Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Video Game Log
I think God of War or Skyrim are pretty different to RDR2. I know they're open-world (well, God of War is pseudo-open) but the experience is pretty drastically different.

Skyrim is my all-time favourite game and I think God of War deserved its GOTY award so I would put them above RDR2. But not Horizon or Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which are closer in genre.

I just love RDR2's world. It absolutely nails the atmosphere and riding around never gets old. I spent days doing nothing but hunting. Comparing to AssCreed, which I'm playing now, and it's miles ahead. AssCreed has good things going for it but at no point was I ever tempted in any way to wander off and explore without following a mission objective. And the wildlife is just absolutely stupid, I can't ride for 30 seconds without literally running into a deer. Like I mean crashing my horse into one because it's standing in the road or charging at me. Red Dead is much closer to realism in its world and gameplay whereas AssCreed is constantly reminding you that it's a game.
Thanks given by:
I got Mario Party and Smash Bros for the Switch for Christmas. I've really been enjoying both.

It's unfortunate because the online component for Party is pretty bad, but the offline board game mode is great fun.

Smash has a steep learning curve, but so far we are getting it alright. Not ready to go online and get my butt kicked just yet.
Thanks given by:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-ho...05-10aaa0a

An absolutely insane psn sale happening right now. If you have a ps4, you can get some awesome games for super cheap
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Finally finished Bayonetta (had an epilogue left that I didn't finish for some reason). The story was dumb as heck, but the gameplay is top tier for an action game. Still isn't as good as Ninja Gaiden but then again, no action series will ever touch it's depth
Thanks given by:
Finally completed Rayman Legends (all the extra levels). So much content, great music, fantastic art, creative level design, gameplay that is versatile (you can play it as a speedrunner or slowly) and the collectables have meaning!. This is easily the best 2D platformer I've ever played. Needed to get a friend a birthday gift and will grab him a copy of this (it's been ported on pretty every console lol)!
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-22, 05:57 PM)Andrew Wrote: Unpopular opinion; Red Dead Redemption 2 is mostly boring, needlessly complicated with not great controls and the story is woefully uninspired. Its a great example of how making a game BIG doesnt necessarily make it better. GTA V mops the floor with RDR2 and I suspect (hope) Cyberpunk will too.

Carry on.

I have over 200 hours in RDR2 if you combine online play.
The story mode was great. I urge you to complete it before you come to any conclusions. I think you can complete it around 60hours or so.
I completely get lost just hunting in this game. The detail is remarkable.
The online mode is a bit rough, though. But it's still technically in beta.

I haven't played any of the other big games recently, but to say it's boring is a bit of a stretch. Everyone I know that has played it has loved it.
You said you're only 20 hours in, I think you should give it a some more. There's at least 100 hours of things to do in the single player and that doesn't even count every side mission.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:

A
Super hyped for this game, April is gonna be awesome!
Thanks given by: