Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Friend's Kid
So, a few months ago I talked about my friend's son. The one who was getting trials at the Whitecaps academy. A couple weeks ago he was at a combine, where 55 kids across the country competed against the WC academy. 

In game 1, my friend's kid played. The WC academy got off to a good start, 10 minutes in going 1-0 up. But that was really it for them. According to reports from several people who were there, my friend's son absolutely took the game over. He was always in a good spot defensively, he was extremely quick at turning the play around into an attack, and he went on to score 2 goals giving the non-academy players a 2-1 win. 

He obviously impressed the right people, as in a couple days he's off to Madrid with the Generation Adidas Team tour where he'll get to train at Real's state of the art facilities, and he'll play against the Rayo vallecano and Real Madrid academies. 

You'd think, the fact that he was identified, the fact that he made the academy kids look amateur, that he'd get a formal invite to join the academy full time... and, you'd be wrong. Instead, this February, he's been invited back for another trial... Also, now that Gale isn't coaching at the National Team level, the "keeping an eye on him" is gone. 

Anyway, he leaves for Spain on Sunday, here's hoping he impresses.
Thanks given by:
Does he have any link to a European passport?

Canada doesn't deserve these athletes IMO.

While it's such a long way out...my 7 year old is quite good. Two footed, plays anywhere on the pitch, big, high football IQ for his age and enjoys playing net and enjoys the game overall and has a lot of fun playing. If there's any sniff of him being half decent to elevate through any level, it won't be in Canada, I can tell you that much.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 03:17 PM)Busby Wrote: Does he have any link to a European passport?   <- Portuguese or Trinidadian, he's got access to both from what I understand.

Canada doesn't deserve these athletes IMO.  

While it's such a long way out...my 7 year old is quite good.  Two footed, plays anywhere on the pitch, big, high football IQ for his age and enjoys playing net and enjoys the game overall and has a lot of fun playing.  If there's any sniff of him being half decent to elevate through any level, it won't be in Canada, I can tell you that much. <- My son just turned 6, and he's able to play with kids 2-3 years older than him and he more than fits in.  

I have friends in London, and my wife has access to a British Passport, so hopefully we'll be ok.
Thanks given by:
The level of drama, ego, money, fakery in the competitive soccer game here in canada is absolutely laughable. There's so much "big guy problems" with so much "little guy results" its mind boggling. And it's all at the expense of the players.
Thanks given by: