Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S.A. wins Ryder cup
A big win for the U.S.A. yesterday in the Ryder cup. I'm sure the football atmosphere was not exactly what Samuel Ryder had in mind back in 1927, but what the heck it was compelling to watch. It was the U.S.A.'s first win since 2008.
Thanks given by:
USA just had better players. Europe with a lot of rookies and the depth was not great.

The atmosphere? Well lets just say Willets brother wasn't far off, but this is the kind of circus you are going to get in a country that thinks Trump is a serious candidate for President.
Thanks given by:
I know it may be just a few bad apples with the heckling and get in the hole but American golf fans bug me more than any other fan base. They're loud, obnoxious and don't even understand the game. The USA chant is unbelievably unoriginal and sums up the fan base perfectly. They are so easy to cheer against.

That being said yesterday was unbelievable. I am a bit of a student of the game and I can't remember watching any match in any competition that compared to Reed v Rory or Phil v Sergio. They were fantastic. The Reed/Rory match faded a bit near the end but that was because they spent so much energy early on trying to carry their teams. The Phil/Sergio match, (2 of my all time favorites), never stopped. 19 freaking birdies!!

A couple of years ago I knew I needed to go to a Ryder Cup so I started planning it. If I don't go to France I will be at Wisconsin in 2020. Unreal.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-03, 11:06 AM)bfitz77 Wrote: I know it may be just a few bad apples with the heckling and get in the hole but American golf fans bug me more than any other fan base. They're loud, obnoxious and don't even understand the game. The USA chant is unbelievably unoriginal and sums up the fan base perfectly. They are so easy to cheer against.

This. All of this.
Thanks given by: