Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're past the halfway point...
So what do we do? 

I'm hoping we can sign someone like Tyler Myers or anyone else that can help our current dreadful blueline. 

In the meantime, I think we should be sellers. Some players I'm fine with trying to trade (cuz we might be able to replace them internally)
-Dzingel
-Boedker
-Anyone in the back end not named Chabot

Get whatever you can (maybe a 1st off a desperate team?). I'm even fine with trading Duchene. We'll be wasting his best years trying to retool and if we can get a 1st and some good assets it'll be worth it to me.

Read rumours of Dougie Hamilton being on the block. Offer some of our excess forwards to Carolina and hope they give us DG.

What do you think the Sens should do?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
What they should have done from the end of October this year, make a trade for a veteran d-man or two and help give this team a chance every game to be competitive. Our goaltending was good enough, our offense was more than good enough, but our defense was absolute garbage and we all knew it. Look at our recent losing streak, we're averaging 3 goals a game and yet we can't seem to win so what does that tell you?
Thanks given by:
Please for the love of God, trade Codi Ceci before the deadline.  I cant see how we can justify a $4.3M qualifying offer.  He<s just not worth it
Here is a sort of Upcoming RFA D-men making over $1.5M.

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/activ...0-11000000

-Use that money for Stone and Duchene.

Theres no way you can justify his salary

Also, for reference, here is a list of all Dmen making under $5.5 mil that will be UFA or RFA this season.  Hell, I'd take a 42 year old Chara for $5mil over Ceci at $4.5.
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/activ...-0-5500000
Thanks given by: Ryu65
I am highly concerned about a team with the young talent that the Avs have adding a player like Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko to their organization - damn you Dorion!!!!
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-07, 03:58 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I am highly concerned about a team with the young talent that the Avs have adding a player like Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko to their organization - damn you Dorion!!!!

Pouz anyone on our roster you reckon the Oil could use?
Thanks given by:
Nice link Pali!

I want Trouba or Myers this off season
Thanks given by:
If they could dump Ceci before the deadline it would make this wretched season worth it.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-07, 04:41 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2019-01-07, 03:58 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I am highly concerned about a team with the young talent that the Avs have adding a player like Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko to their organization - damn you Dorion!!!!

Of course - We could use Stone, Duchene, Chabot, Tkachuk.

With that said, the one realistic target would be Dzingel....
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-07, 04:48 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

Dzingel for Russell? Our D is so bad that we'll take any vet defender at this point lol
Thanks given by:
Dorion will be shedding salary, now and in the future. Gone will be Dzingel, Duchene, and everyone else Over the age of 24, with the potential exception being Stone. Note how I said potential, because there is a strong chance he gets traded too if he gets a bogus offer like Karlsson did, which at this point I pretty much expect.

We are finishing DFL, no question. The Duchene trade will go down as our version of the Kessel disaster, however I expect a better return that the Leafs got when they shipped him to Pittsburgh. But with Dorion at the helm, you never know what boneheaded move he will make next.
Thanks given by:
Dzingel is seriously underperforming but what is his ice time? I'm willing to give him another try next year.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to see Dzingel here long term, he seems like a safe bet for 20g, 40+ points but he's not as skilled as someone like Hoff (not good enough to consistently get 50+). He could be had for cheap but i think we have enough wingers in the system. He'd be a decent asset to try and get a vet dman or some picks for this draft. Team like Edmonton could use him, but don't know if we could use much of what they'd offer in a trade. Maybe talk to Carolina and offer another offensive prospect for Pesce or Hamilton?
Thanks given by:
At this point, do not risk holding on to any of our unsigned UFA's including Stone and Duchene. If they're not signed before the deadline then please just trade them as I'm going to lose my shit if they walk for nothing at the end of the season.

I'm really not in the blow up team corner, because this team isn't that bad and a few tweaks on defense and in net would make us a contender but it all starts with signing Stone and Duchene so if that doesn't happen, then you trade them and start over again.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-07, 05:00 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2019-01-07, 04:48 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

Dzingel for Russell? Our D is so bad that we'll take any vet defender at this point lol

Actually, Kris Russell is proving to be a very important piece of the Oilers this year and I'm sure he has value among general managers.

At the same time, its a contract that runs too long and, given the swarth of d-men the Oilers have on the cusp of NHL readiness (drafted and development is about to pay dividends) there is value in disposing of the 2 year commitment.
Thanks given by:
Ever since that 3 way trade with Colorado, the Avalanche have taken off. Just the addition of Sam Girard to move the puck to the quick forwards has changed things. Tyson Barrie, Eric Johnson and Girard move the puck so efficiently. Everything else that Colorado got was icing on that cake.

I feel for the Sens fans but that trade has really done wonder for Colorado and with more fruits to come. Like Pouz, I hate to see that. The Sens turned Joe Sakic from being a deadbeat GM on the verge of being fired to having a job for a long time.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-07, 08:12 PM)topgun Wrote: Ever since that 3 way trade with Colorado, the Avalanche have taken off. Just the addition of Sam Girard to move the puck to the quick forwards has changed things. Tyson Barrie, Eric Johnson and Girard move the puck so efficiently. Everything else that Colorado got was icing on that cake.

I feel for the Sens fans but that trade has really done wonder for Colorado and with more fruits to come. Like Pouz, I hate to see that. The Sens turned Joe Sakic from being a deadbeat GM on the verge of being fired to having a job for a long time.

I'd keep Turris at $6.5 million over whatever Duchene will sign for. As good as Duchene has been offensively and in our back end too. Disrupting the team chemistry wasn't worth it. We've been going downhill since that trade. I really wanna know why management didn't want to keep Turris.
Thanks given by:
Edmonton is looking to make a move for a forward. Hoping Dorion can fleece him on a deal involving Dzingel or another forward lol
Thanks given by:
Looking at the Koskinen signing, I hope Dorion can re-sign Nilsson to a 2 year deal at $3.5 per year. Nilsson has been a solid #1 for us and we'll have to sign someone to play 30-40 games since Andy can't be relied on for that many. Let Hogberg and Gustafsson develop in the minors. Don't bring em up at all imo
Thanks given by:
Yeah, having him as a bridge goalie isn’t a bad plan. Next year will most likely be Andy’s last, Nillson can be the 1B guy next season, then let the prospects battle it out for the backup job the next season in the hopes they take over the reigns shortly there after.

Good news is we have 3 prospects who could potentially develop into decent NHL goaltenders.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-07, 07:30 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: At this point, do not risk holding on to any of our unsigned UFA's including Stone and Duchene. If they're not signed before the deadline then please just trade them as I'm going to lose my shit if they walk for nothing at the end of the season.

I'm really not in the blow up team corner, because this team isn't that bad and a few tweaks on defense and  in net would make us a contender but it all starts with signing Stone and Duchene so if that doesn't happen, then you trade them and start over again.

What is your bar exactly? They were DFL last week, and just went on a decent streak. They need serious upgrades.
Thanks given by: