Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tram....
Nikita Tryamkin via email: 

"I looked after the #Canucks all season. It was easy because of the time difference – 12 hours from Vancouver to Yekaterinburg. I wake up and watch the games, highlights. I’m still interested how the team plays. Would I like to come back? Why not!"

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
That just made my day, hell it just made my week.
Thanks given by:
Probably a burner account......
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 04:16 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Probably a burner account......

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tr...rn-canucks

Unfortunately, due to there being no transfer agreement ( as of now ) between the KHL and NHL, he is likely spending the next 2 years in Russia, but still...  there's hope on the horizon.

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 04:22 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

Unfortunately, due to there being no transfer agreement ( as of now ) between the KHL and NHL, he is likely spending the next 2 years in Russia, but still...  there's hope on the horizon.

Amazing how a bit of cash to the KHL owner can grease the skids.

It may be a good thing that Tryamkin comes back in 2 years. One less d-man to protect in the expansion draft while he continues to develop. The Canucks aren't winning anything in the next two years but after that they'll be rising.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 04:29 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 04:22 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

Amazing how a bit of cash to the KHL owner can grease the skids.

It may be a good thing that Tryamkin comes back in 2 years. One less d-man to protect in the expansion draft while he continues to develop. The Canucks aren't winning anything in the next two years but after that they'll be rising.

It'll be like signing a really good free agent DMan... for free...  Wink and ya, we MIGHT just be a team hunting for a playoff spot by the time Tram's time is up in Russia... and hey, OJ might even be a player by then too...  Cool

Thanks given by:
Goldy could be the key in getting Tram back here sooner rather than later.
Thanks given by:
funny how watching a guy like ovechkin lift the cup can change a guys mind Wink

I have no proof of this, but I have no doubt that might have made something change in him Happy
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
MDZ, Edler should be gone by then, so the timetable actually really fits.

Leaves Hutton and Pouliot to fight for relevance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I'll believe it when it happens. In 2 years when his Khl contract is over I'll start thinking about it. But for right now I'm building a team and pretending he doesn't exist.

That being said... since he has been in the Nhl for a season do the Canucks have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 10:39 AM)Sasquatch Wrote: I'll believe it when it happens. In 2 years when his Khl contract is over I'll start thinking about it. But for right now I'm building a team and pretending he doesn't exist.

That being said... since he has been in the Nhl for a season do the Canucks have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft.

Yes, the Canucks have to protect him in the expansion draft. He's played in 2 NHL seasons. He played 13 games in 2015-16 season and he played 66 games in the 2016-17 season.
Thanks given by:
I was really disappointed when Tram left, he was gonna be the anchor for this teams defense for a decade or more, what a shame.

But him leaving could be an absolute blessing. There wasn't really room for him here to play the big minutes he needs, and getting him developed over seas while Benning constructs a winning team could turn out great for this franchise in the long run. Or not. Time will tell.

The question is, in two years when the Nucks have an opportunity to sign him, what do you sign him for, and for how long? 25 years old, has played less than a season in the NHL, and plenty of competing offers from his home country. What is he worth?

6M X 6 years would be my starting offer. What would you offer?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 01:32 PM)Nipsy Wrote: I was really disappointed when Tram left, he was gonna be the anchor for this teams defense for a decade or more, what a shame.

But him leaving could be an absolute blessing. There wasn't really room for him here to play the big minutes he needs, and getting him developed over seas while Benning constructs a winning team could turn out great for this franchise in the long run. Or not. Time will tell.

The question is, in two years when the Nucks have an opportunity to sign him, what do you sign him for, and for how long? 25 years old, has played less than a season in the NHL, and plenty of competing offers from his home country. What is he worth?

You should be his agent.  Grin I would give him a 2 yr deal at 3.5 mil and see how he handles a regular role before I hand out a juicy big contract like that to him.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 01:32 PM)Nipsy Wrote: I was really disappointed when Tram left, he was gonna be the anchor for this teams defense for a decade or more, what a shame.

It really depends on what he does in the next couple of years...

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 07:27 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

It really depends on what he does in the next couple of years...

Yes, the last I heard he was trending average over there so as much as I'd like to have him back I'll temper my expectations.
Thanks given by:
Personally, I've seen all I need to see from him to make a substantial offer.

Obviously he does some things well, some things not so well, but his ability to jump into the rush, break up countless 2 on 1s with that 2x4 he calls a stick and letting that howitzer go from the point has convinced me that given the right coach, putting him in the right situations, that he can succeed in, he's worth it.

It's a bit of an over payment of 2M, but low balling this guy isn't gonna pry him out of Russia. It locks him up for his prime years, and if he's not working out, he's tradeable. No GM turns down 7' defensemen.

As for his 'average trend", maybe he's just bored? Maybe he's not being challenged, or maybe his coach is not utilizing him correctly. Whatever it may be, one thing is for sure. He's young. He's young for a big guy and he's young for a defenseman. He will have growing pains developing consistency and maturity, but all players go through that and maybe it's better that it's not in the spotlight of the Vancouver media
Thanks given by:
Wait, you were serious with the 6 X $6M???
Thanks given by:
3 x $3 mil. Wouldn't go a penny over.

Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
(2018-06-14, 10:21 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: 3 x $3 mil. Wouldn't go a penny over.

Agree: Flight risk
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Its 2 years away. Wait to see the circumstances first. Not paying a 6th dman 6 mil. We aren't Chicago.

Thanks given by: