Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: New POHO
(2019-03-27, 07:35 AM)Nimmsens Wrote: I wonder what the season ticket base is down to now?

As far as attendance goes, what do people expect? The owner lies and cant be trusted.  We have the leanest front office and hockey operations team in the league.  If the team is going to cheap out on the basics why should we put out good money for this?

We put out $25,000 this past season on 4 tickets and hospitality so far this season, and since the trade deadline we can't get clients to go to the games.

We also have a Redblacks corporate suite for half the cost and is much better value than what the Sens offer.
To think that 25K could have gone to a pool table in your staff rec room...

But I wonder if this announcement to hire POHO could have something to do with the season ticket drive.
Thanks given by:

This is strange imo. Not the part that they asked the league for help but the part that an executive from another team will be assigned to help out.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-04, 01:58 AM)bchippie Wrote:

This is strange imo. Not the part that they asked  the league for help but the part that an executive from another team will be assigned to help out.

I guess the league wants to make sure this is not a melnyk hire (affordable yes man)?

EDIT: Apparently, sens approached a number of candidates who turned them down. Looks like it's not only the "fake fans" that see this franchise as a joke as long as melnyk is here.

Thanks given by:
It's not fair to us as fans who've been through thick and thin with this team and have spent our money on them, but Melnyk deserves this right now and he needs to go.
Thanks given by: FashionPolice , FashionPolice
It isn't funny or weird to have to go through a bunch of people to find the right person.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-04, 01:25 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote: It isn't funny or weird to have to go through a bunch of people to find the right person.

Its not the first time that I've heard teams asking the league for help. It is the first time though that I've heard having another executive from another team helping. "Hey Brendan Shanahan can you find your rival Ottawa a new president of hockey operations" A little strange.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by:
Aren't the Rangers and Oilers also looking for POHOs? The Seattle expansion as well?

Well, my guess is we will get the leftovers after those teams are done, and still iffy whether the leftovers say yes to melnyk.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-04, 01:25 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote: It isn't funny or weird to have to go through a bunch of people to find the right person.

Normally it's not funny, sure I agree with that.

When you look at this team and what is happening, can you tell me why it's not hard to picture people turning down the offer?

The same can be applied with the coaching carousel we have had going for a while -- it gets funny/weird after a while. You start thinking "so how long does this one last before the players tune him out?"

Oilers and #1 picks, how many more 1OA picks do they need to become a consistent contender? You don't find that weird/funny they can't make playoffs with McJesus?
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
Anyone heard anything on this front?

Starting to look like lip service, yes, I know they tried to rephrase it and look for an "advisor".
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-24, 12:09 AM)bicboi Wrote: I'll do it for minimum wage. I'll most likely get fired after a couple of hours though since I'll roast Melnyk immediately

Heck, Bic Melynk has not got enough money to make me want to work for him, Laugh and our daughter lives in downtown Ottawa.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-04, 03:14 PM)FashionPolice Wrote: Aren't the Rangers and Oilers also looking for POHOs? The Seattle expansion as well?

Well, my guess is we will get the leftovers after those teams are done, and still iffy whether the leftovers say yes to melnyk.

I believe John Davidson has taken that position in New York from Sather!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-09, 04:42 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 12:09 AM)bicboi Wrote: I'll do it for minimum wage. I'll most likely get fired after a couple of hours though since I'll roast Melnyk immediately

Heck, Bic Melynk has not got enough money to make me want to work for him, Laugh and our daughter lived in Ottawa.

You'll do well Caper. Go easy on the concession stand coupons he pays you with. They might be expired
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , CaperLeaf
If you take a magnifying glass to the voucher:

*Only valid if you receive a black eye as a result of a stampede of wild elephants running through his house between 3:55 and 4 PM on the Fourth of July, during a hailstorm.

*Looney Tunes --> "Fool Coverage". https://looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/Fool_Coverage
Thanks given by:
So basically only valid for Pascal Leclaire?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
might work for andy too.
Thanks given by:

RELEASE: Nicholson named Chairman, Anselmi hired as President and COO

Bob Nicholson will assume the new role of Chairman, Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club while Tom Anselmi has been hired as President, Business Operations and Chief Operating Officer of EOHC and ICE District

Hmmm... but wasn't good enough for Melnyk while here
Thanks given by:
Where is this new ADVISOR? Don't tell me it's the recently fired Ruszkowski who stayed on as ADVISOR.

How many more lackeys from biovail can he call up?
Thanks given by:
So draft is tonight, and who is going to sit in the sens POHO chair?
Thanks given by: