Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPCOMING TRADE?
So....first week under our belts.....but more importantly more and more guys getting ready to return to lineup....Kotka still looking like he belongs...soooo....what do Habs do now we have to wonder. They could go off the wall and make a much bigger trade than expected and target a LD.....guys like Ekholm, Nurse, Slavin , Brodie...I can see a scenario where HAbs make a rather surprising move.....a bigger trade than maybe we were thinking...or maybe guys get waived...but I have a feeling we might see something that is bigger then we expect....
I wonder if we could trade a LD and a forward to get a better LD ...
Anyways...very soon something has to give....
Thanks given by:
It is a tip that: Misleading Title.

They could just as easily waive some guys.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 10:15 AM)Captain aHab Wrote: It is a tip that: Misleading Title.

They could just as easily waive some guys.

My question mark key doesnt work on this keyboard...does some `French accent thingy that is not even on my keyboard...driving me nuts ....there was supposed to be a question mark at end`...I still have to think MB would rather make a bigger deal...if losing , might as well lose a little something on a bigger deal that addresses a need....
Thanks given by:
Supposedly, according to 91.9FM, the Habs have shown interest in Sam Bennett.....Sad
Thanks given by:
Right now, I'd get Peca out and dlR in for a few games and get Scherbak in for someone (like ArMEHia) or someone...
Put Shaw on Kotka's wing and Scherbak with dlR and Hudon or something.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 10:25 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Supposedly, according to 91.9FM, the Habs have shown interest in Sam Bennett.....Sad

Sign me up....he would fit perfectly with this group IMO....
Thanks given by:
be great if they traded Drouin for a good D-man....
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 10:26 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote: Right now, I'd get Peca out and dlR in for a few games and get Scherbak in for someone (like ArMEHia) or someone...
Put Shaw on Kotka's wing and Scherbak with dlR and Hudon or something.

Well I like Armia and dont see a reason to sit him. 

Today at practice Plekanec was in the lineup on the 4th line and Peca was the extra guy
Thanks given by:
If this team wishes to win a cup in the next 4 years they cannot trade to get a little better this year..Again using the Leafs look at their loaded forward talent and their ages.There is no way the Habs can compete with them for the next 7 years unless they get at least 2 elite players.Not sure why posters do not see this.There are several other teams with very young elite talent which the Habs cannot match at this stage in their organization.If your goal is to be a mid range team for the next 10 years than yes upgrade now.
Thanks given by:
Through my drunken stupor last night I thought I saw Shea, Plex and Alzzzner on the ice ?
Can't remember much after Carey choked the first period.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 10:04 AM)krob1000 Wrote: So....first week under our belts.....but more importantly more and more guys getting ready to return to lineup....Kotka still looking like he belongs...soooo....what do Habs do now we have to wonder. They could go off the wall and make a much bigger trade than expected and target a LD.....guys like Ekholm, Nurse, Slavin , Brodie...I can see a scenario where HAbs make a rather surprising move.....a bigger trade than maybe we were thinking...or maybe guys get waived...but I have a feeling we might see something that is bigger then we expect....
I wonder if we could trade a LD and a forward to get a better LD ...
Anyways...very soon something has to give....

What do we have that would interest Nashville to give up Ekholm, locked in through 2022 on a ridiculously low $3.75M/per deal?

What do we have that would interest Edmonton for a 23-year-old who might play on a top pair? 

What are we giving the defence-starved Flames for Brodie?

What can we offer Carolina, who signed Slavin to a semi-reasonable seven-year deal?

Just because we happen to have a few extra pudlingtons lingering around doesn't mean anyone else would want them.

And if it means another one of MB's 85 cents on the dollar big swaps... no thanks.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 10:19 AM)krob1000 Wrote: My question mark key doesnt work on this keyboard...does some `French accent thingy that is not even on my keyboard...driving me nuts ....there was supposed to be a question mark at end`...I still have to think MB would rather make a bigger deal...if losing , might as well lose a little something on a bigger deal that addresses a need....

Hey Krob
Sounds like your keyboard is set to another language.
- Googling ' change keyboard language [your brand] PC / laptop ' might help (?)
- Or, try different function keys (eg control, option, shift) combined with the "6" key (?)
Hope this helps -

Happy
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 11:37 AM)frontenac100 Wrote: Through my drunken stupor last night I thought I saw Shea, Plex and Alzzzner on the ice ?

Nah, you're good.
Keane and Carbo are back as well.
Roy decided to mail it in, tho - he's not up for this.

Icon_eek
Thanks given by:
Suspect others heard this as well, but just in case :

TSN intermission crew (Lebrun ?) mentioned last night that 
Bergevin has been proactively notifying other GMs that he 
is open to trading a FWD, idea being to get something in 
return versus nothing in a waivers scenario.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 11:52 AM)D Mex Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 11:37 AM)frontenac100 Wrote: Through my drunken stupor last night I thought I saw Shea, Plex and Alzzzner on the ice ?

Nah, you're good.
Keane and Carbo are back as well.
Roy decided to mail it in, tho - he's not up for this.

Icon_eek

Patty doesn't strike me as the sentimental type.

Also, MB slipped him a dozen cases of purple drank not to show up in person.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 11:56 AM)D Mex Wrote: Suspect others heard this as well, but just in case :

TSN intermission crew (Lebrun ?) mentioned last night that 
Bergevin has been proactively notifying other GMs that he 
is open to trading a FWD, idea being to get something in 
return versus nothing in a waivers scenario.

"Hey guys, I have a couple of underachieving prospects, a shytty old guy and some rejects from other teams... who wants some of this?"
Thanks given by:
It isn't usual for rumours to start about the Habs and waiver or minor trade possibilities. I like Scherbak but if they waived or traded him I wouldn't wonder why advance news to the other GMs and media wasn't out there.

Sometimes though someone gets on their high horse and gets his agent to demand a trade. If it fits with where the team sees itself going then I could see a disturbance in the force. 

Change is a good thing.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 10:40 AM)krob1000 Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 10:25 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Supposedly, according to 91.9FM, the Habs have shown interest in Sam Bennett.....Sad

Because he is a smaller fast player that works hard or because he is an underachiever that doesnt produce?
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 12:45 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Because he is a smaller fast player that works hard or because he is an underachiever that doesnt produce?

Is he still 18-year-old Sam Bennett?
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 12:45 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

elliot freedman threw the Bennett rumor out there last weak. IMO it would cost Scherbak++. That's fine if they're willing to take DLR and Scherbak but no draft picks. We need to accumulate as many picks as possibles, not give them away.
Thanks given by: