Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 least favourite players
(2018-12-31, 07:50 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-12-31, 07:39 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: 1. Darcy Tucker: The guy was such a prick on the ice. He would stick guys, slash them, mouth off from the bench... granted, he could back it up and would, but he was such a dink, I couldn't help but hope somebody would kick his ass. And, it did happen a few times and it was fun to watch.

Ya, not so sure about that. I saw Tucker the fker turn down plenty of offers to 'dance' from guys who he knew would tune him up over the years. He had no problems jumping the smaller non-fighter types on a semi-regular basis though...

Haha, he would once and awhile take on a real guy but not exactly the whose who of opponents.

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/FightCard.aspx?P=4582
Thanks given by:
1. Todd Bertuzzi: I know of two people that met him in his prime and they told me that he was a real asshole;

2. Sean Avery: Just a complete ass clown;

3. Claude Lemieux: A cheap shot artist, and worse yet he did not seem to care.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
(2018-12-31, 08:26 PM)Widowmaker Wrote: 1. Todd Bertuzzi: I know of two people that met him in his prime and they told me that he was a real asshole;

2. Sean Avery: Just a complete ass clown;

3. Claude Lemieux: A cheap shot artist, and worse yet he did not seem to care.

I've heard the same re: #1 from a few people. He seems like a cool guy in interviews.

Then again, so did Ray Ferarro. And I know he's a dink.
Thanks given by:
Alfredson. No idea how this guy gets referred to as classy by anyone.

Bertuzzi. Speaks for itself. Embarrassed the game.

Brett Hull. Great goal scorer but always came off as an ass on and off the ice.
Thanks given by:
How about ankle-breaker Bobby Clarke? How could anyone but a Philly homer like him?
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by: Leb7
(2018-12-31, 07:39 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: 1. Darcy Tucker: The guy was such a prick on the ice. He would stick guys, slash them, mouth off from the bench... granted, he could back it up and would, but he was such a dink, I couldn't help but hope somebody would kick his ass. And, it did happen a few times and it was fun to watch.

Ya, not so sure about that. I saw Tucker the fker turn down plenty of offers to 'dance' from guys who he knew would tune him up over the years. He had no problems jumping the smaller non-fighter types on a semi-regular basis though...

On the clip where Kovalev lays him out, watch how many times Tucker is being a total douche beforehand.  It is still one of my favourite hockey moments.
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon , Gerry Pigeon
(2018-12-31, 07:59 PM)tm123 Wrote:

Haha, he would once and awhile take on a real guy but not exactly the whose who of opponents.

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/FightCard.aspx?P=4582

That site also shows that he fought bigger guys almost every single time.
Thanks given by:
Nail Yakupov

Magnus Paajarvi

Soon to be...

Jesse Puljujarvi if he does not live up to expectations...
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-31, 06:36 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-12-31, 06:29 PM)Wilson Green Wrote: Claude "The Wad" Lemieux
Lyle "The Horsefaced Prick" Odelein
Patrick "Fridge" Roy

Awww man!....I can see Lemieux for sure, and Patrick Roy was (and is still) a prick, but Lyle Odelein??? He was a horse, not a horseface.

What, did he pound the piss out of a few uppity Leaf players over the years?   Wink

Icon_razz Icon_razz Icon_razz
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2018-12-31, 07:59 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:

Yes, he was a spot-picker, but, technically, all he was doing was staying within his weight class.

He, Bieksa, Avery, Pronger, Eager etc... were massive bullies who tended to only fight when they knew they could win.

He was a pest for sure no doubt but he also was a goal scorer and counted on offensively so its not like he was a pure goon either he had to stay playing.

I didnt see him turn many fights down. Fought Rob Ray a boatload of times, Cam Janssen, Dan Lacroix, Souray and Cairns who are all big boys. 

He wasnt an enforcer though and a lot of the big tilts went to Domi.
Thanks given by:
Avery, Marchand, Ulf Samuelson
Thanks given by:
Surprised nobody mentioned Marchment?
Thanks given by:
1. Kessler
2. Marchand
3. Avery
GREAT TRADE - LAMORIELLO FOR TAVARES 
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-02, 03:00 AM)teamblue Wrote: Surprised nobody mentioned Marchment?

I actually loved Marchment and always hoped he would be in Vancouver some day. Look at most of his hits. Save for the knees (mainly from guys ducking his hits), he was a clean hitter. His only issue was that he was fearless and didn't care about retribution.

Moreover, he would fight anybody, and he could beat just about anybody in a fight if you made a mistake.

He was simply a tough as nails old school brutal hockey player. And he brought some great entertainment along with it.
Thanks given by: teamblue , Isaia
(2019-01-03, 07:20 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:

I actually loved Marchment and always hoped he would be in Vancouver some day. Look at most of his hits. Save for the knees (mainly from guys ducking his hits), he was a clean hitter. His only issue was that he was fearless and didn't care about retribution.

Moreover, he would fight anybody, and he could beat just about anybody in a fight if you made a mistake.

He was simply a tough as nails old school brutal hockey player. And he brought some great entertainment along with it.
Oh yeah, I loved Marchment

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Canucksfansince1989 , teamblue , Isaia

I agree. But, many didn’t like him. I was happy when he became an Oiler. I’m just surprised nobody mentioned him is all lol
(2019-01-03, 08:59 PM)teamblue Wrote:

I agree. But, many didn’t like him. I was happy when he became an Oiler. I’m just surprised nobody mentioned him is all lol

The only thing to hate about Marchment was that he literally didn't give a shit about what anybody thought. And that may be 100% positive to some, but it has drawbacks. On more than one occasion, he faked an injury to get a 5-minute PP for his team. He did this more than once against the Canucks and that means he must've done this more than a dozen times.

However, he was not a guy you could ever take lightly on the ice. See what happened to Mike Gartner when he thought he could mess with him:

Thanks given by: teamblue
Marchment as an Oiler was one of my favorite players.  I remember he hit Mike Gartner so hard with a clean, open-ice hit, that is collapsed Gartner's lung.  Mike had to take a train back to Toronto because his lung was in such bad shape he couldn't fly.

As a Shark, I was not as big of a fan.  Doug Weight took about 700 minutes in penalties one night when he tried to kill Marchment for a knee on knee attempt.

13 suspension in 12 years for Marchement, he's definitely my kind of player  Laugh.
(2019-01-03, 11:42 PM)Fritz Wrote: Marchment as an Oiler was one of my favorite players.  I remember he hit Mike Gartner so hard with a clean, open-ice hit, that is collapsed Gartner's lung.  Mike had to take a train back to Toronto because his lung was in such bad shape he couldn't fly.

As a Shark, I was not as big of a fan.  Doug Weight took about 700 minutes in penalties one night when he tried to kill Marchment for a knee on knee attempt.

13 suspension in 12 years for Marchement, he's definitely my kind of player  Laugh.

Marchment and Jarko Ruutu were similar players. Only difference was weight class (Marchment was a heavyweight, while Ruutu was a middleweight). Most players, no matter how badly they would be outclassed in a fight with them, assumed they could do anything with them because they were shitdisturbers. But every now and then, they would regret that decision. Weight was lucky that he was a star player at the time. I remember Martin Gelinas dropping the gloves with Ruutu at one time (and I love Gelinas, one of my all-time faves), and Gelinas was lucky that Ruutu was at the end of his shift or he would've been hurt badly in that fight.

Both shit-disturbers and both very entertaining players.
Thanks given by:
Some shit disturbers that were actually fun to watch were guys like Essa Tikkanen and Jarkko Ruutu. They were just guys doing a job.

Then there are the real assholes like Marchand and Avery who top my list.
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."     Oscar Wilde
Thanks given by: