Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got a trade!
This is a big one.

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
TRADE --> #Oilers acquire centre Kellan Lain (@klain19) from @VanCanucks in exchange for centre Will Acton.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/statu...0183922688

[Image: B26rYR0CcAA3eJW.jpg]

A 6' 6" Centre.

Let the flood gates open.
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
Solid move.
Thanks given by:
I'm glad I don't have to see Wil Acton in the lineup again (not that it looks like this guy will amount to much if anything).
Thanks given by:
They fell for it!!
Thanks given by:
I watched him score his 1st goal in the show. Guy is a Hustle maniac and hits hard. Will scrap as well Big boy reminded me a bit of Glencross when he came up in the game I saw him.

Not a productive guy in the minors so maybe they are going to bring Lander up and send kiddy boy back in his Liederhausen to PA?
Who knows? C man for a Cman both minor league guys IMO.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-20, 05:40 PM)maclintock Wrote: I watched him score his 1st goal in the show. Guy is a Hustle maniac and hits hard. Will scrap as well Big boy reminded me a bit of Glencross when he came up in the game I saw him.

Not a productive guy in the minors so maybe they are going to bring Lander up and send kiddy boy back in his Liederhausen to PA?
Who knows? C man for a Cman both minor league guys IMO.

Hopefully he finds a way in, lord knows we need a bigger presence up the middle.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hock...r.php?9950
Thanks given by:
As a Canucks' fan, I don't know much about Acton. By the comments here, I gather he's not going to win the Conn Smythe trophy soon. Is there any upside to the guy?

As for Lain, he's a big guy who skates well, and has concrete hands. Like a lot of big guys he seems quite mellow so I'm not certain he'll bring the grit that the Oil is probably hoping for from him....
Thanks given by:
Acton tries hard every shift. He has terrible hands but can skate. He is a 3rd line AHL player.
Thanks given by:
Acton is a fringe NHLer at best. He is adequate as a 4th line fill in for short periods of time. He is defensively responsible and can kill penalties. No offensive upside. He's 27 so I reckon what you see is what you get.
Thanks given by:
So it seems that they have exchanged marginal players. Acton is older and smaller, but perhaps a little better offensively. Lain is bigger, younger, but possibly better defensively.
Why bother?
Thanks given by:
Oh, I can't imagine Acton being better offensively than anyone. PK and defensive awareness perhaps.

Its a trade of minor league centers that will never be more than injury call-ups.

Lets put it this way, the Oilers have some of the worst center depth imaginable and Acton couldn't keep a spot on the roster.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-20, 06:03 PM)barrypederson Wrote: So it seems that they have exchanged marginal players. Acton is older and smaller, but perhaps a little better offensively. Lain is bigger, younger, but possibly better defensively.
Why bother?

Because MacT had to do something after what happened last night.
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
I suppose, but presuming that a trade of a couple border-line minor leaguers will convince Oiler fans that all is well is unlikely. Shifting the deck chairs on the Titanic comes to mind....
Thanks given by:
LMAO!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Mac, I'm still waiting for that 'BOLD' trade MacT promised us for 2 yrs now.
Thanks given by:
I found this comment from another website fitting:

"What is amazingly bold, however, is that MacT may have traded one of the worst players ever to have worn Oiler colours, and still have lost the trade. Laine may be one the few players in organized hockey worse than Acton. And MacT threw in a prospect to sweeten the deal. Amazing." - some guy who goes by Doug the Slug

This may be like a lesser version of the Smid trade. At least we will never see Acton in our line up again.
Thanks given by:
Will Acton was traded today?
What am I supposed to do with my Acton Jerseys?
Anybody wanna buy a bunch of Will Acton Oilers jerseys?
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-20, 08:36 PM)Lurker Wrote: Will Acton was traded today?
What am I supposed to do with my Acton Jerseys?
Anybody wanna buy a bunch of Will Acton Oilers jerseys?

Depends... Do you suppose McDavid will use Actons old number?
Thanks given by:
This did not even register a blip on my hooray for the Oilers scale.

Are Jack Johnson's parents part of our trading staff?

I know that was mean, but hey, it's me
I don't have an accent, it's y'all that have one
Thanks given by: Lurker , OilWings
Thats Funny *OC*! I honestly laughed out loud. mean though.
Thanks given by: