Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Could have been
(2017-05-25, 03:04 PM)labradorcongo Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 12:35 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 11:26 AM)labradorcongo Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 03:41 AM)Scriptor Wrote: BTW, the myth that PK is merely a 2nd pairing D in NASH is becoming firmly entrenched, despite the fact that he sees 26 minutes of TOI and Josi sees 21 minutes in the same game.

PK is a playoff machine. It's still often high risk but, the energy level definitely works come playoff time.
I suppose the word "merely" changes the context of that statement but Subban is on the second pairing.  Out of Nashville's 16 playoff games so far I've watched just over 13 of them.  They are blessed to have 4 guys that could and do play top pairing minutes and do it on pretty much any team in the league.  Jodi, Subban and Ekholm are separated by about 20 secs per game of toi.  Ellis sit about 1 minute per game behind.  Any of these 4 could be the difference maker game in a game out.  In 2 maybe 3 games Subban was noticeably  the Preds best dman.  Ekholm for maybe 2 and the others were Ellis or Jodi with a couple games where no one really stood out.  I can't say enough about how much  Subban has elevated his game by in a sense doing less.  I could only speculate on why he wouldn't play the same way in  MTL.  Credit should be given to Laviolette and Housley too.  Early in the season Subban was taken off of the top pairing with Josi after the results weren't there and everyone one involved benefited greatly.  
The issue I have is how the media focused on Subban's blunders and supposed off ice issues when he was in MTL and now is "Subban and the Preds" go to the finals.  The truth is that the Preds are a team that have like 6 or 7 key players that step up on a given night.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Huge article I just read on MSN from SN...talking how PK is the best dman in Nashville....AND TOP 3 IN ALL OF THE NHL....and that finally he may get his kudos deserved.

The writer though I believe is a huge Hab and PK fan.....I can actually handle those articles more then say if Kipper wrote it, lol
I had to stop following a couple popular Habs writers.  I swear their desire to create controversy far out ways their commitment to report facts.  I would personally put Karlsson in a league of his own right now.  Behind him I would go with Doughty, Burns, Hedman, McDonagh, Weber, Josi, Letang (when healthy), Petriangelo and Ekbkad.  IMO subban slides in somewhere behind those guys.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I agree
Thanks given by:
Don't want to see Predators win the Cup because it may reinforce MB's belief you can win the Cup being weak up the middle.
Thanks given by:
Lol TM123

But with #1C out it will be interesting. Fischer should be back but I don't even know who is #2-4 on that team. They have one of the best bE Corp and a goalie who can steal games. It will be interesting to see how it plays out....D or elite frwds who lead to victory.
Thanks given by:
I doubt anything changes Bergevin's mind. Either way, his situation up the middle won't be easy to fix, especially if one of the top-6 C positions isn't filled from within (Galchenyuk?).

This off season has the potential to be extremely interesting or, plainly boring, depending on what Bergevin feels he must do and what he can actually do.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
The LV draft was supose to bring a lot of moves. Will this be like a trade deadline thing where they are all made at the last days? GMs have said they have never seen so much talk in an off season, but where are the moves?

My gut...MB does make moves. But I prob won't like them. I don't mind Beau traded as D is our depth. But I hope Chuck stays.
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-26, 07:46 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: The LV draft was supose to bring a lot of moves. Will this be like a trade deadline thing where they are all made at the last days? GMs have said they have never seen so much talk in an off season, but where are the moves?

My gut...MB does make moves. But I prob won't like them. I don't mind Beau traded as D is our depth. But I hope Chuck stays.

A lot of moves but not of the type of guy we need to get. As far as forwards go the most that would be moved is a 2nd liner on a team deep on D that wants to go the 8-1 route. So not a huge help to us.

You're not seeing moves now because it is generally frowned upon to complete trades while the playoffs are going on. They dont want anything overshadowing the action on the ice
Thanks given by: