Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westworld - Game #30
The Nashville Predators are riding into town tomorrow night for a HUGH clash with the Host, Calgary Flames. Games under the Dome this season are in a World of their own most nights as the Flames have rifled many clubs with a 9-3-2 record.

The Predators are first in the West owners of a 19-9-1 record and a scant 1 point ahead of the gunslinging Flames. While Nashville is leading the league in goals against, the Flames are no slouches in that regard ranking 10th. But it is the offence where the the Hosts separate from their guests. Calgary is 7th in goals scored per game with the Preds 4 places lower at 11th spot.

Going into this showdown, the Preds have no less than 4 very good players on the injured reserve, namely PK Subban, Filip Forsberg, Kyle Turris, and Viktor Arvidsson. But they still have the league leading bargoaltender in Pekka Renne, .930 Sv% and 1.96 GAA.

At this writing, the Flames are down a few men as well including Mikael Backlund, Micahel Frolik, Jusso Valimaki and may have two suspended players in Ryan Lomberg and Mark Giordano. They counter in goal with Mike Smith, winner of 5 in a row and owner of a 1.50 GAA in that time frame.

Game is on SportsNet WEST at 8:00 p.m.

Welcome to our world Nashville!

[Image: giphy.gif]
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: KNilsson14
I am not overly keen on the lines being tested out, as was being discussed in the last game thread.

Mangiapane-Jankowski-Neal were looking like they had potential as a line and I would prefer to leave them together.

I would insert Czarnik on the 2nd line with Tkachuk and Bennett.  Czarnik and Bennett can swap out on the face-off duties, either by doing the strong-side thing or going with the hot hand.

These ideas could all changed based on whoever is called up from Stockton to replace Backlund..., but the Flames need the 4th line to be a lot less of a disaster than it was yesterday's game.
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
If 2 games for Gio , going to make this weekend an interesting go . Put that with our best shutdown Center out and I don’t know how things go . Both goalies better get their beauty sleep because they are going to need it .
Thanks given by: KNilsson14 , Nanuuk
NHL Player Safety
@NHLPlayerSafety
Calgary’s Mark Giordano has been suspended for two games for kneeing Minnesota’s Mikko Koivu.
That 9th goal really took the wind out of our sails. - J. Tortorella, Columbus
Thanks given by:
I think that is what we were all expecting once it was announced he had a hearing. 

It is going to be interesting to see how Peters sets the defense pairings and who picks up all those minutes usually played by the Captain.
Thanks given by:
Gio being suspended is bull shit. Having said that the Flames have to respond.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
So when its all said and done:

Giordano - 2 game suspension
Lomberg - 2 game suspension
Backlund - will miss the next 2 games for certain

I see no repercussions for Matt Dumba

Travis Hamonic was interviewed earlier in the day and basically said every guy on the team was happy with Lomberg.
Thanks given by:
Gio being suspended for 2 is absolute Horsehit! We have seen a thousand hits go unpunished and that (0n a player who has ZERO HISTORY) gets 2 games? That’s terrible, and could be a turning point on our season....Dumba get nothing?... Princaple point of contact was the head
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
Borderline knee on knee gets u 2 games? But a blatant head shot gets nothing....Brutal.

I almost want to start a go fund me to pay for the 10 grand fine
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4 , Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Looks like Flames are recalling C Alan Quine from Stockton.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 10:19 AM)Nanuuk Wrote: Looks like Flames are recalling C Alan Quine from Stockton.

Is that the Quine that played for the Islanders?
Thanks given by:
I believe so.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: teamblue
(2018-12-08, 11:01 AM)teamblue Wrote:
(2018-12-08, 10:19 AM)Nanuuk Wrote: Looks like Flames are recalling C Alan Quine from Stockton.

Is that the Quine that played for the Islanders?
Yep
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flam...-stockton/

Flames recall Alan Quine from AHL Stockton
The Calgary Flames have recalled forward Alan Quine from the AHL’s Stockton Heat.

Quine is leading the Heat in scoring with six goals and 13 assists in 15 games. He has appeared in 84 career NHL games with the Islanders, picking up six goals and 16 assists.
Thanks given by: teamblue
The projected line-up:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Ryan-Bennett
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Neal
Czarnik-Quine-Hathaway

Hanifin-Hamonic
Brodie-Andersson
Kylington-Prout

Smith
Rittich
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Juuse Saros in goal for the Preds tonight.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
[Image: barry-trotz-shea-weber.jpg]
A brief look back
It was October 8th and game #3 of the season. Calgary arrives in Nashville at 1-1 while the Preds are 2-0. Dube and Peluso are in, Janko sits. It is speculated Peluso is there to nullify Zac Renaldo, local poop stirrer, who is not heard from on the night. Stone fills in for Hamonic, who has a busted jaw. Andersson and Valimaki are paired together, first rookies since Suter/McInnes to be honored that way. Smith starts in goal for the 3rd time.

As usual it's Lindholm scoring from Johnny on the PP that gets things going. It's noted that the Flames use the same entry system on the PP as last year, but the speed of execution makes it work. The Flames are much quicker.  As usual, Sam Bennett scores a goal that is called back, but Monahan on the PP follows up by scoring from Chucky. Monny scores again to open the 3rd period. Throughout the game Smith stands on his head, especially killing a 5 on 3 in the 2nd. He comes away with a 3-0 shutout for his best game of the season.
Thanks given by: KNilsson14 , Nanuuk
Flames have re-called D Rinat Valiev from Stockton. 6'3" 215 Lb. left shot LD.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
#Flames tonight vs. Nashville:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Ryan-Bennett
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Neal
Czarnik-Quine-Hathaway

Hanifin-Hamonic
Brodie-Andersson
Kylington-Prout

Smith
~~~~~

Hey Janko.....
[Image: JsVXTmp.png]
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Well.., I just spent the afternoon at the Ship & Anchor listening to a bunch of local bands play their favourite Tom Waits songs.

So the perfect way to end the day would be with a win for the somewhat under-manned Flames.
Thanks given by:
I think the Flames have the players to carry the day. I only worry about Brodie being stuck on the left side when he's shown he is stronger on the right.

Go Flames GO!
Thanks given by: