Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Thread
Canucks traded for a goaltender today. Marek Mazanek of the Rangers in exchange for 2020 7th round pick.

Mazanek will be their backup until Demko gets back.

Thanks given by:
Then what?     Is he waiver exempt?
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 02:41 PM)shoes Wrote: Then what?     Is he waiver exempt?

Yes, they'll be able to send him to Utica without a waiver requirement as long as he doesn't dress for 10 games or is up for longer than 30 days. Which ever is shorter.
Thanks given by:
and when he gets injured during the pre game warmup, what then?
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:26 PM)Highstyx Wrote: and when he gets injured during the pre game warmup, what then?

Get the pads out Styxy... you might be next up!! 

I would, but the last time I "padded up", I skated out to the middle of the ice after we scored... tripped and fell on my head... 20 beers at Four Rinks at 2am isn't a good combo for a 1st time winger playin in between the pipes!!!

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 02:11 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Canucks traded for a goaltender today. Marek Mazanek of the Rangers in exchange for 2020 7th round pick.

Not a bad deal, they were lucky to get someone that cheap.

Benning is getting chewed up pretty good from the same old same old media crew. Frankly i didn't have a problem with him gambling that Marky wouldn't get injured, but he did.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 07:41 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 02:11 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Canucks traded for a goaltender today. Marek Mazanek of the Rangers in exchange for 2020 7th round pick.

Not a bad deal, they were lucky to get someone that cheap.

Benning is getting chewed up pretty good from the same old same old media crew. Frankly i didn't have a problem with him gambling that Marky wouldn't get injured, but he did.

The hypocrisy of the media today is insane. Yesterday they were all pumped to see DiPietro because quite a few of them were calling for him to make a start as soon as he got called up and today they're taking the opposite stance.

Yesterday the defense was crap in front of MD and the forwards didn't help much either.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 03:16 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 02:41 PM)shoes Wrote: Then what?     Is he waiver exempt?

Yes, they'll be able to send him to Utica without a waiver requirement as long as he doesn't dress for 10 games or is up for longer than 30 days. Which ever is shorter.

I don't think that's true unless he's already recently cleared waivers.

He isn't waivers exempt so he has to clear waivers in order to be sent to the AHL.

If he clears waivers, he can stay with the big team and be sent to the AHL without having to re-clear within 30 days if he hasn't played 10 games.

If he hasn't cleared recently then he will have to.

Edit: I just saw that he already cleared waivers earlier this year but he's been on an NHL roster for 10 games since then so he's got 20 roster days left before needing to reclear.
Thanks given by: