Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your price point to go see a Habs game this season?
I don’t live in Montreal and so am so thoroughly disgusted with the ownership and management that I wouldn’t go if the tickets were free.  Pay the train fare and I would go because Montreal is a great city and a lot of fun.  

Montreal folks, would you pay full price to watch this team?
Thanks given by:
Another thought:  should teams be forced to discount their tickets if they don’t spend to the cap max?
Thanks given by:
I guess I'd pony up a matinee movie ticket price to watch the Penguins or Leafs Globetrotter the crap out of them. About $10-$12 seems fair.
Thanks given by:
Probably more interested in seeing Laval this year. Definitely going to come down for that.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
If I was in Montreal, it would be part of a holiday, so I don't mind bucking up to see a game, even if it pains me to line LLP's pockets in the remotest of ways.

But with this purple gang, I'd rather head to Vegas and catch them there as part of an old guy bender.
Thanks given by:
$115 Summit Game.
Get on board you cheap bastards!
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 04:00 PM)frontenac100 Wrote: $115 Summit Game.

Can we just go for the supper and post-game party?
Thanks given by: frontenac100

When all your holidays are spent at baseball tourneys in the summer and hockey tourneys in the winter, sneaking in those trips for yourself is a little tougher (and when you get the chance, it's Vegas or Mexico, etc.).

I hope to make it one day. And I'm wearing nut-hugging purple spandex shorts and sitting beside Mavid the whole time.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 04:05 PM)GloryYrs70s Wrote:

Can we just go for the supper and post-game party?s
Sure, why not?
I usually make the game, then get eff'd up big time later.
Thanks given by:
My price point to see a Habs game is $150

And I am not going if they refuse to pay me.
C'est quoi le maudit plan?!!
Thanks given by: RightNyder , GloryYrs70s , Gerry Pigeon
(2018-07-12, 04:08 PM)RightNyder Wrote:

When all your holidays are spent at baseball tourneys in the summer and hockey tourneys in the winter, sneaking in those trips for yourself is a little tougher (and when you get the chance, it's Vegas or Mexico, etc.).

I hope to make it one day. And I'm wearing nut-hugging purple spandex shorts and sitting beside Mavid the whole time.
I've met Mavid amigo. Great gal. But she'd tune you up big time.
Thanks given by: RightNyder
The free tickets I sometimes get for services rendered throughout the year wouldn't be too expensive for me to actually go see a game. That's a good price cut-off, IMO Wink

Will be tougher to get those this year, though, considering my good friend finally decided to let his reds go and didn't renew his tickets.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Not one penny. IF given a free ticket, I'd give it a pass.
The team plays dull uninspired hockey. It has since Lemaire was named coach, emphasizing D over offensive talent 100% of the time.
Thanks given by:
I usually get free tickets when they come out west ($350.00) but depending on how things go once the season starts I may just stay home this year.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 05:44 PM)Cal Wrote: Not one penny. IF given a free ticket, I'd give it a pass.
The team plays dull uninspired hockey. It has since Lemaire was named coach, emphasizing D over offensive talent 100% of the time.

I'd agree with the uninspiring hockey, but think even Scotty emphasized D over offensive talent - he just had so freaking much of it and was smart enough to let the thoroughbreds run.

Nowadays, the overcoaching fiends want all the horses pulling the cart along together - the easiest way to limit mistakes and make bad teams good. The great teams still have thoroughbreds who will run anyway but we don't have those (and if we do, they are turned into plough horses or swapped to another farm).

If Bill Dauterive wants to make the playoffs this year, the team will have to keep trying to win 0-(-1) and hope Price returns to form. So... hamster wheel to nowhere, yada yada yada.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 05:44 PM)Cal Wrote: Not one penny. IF given a free ticket, I'd give it a pass.

Free ticket, I'd go for the company (usually, it's from someone I know that I have fun with). Or, if I get a pair for free, I'd take someone I know I'd have fun with, however that turns out.

It's not like I get to go 16 times a year and it would be so heavy a drag in the first place. 

Went and saw a horribly boring game that we lost by a goal when playing against Columbus a few years ago. Had a good time with a friend and, hockey-wise, got to appreciate just how smart and useful a hockey player Andrei Markov truly was. Took advantage of the uninspiring game to zone in on him and saw how good he actually was defensively, despite what some fans maintained about him in that aspect of the game.

Hell, if you're not paying for the ticket, you can always grab the 2 for 4$ special at the Esso across De La Montagne between periods and get corked in the parking lot with a bunch of other fans until play resumes instead of paying above 10$ for the exact same beer. For 12$, you get 6 beer, the exact same can that you get served inside.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:

ug
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by: RightNyder , RightNyder
(2018-07-12, 06:26 PM)Mavid Wrote:

ug

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by:
Of course, in that clip you are Meg Ryan and Mavid is Billy Crystal...
Thanks given by: RightNyder
(2018-07-12, 11:29 PM)Grimjim Wrote: Of course, in that clip you are Meg Ryan and Mavid is Billy Crystal...

I can work with that.
Thanks given by: