Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Deadline Leadup
Surprised Green wasn't dealt.

Thanks given by:
(2018-02-27, 01:08 AM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Surprised Green wasn't dealt.

I think Detroit effed that up, why keep an impending UFA when it doesn't look like you'll be making the playoffs?
Thanks given by:
Vegas reportedly offered Shea Theodore & 3 first rounders to Ottawa for Karlsson AND Ryan!  Per Elliotte Freidman.

Dorion will likely regret not pulling the trigger on that.  I see Vegas falling back to earth next season so some of these picks could be pretty high.

Plus Eugene would be able square up the teams Uber account with all the $ saved
Thanks given by: ZappaScores
(2018-02-27, 01:20 AM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2018-02-27, 01:08 AM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Surprised Green wasn't dealt.

I think Detroit effed that up, why keep an impending UFA when it doesn't look like you'll be making the playoffs?

Green had s NTC maybe he didnt want to go, or maybe he would only accept a trade to certain teams
Thanks given by:
Green had waived for like two teams - I think I saw that he was willing to go to TBL and WSH.

Not sure if there were other teams but it sounds like it was a pretty limited waive.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-27, 09:27 AM)CTS Wrote: Vegas reportedly offered Shea Theodore & 3 first rounders to Ottawa for Karlsson AND Ryan!  Per Elliotte Freidman.

Dorion will likely regret not pulling the trigger on that.  I see Vegas falling back to earth next season so some of these picks could be pretty high.

If it was Cody Glass instead of Theodore I'd like to say Dorion would've considered it. Even if Ottawa retained a bit of Ryan's contract
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-27, 09:27 AM)CTS Wrote: Vegas reportedly offered Shea Theodore & 3 first rounders to Ottawa for Karlsson AND Ryan!  Per Elliotte Freidman.

He's not getting better then that as the clock ticks to and through EK's final year. It will get worse. No sane GM is giving up more then that without extension assurances for one year. The addition of having EK for potentially two playoffs post deadline is what would have triggered GM's to even consider giving up that much on top of taking on Ryan's contract.

Thanks given by:
I still can't imagine a team willing to give full value for Karlsson without any assurances he will be there for longer than one year.

There is now talk of re-visiting moving him at the draft but the same issue arises, until July 1, when a new contract can be made official, the acquiring team is taking huge risk.

OTT should not take less than full value in return, however, the acquiring team should not pay full value until they have solid assurances on a long term commitment.
Thanks given by:
I'm a bit surprised that Vegas was offering (rumoured) what they did. Can they really afford to be giving up 1st rounders when their farm needs to be established? Its one thing to trade a player for another lengthy contract, but giving up multiple 1st rounders can be costly.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:

Plus Eugene would be able square  up the teams Uber account with all the $ saved

That probably won't apply if they get Karlsson. More likely the picks are in the 20's, certainly this year's will be and that means it's a crap shoot if they get a blue chipper. Not a good deal from the Sens point of view.
Thanks given by:
Maybe Karlsson told Dorion he wants to stay?   What other reason could there be for turning down that rumored Vegas package?

That's a fireable offense

I wonder if Eugene deducted the $300 Uber fare from Karlsson's cheque?
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-27, 12:28 PM)bicboi Wrote: I'm a bit surprised that Vegas was offering (rumoured) what they did. Can they really afford to be giving up 1st rounders when their farm needs to be established? Its one thing to trade a player for another lengthy contract, but giving up multiple 1st rounders can be costly.

Plenty of ways to fill an AHL team

UFA
Collage kids
Thanks given by: