Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade rumours
(2018-06-29, 07:29 PM)OilWings Wrote: If Tavares signs with TB then does anyone want to try to trade for Kucherov if he becomes available?  A perfect winger for Connor or Drai.
Tampa wouldn't be in as bad of a cap crunch as most yeams because they don't have to outbid other teams.

Tampa & Dallas have a BIG advantage over Toronto & San Jose in that there's no state income tax.   Tampa can actually offer less $ but Tavares would still get more $ after taxes than he would in Cali & Ontario.

If I'm Tavares,   I'm picking Tampa because of that & because they're the best team & he'll have a chance to win every year
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-29, 07:29 PM)OilWings Wrote: If Tavares signs with TB then does anyone want to try to trade for Kucherov if he becomes available?  A perfect winger for Connor or Drai.

Can't imagine he becomes available and, if he does, lets play this out - its going to a cost a massive haul to acquire him, Bouchard, Yamamoto, Nurse, Puljijarvi - then, we have to pay him $11M X8.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-29, 07:18 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 06:43 PM)CTS Wrote: Joe Haggerty,   Bruins insider reporting that Slater Koekkoek to Oilers a possibility

That makes no sense because Koekkoek is a LH D man who hasn't played more than 35 games in a season

Haggerty has been making some obscure Oiler related reports lately.

Great name though!
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-29, 07:51 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

Can't imagine he becomes available and, if he does, lets play this out - its going to a cost a massive haul to acquire him, Bouchard, Yamamoto, Nurse, Puljijarvi - then, we have to pay him $11M X8.
That much for 1 yr of service?

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-29, 08:09 PM)OilWings Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 07:51 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

That much for 1 yr of service?

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation

Exactly - they aren't going to trade him except for a massive haul and the acquiring team takes that risk.

He might be the best value contract in the league for next season - they are contenders, they aren't going to trade their elite scorer, while being one of the league's best values, right in their window.
Thanks given by:
If anyone EVER traded Bouchard, Yamamoto, Nurse, & Jesse for Kooch, then they should be taken out behind the barn & immediately be put down...

BTW... EVERYONE in the league, & on EVERY broadcast in the States & Canada knows (& says) who the Bread Man is...

Is Cujo a random nickname..?

Either or, the Oilers are looking for bottom 6 forwards, as they should be, & they should be going young, not old players who are afraid to go into a corner to make a play.

There are more than a few good options out there, & the POHO should kick the tires on every single 1 of them over the next few weeks.

#SpeedKills
x6
Thanks given by:
I can not believe you actually made me Google 'Breadman'

Anyways, I'm not gonna share it now either out of spite
Thanks given by: T.V.
(2018-06-29, 09:14 PM)T.V. Wrote: If anyone EVER traded Bouchard, Yamamoto, Nurse, & Jesse for Kooch, then they should be taken out behind the barn & immediately be put down...

BTW... EVERYONE in the league, & on EVERY broadcast in the States & Canada knows (& says) who the Bread Man is...

Either or, the Oilers are looking for bottom 6 forwards, as they should be, & they should be going young, not old players who are afraid to go into a corner to make a play.

There are more than a few good options out there, & the POHO should kick the tires on every single 1 of them over the next few weeks.

#SpeedKills

1) Noone suggested they should trade those players for Kucherov

2) What does knowing a nickname have to do with an anlysis of Lucic - which was the topic where he was brought up.

I am looking for Brodziak and DeMelo. I'd love someone younger that Brodziak but he can still play the 4C and PK role. He also had 1 point less than each of Lucic and Strome last season. He can help with tertiary scoring.
Thanks given by:
No way in hell would I give up that or a similar package for a yr of service from Kucherov.

Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-29, 09:42 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 09:14 PM)T.V. Wrote: If anyone EVER traded Bouchard, Yamamoto, Nurse, & Jesse for Kooch, then they should be taken out behind the barn & immediately be put down...

#SpeedKills

1) Noone suggested they should trade those players for Kucherov

2) What does knowing a nickname have to do with an anlysis of Lucic - which was the topic where he was brought up.

I am looking for Brodziak and DeMelo. I'd love someone younger that Brodziak but he can still play the 4C and PK role. He also had 1 point less than each of Lucic and Strome last season. He can help with tertiary scoring.
I do not want Broadziak at all.

Thanks given by:
I'll take UFA Beagle.

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-29, 10:02 PM)OilWings Wrote: I'll take  UFA Beagle.

I read somewhere today that Vancouver has the inside track on Beagle & Reider

Though we're 1 of 4 Canadian teams who've reached out to Reider
Thanks given by:
We are out on Reider which was a foregone conclusion - can't afford him.

Rumored contract for Beagle is also too expensive for us.

We are in the market for players under $1M.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't mind trying get Josh Leivo - Berglund perhaps (they need D but more likely NHL ready).
Thanks given by: