Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade for a LHD?
I still think that PHI, with all the LHDs that they have, are the best trade partner for MON.

What would it cost to acquire Gotisbehere or Sanheim? I'd take Provorov as well, but I wouldn't offer as much as I would for the other two.

Lehkonen and Juulsen for Gotisbehere? It provides two young role players for PHI, including a much needed RHD, in exchange for one of their many LHDs...

Too little? Too much? Nowhere close? Would that net us Provorov?

What do you think it would take to pry the Ghost from PHI?
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 05:08 PM)Scriptor Wrote: I still think that PHI, with all the LHDs that they have, are the best trade partner for MON.

What would it cost to acquire Gotisbehere or Sanheim? I'd take Provorov as well, but I wouldn't offer as much as I would for the other two.

Lehkonen and Juulsen for Gotisbehere? It provides two young role players for PHI, including a much needed RHD, in exchange for one of their many LHDs...

Too little? Too much? Nowhere close? Would that net us Provorov?

What do you think it would take to pry the Ghost from PHI?

I don't think Philadelphia is trading any of those 3. You might have to throw in a second round pick to your proposal in order to get Gotisbehere.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn’t touch Lehkonen yet. Not because of his importance in the lineup but because of the impact his presence can have on KK.
I am never good at trade ideas because I always find good reasons to keep our players  Grin
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 05:46 PM)Leb7 Wrote: I wouldn’t touch Lehkonen yet. Not because of his importance in the lineup but because of the impact his presence can have on KK.
I am never good at trade ideas because I always find good reasons to keep our players  Grin

Good comment on Leks. Extend that to the AHL guys by not picking up pods at trade deadline. Nothing better than a diamond in the rough from the whl guys.
Thanks given by:
"Extend that to the AHL guys by not picking up pods at trade deadline. Nothing better than a diamond in the rough from the whl guys"

I know that I'm a little slow at times but what does that mean. .
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 05:57 PM)bchippie Wrote: "Extend that to the AHL guys by not picking up pods at trade deadline. Nothing better than a diamond in the rough from the whl guys"

That makes 2 of us

Didnt understand ur post lol
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 05:57 PM)bchippie Wrote: "Extend that to the AHL guys by not picking up pods at trade deadline. Nothing better than a diamond in the rough from the whl guys"

I think this means “give our young guys like Juulsen a shot”, although not sure he is left handed. Who do we have in the system that is left handed?
Thanks given by:
The LD that we often dream about getting are typically not the guys those teams r willing to trade. Like a top C, teams dont give away top Dmen either.

So we either need to find a rebuilding Team wanting to go younger/or with a player who has 1 yr left (like Muzzin trade but then they want lots of futures)

Or a young kid that has potential and the team is tired of waiting for. (Gamble like Chuck/Domi trade but 2 dmen. Who do we have to give up on? Drouin?)

Or a team really deep on D and is lacking top level frwd talent (ie Seth Jones trade again for who? Drouin?)

I am not over confident that we can land one this summer. Not one for our top pairing.
Thanks given by:
If you're on the win-now philosophy where Weber stays then of course you do Lehkonen and Juulsen for Gotisbehere...I don't think they would personally (unless they really love Juulsen) but of course you make this deal.
1) SB's contract is excellent.
2) SB is a legit PP QB
3) SB will help Weber who is a key component of this team.

Lehks is expendable; especially if they sign Armia. Habs have plenty of two-way forward types that can pop 15-20 goals. B-bye...
Thanks given by: labradorcongo
(2019-04-15, 06:06 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

I think this means “give our young guys like Juulsen a shot”, although not sure he is left handed. Who do we have in the system that is left handed?

Isnt that the prob.we only have Romanov, who wont be coming in this summer. Brook, Juulsen, Fluery....I think they r all RD? Hopefully I am incorrect
Thanks given by: Leb7
The asking price for a back-up goalie was Kotkaniemi .....
Thanks given by:
Puds not pods. He means keep our prospects and not trade for puds at the deadline.
Thanks given by:
Oh and the guy I am wondering if they can get is Nurse out of Edmonton. Maybe he will be too expensive for them? I suspect they are looking to make some moves this summer (definitely RNH going).
Thanks given by:
Edmonton has a wealth of leftie d-men, both at the NHL level and at the prospect level (3 prospects that could make the jump to the NHL next year and then another that will be turning pro from Guelph who was one of the best players for Russia at the WJC this past season and one of the best D-men in the CHL during the second half of the year).

Klefbom
Nurse
Sekera
Russell

Jones (NHL ready)
Lagesson (NHL ready)

Samorukov (potential stud about to turn pro)

What's your offer?

Oilers could use top 6 wingers.
Thanks given by:
Also don't forget next summer there is an expansion draft so teams maybe looking to set themselves up early instead of trying to deal players they can't protect just before.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 06:29 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Oh and the guy I am wondering if they can get is Nurse out of Edmonton. Maybe he will be too expensive for them? I suspect they are looking to make some moves this summer (definitely RNH going).

It would take a substantial return to get Nurse.

Drafted and developed properly. Has got better year over year and is just about to hit the beginning of his prime. Hit 41 points this year. A sublime and tireless skater who is physical and mean. He has his warts moving the puck by pass and can get running around in the defensive zone but he's still developing. A sublime transitionor of the puck by skating (not passing).

$3.2M for one more year - a huge value contract. An RFA after but will need to get paid.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 06:30 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Edmonton has a wealth of leftie d-men, both at the NHL level and at the prospect level (3 prospects that could make the jump to the NHL next year and then another that will be turning pro from Guelph who was one of the best players for Russia at the WJC this past season and one of the best D-men in the CHL during the second half of the year).

Klefbom
Nurse
Sekera
Russell

Jones (NHL ready)
Lagesson (NHL ready)

What's your offer?

Obviously Drouin would be involved because he is one of the few players in the league who could skate with McD but more would have to come back than just a LDman in that deal.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn’t the return (i.e. more than the dman) be contingent on the level of dman?

I mean, if it’s Russell, then, yes, more would be needed but, if it’s Nurse, then more the Drouin would be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 07:14 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Wouldn’t the return (i.e. more than the dman) be contingent on the level of dman?

I mean, if it’s Russell, then, yes, more would be needed but, if it’s Nurse, then more the Drouin would be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess we have a different opinion on Drouin's value. He would put up 80pts easily playing with McDavid and he's signed 4 more years at a very reasonable 5.5 price for a 1st line winger. He is a perfect fit IMO for Edm's most important player. Like I said, there are very few players in the league who can skate with Connor and he's one of them and still only 24 years old. Drouin is not a fit in Mtl...never was.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 06:33 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 06:30 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Edmonton has a wealth of leftie d-men, both at the NHL level and at the prospect level (3 prospects that could make the jump to the NHL next year and then another that will be turning pro from Guelph who was one of the best players for Russia at the WJC this past season and one of the best D-men in the CHL during the second half of the year).

Klefbom
Nurse
Sekera
Russell

Jones (NHL ready)
Lagesson (NHL ready)

What's your offer?

Obviously Drouin would be involved because he is one of the few players in the league who could skate with McD but more would have to come back than just a LDman in that deal.

You mean more would need to go towards the Oilers in that deal.

Honestly, it would probably make a lot of sense.  Drouin to the Oilers for a LHD.  The worst is Drouin is a 60 point winger playing with McDavid and obviously could possibly turn into a PPG player quite easily.

I don't know what the Oiler cap situation really is but Nurse will need a big raise, Drouin is set for 4 more years at $5.5M.  The Oilers can fil the LHD from within without much problem.

Seems like a logical trade scenario and with this one i'm not sure if either side would need to do anything extra other than 1 for 1.  Although i'm sure both fan bases would argue a reason why.
Thanks given by: