Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What next???
(2018-01-16, 04:06 PM)Beerisfood Wrote: So unless we are buyers for a faster 4th line (Mangy, Hrivik) and can find a way of getting rid of Stajan and Brouwer (not likely) then what does he expect us to do.

Stating we are strong buyers without any specifics is just throwing shit against the wall... or whatever that saying is.

If the Sens go complete tank mode, maybe Smith can be a suitable 4th guy for y'all. We can take back Stajan and maybe a half decent prospect? Would adding Fisher be too much?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I think the Flames big deadline moves will more likely be welcoming a couple of veterans back from the IR.

Frolik will be back for sure
Versteeg could be a HUGH upgrade on Roger Millions

Nanuuk
How could you even suggest trading away Stajan??
He is such a nice guy and he is on the hottest scoring streak he's been on all year!!!
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
Treliving talks players, and trades -

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/...n9y8gga6tc

"Treliving: You’re always trying to make yourself better, but I don’t know would be my answer. I like how we’re playing right now and I like our group. If there’s ways to help it and improve it, you try to do it but it depends what the cost is. If there’s a way to help out, we’ll look at it but it has to make sense."

~~~~~~
Bic, much as I'd like to acquire brother Smith, I just dont think we have anything Ottawa needs, unless it's a prospect D-man, and no draft picks to add, that other teams would offer.

EDIT_ I meant brother JONES (Mark)
A ship is always safe at shore, but that is not what it's built for. - A. Einstien
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
To be honest, our gm doesn't even know what we need. We have forward prospects that'll probably make the leap next year and could use anything lol.
Thanks given by:
I might consider Stone, but that's about it. Ottawa has gotten themselves into Cap Hell and it will be tough to get out of it unless they eat large amounts of someone's contracts. We'll send ya Brouwer plus a prospect.
Good Judgement comes from Experience which comes from Bad Judgement - Harry Neale
Thanks given by:
We already have two albatross prospects in Ryan and Phaneuf lol, if Dorion gets another i'll be...not surprised actually lol

Jealous of Flames management, they're doing a great job
Thanks given by:
I see Eric the F. is speculating that Calgary shpuld go after Karlsson in Ottawa. I

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/calga...-karlsson/

I am not sure if I would want to get Karlsson as intriguing as the idea sounds.

1. He would break the existing salary structure
2. One of Hamonic or Stone would have to go in addition to those names Eric the Fictitious put forward
3. I wouldn't want to part with Ramus Andersson or a Valimaki. Fox, maybe. Gillies, maybe.
4. Our D is finally looking like they are in sync, why upset the apple cart.

On the other hand, could you imagine an Brodie/Karlsson paring?
Good Judgement comes from Experience which comes from Bad Judgement - Harry Neale
Thanks given by:
Sorry Nan, but I am not even going to click on that goofballs link.

Karlsson is one of the best D men in the league. Nobody can question that.
It is also rumored that he will be asking for max term at 10+ per year.

That is too large a piece of the pie to devote to one person in my opinion. I believe depth wins in this league and those contracts handcuff you too much.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Suity , KNilsson14 , FlameFilosi4
Chicago is proof

When their top players were coming in at $6 million/yr or less.., they were able to afford a solid supporting cast.  Now that their top players command salaries over $10 million/year, they have had to trade away the solid support and infill with weaker veterans and/or rookies trying to make their mark.

The only way you can with with that salary structure, is if you have some added roster members wearing black and white that are not on the immediate pay-roll (i.e. Pittsburgh)
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Beerisfood
I would say the Sens already have their hands tied with Phaneuf's contract and the Oilers may find themselves in the same boat by handing out so much cash to McDavid and Drasaitl.

I think the way to go is what the Flames have slowly built up. Talent in the minors. When they are ready to play one of the more expensive players ends up going. We may have to brace ourselves for that day.
Thanks given by: