Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade options?
Last year the Jets came out of no where and snagged Stastny, an amazing addition to a pretty stacked team. My thought is to fill a hole on a team who is right there as a cup fave. I'd say "your team", but with Ottawa and Chicago doing so "well", there was no point for me to say that... sadly.

I'll go with my 3rd team, mostly due to the fact I'm a local.

For Winnipeg, the idea being to bolster their center position, they're pretty stacked down the wings and on the back end. So my focus is on high level C's that are going to be UFAs next year. 

Out of LA - Nate Thompson
Out of Ottawa, Duchene and Stone come to mind. I'd like to see Ottawa figure that mess out and these guys re-sign, but who knows. 
Out of NYR - Hayes (though, I'd expect them to get a deal done)
Out of San Jose - Pavelski or Thornton? These would be one of those "What the..." moments. And not a deal I'd expect to see with the Sharks in their current position. Both can say no
Out of Minny - Eric Staal - this would be another "what the..." situation. I can't see Mnny resigning themselves without a further fall off in form. He can also nix it if he wants to
Out of Chicago - Kruger is the only one affordable, and possible. Though, he may have Winnipeg on his 7 no go teams
Out of Phoenix - Panik. I know not a C, but he's a solid winger and would give the jets the out for Petan if he goes the other way. As much as I love Petan, he's not going to get a sniff at the bigs with the guys in front of him, and Panik is a good fit for this team
Out of Philly - Simmonds - Again, this isn't a C, but an opportunity to bolster the right side, and give Petan some room to move. I doubt he's available come trade day, but this would be one of those out of left field moves.
Out of Montreal - Peca - This one is interesting because he's got more than a year left, but at $1.3, he's slightly longer term affordable
Off the Island - Eberle, Nelson, Lee - Though I doubt any of them are available even as UFAs. Team has a lot of cap space, and is doing well in the standings. Getting any one of these three for the playoff push would be an amazing pickup.
Out of New Jersey - Mouth waters at the prospect of massive deal including Hall going to Winnipeg, I don't even know what they'd have to give up, or what the Devils would want in exchange. Could you imagine the speed of a Ehlers, Hall duo? I mean, that'd almost be as fast as a Wheeler Ehlers duo! lol  It'd be a game of duck duck goose
"Laine, Scheif, and Ehlers!" "Hall, Ehlers, Wheels", "Laine, Hall, Wheels"... I don't see it happening. The only real possible option is Johansson.

What holes do you see in other teams and is there a realistic thought of trading to fill it?
Thanks given by:
Jets need a left D more than they need a centre. Ben Chariot and Joe Morrow won't do, IMO.
Thanks given by:
Based on what i saw last night in Vancouver, not many holes in the Jets lineup. 

Pending UFA Alex Edler is a Left-Shot defenceman that might be an option if:
- The Canucks are not challenging for a playoff spot at the deadline.
- The Canucks have no plans to re-sign him.
- Edler waives his No Trade to go to Winnipeg.

Lots of ifs.  Jets maybe not looking for a rental player either.
Where I live, it's always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close.

Thanks given by:
(2018-12-23, 08:11 PM)peg_city Wrote: Jets need a left D more than they need a centre. Ben Chariot and Joe Morrow won't do, IMO.

What are your thoughts re Gardiner for Myers or Trouba?

Addresses the needs of both teams.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-25, 03:17 AM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2018-12-23, 08:11 PM)peg_city Wrote: Jets need a left D more than they need a centre. Ben Chariot and Joe Morrow won't do, IMO.

Myers maybe.
But Trouba is worth a lot more than Gardiner.

It would have to be something like Gardiner + 1st + Prospect, I would think.

And I wouldn't trade for Trouba, he wants to play in the US.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:

What need is Gardiner addressing? I don’t see the Jets going for either of those trades.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-26, 05:23 PM)ZappaScores Wrote:

What need is Gardiner addressing? I don’t see the Jets going for either of those trades.

Left side top 4 pick moving D-man. 

Pair Gardiner with trouba/myers/buff
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-26, 04:26 PM)Chip Wrote:

Myers maybe.
But Trouba is worth a lot more than Gardiner.

It would have to be something like Gardiner + 1st + Prospect, I would think.

And I wouldn't trade for Trouba, he wants to play in the US.

That's a horrendous trade offer.
Thanks given by: Justaleafan , Justaleafan , Nuclearsun
Edler and Staal would be good targets.

Thanks given by:
(2018-12-27, 12:35 AM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Edler and Staal would be good targets.

Edler is a beast. The guy is amazing and extremely underrated. Tanev is just the same. The crazy thing is that the Canucks have a HUGE (note not a HUGHES) drop off after that on the back end excluding Ben Hutton. 

If teams could get him to waive his NTC they would have a great player on their hands.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-23, 09:25 PM)C_Squared Wrote: Based on what i saw last night in Vancouver, not many holes in the Jets lineup. 

Pending UFA Alex Edler is a Left-Shot defenceman that might be an option if:
- The Canucks are not challenging for a playoff spot at the deadline.
- The Canucks have no plans to re-sign him.
- Edler waives his No Trade to go to Winnipeg.

Lots of ifs.  Jets maybe not looking for a rental player either.

We trade him for Dustin B Icon_eek  Edler is playing great, so it would be insane not to re-sign him for 3 more years.. but don't break the bank
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by: