real speed, it looks a lot more accidental than that. A give is akin to what the White House put out to justify Acosta's barring.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 03:35 PM)topgun Wrote: Reeves on Edler. No interference penalty or holding the stick on Biega near by. This was less than a week ago by Reeves.

I don't think there's anything wrong there...Edler backed up right in to Reaves' lane. That was incidental contact. Tough break for Edler there. Nothin malicious there, imo.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 03:43 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I wouldn’t expect a penalty on that.

If anyone would have been given a penalty, it would have been Edler. He got in Reeves’ lane.

Agreed. This was clearly a hip-check gone wrong. Serves him right - Reaves didn't have the puck.

The important thing to remember in this Tom Wilson thread, is that the knuck are the true victims here.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I don't really see a lot wrong with the Edler hit, it was more of a collision than anything.  Edler was just unfortunate to run into the Lion King.
Thanks given by:
dirty clean, I don't much give a crap, its good to see some big hits.

they all know the risks of playing then when done will play the victim card that they didn't, I say let them damn near kill each other for my enjoyment.
"when the lights come on this whole place gets ugly"
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-06, 10:33 PM)topgun Wrote: Apparently the Knights got to Reeves.

I guess this removes any doubt about Reeves being a dickbag punk...
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: FormalWare