Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE Eichel gets his way: Bylsma and Murray fired.
It is if management asks them to do so.... just like Eichel was asked for his opinion
The truth may be puzzling.  It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true. Sagan
Thanks given by:
Any truth to the following?: If it was any draft other than the McDavid draft, Eichel would have gone first overall from all the fairly recent drafts (Tavares draft, Stamkos draft, etc.)
Thanks given by:
I probably would take Hedman over Tavares and Eichel.

Eichel probably would have gone first in the 2009-2014 drafts. McDavid and Matthews are both superior players though.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Eichel & Matthews are about equal so far. I like the fact Eichel is right handed, but hate the attitude
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-25, 11:35 AM)CTS Wrote: Eichel & Matthews are about equal so far.  I like the fact Eichel is right handed, but hate the attitude

Right now, Eichel is a step below Matthews, but that could change in the future as neither player has maxed out their potential. I'd argue their playmaking ability is about on par, with maybe a very slight edge to Eichel, but Matthews is a far superior goal scorer. They are both decent, but not great two-way players, and Matthews led his team to the playoffs in his very first season while Eichel has missed out both his first two seasons.

That's not a knock on Eichel though, as I think he has plenty of room for growth. Reminds me of Modano.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by: CTS
The Sabres wanted to interview Rangers assistant GM & former Sabres Captain Chris Drury for their GM job, but Drury rejected their interview request! LOL!

Things are not going well in Buffalo. They'll end up settling on their 5th or 6th choice because noone wants to go there
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-27, 07:33 PM)CTS Wrote: The Sabres wanted to interview Rangers assistant GM & former Sabres Captain Chris Drury for their GM job, but Drury rejected their interview request!   LOL!

Things are not going well in Buffalo.  They'll end up settling on their 5th or 6th choice because noone wants to go there

Well, if they get Jason Botterill as their new G.M. when it's all said & done, losing out on Drury will be the best thing that ever happened to them.
x6
Thanks given by:
I wonder who Jack Eichel will end up hiring to run the Sabres?

Himself?
Thanks given by: