Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Next? 2019-2020 Version
The Rangers acquired Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk & a 2019 1st round pick.

I believe the Rangers were one of the teams the Flames were rumoured to be talking to.  Does this move cool down those potential conversations??
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-17, 08:42 PM)KNilsson14 Wrote: The Rangers acquired Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk & a 2019 1st round pick.

I believe the Rangers were one of the teams the Flames were rumoured to be talking to.  Does this move cool down those potential conversations??
If I am reading that correctly Wpg just got the Rangers #2 overall pick. Holy crap that's a price for a D-man!
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. - Churchill
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-17, 09:45 PM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 08:42 PM)KNilsson14 Wrote: The Rangers acquired Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk & a 2019 1st round pick.

If I am reading that correctly Wpg just got the Rangers #2 overall pick. Holy crap that's a price for a D-man!

Not # 2 overall. # 20.
OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired defenseman Jacob Trouba from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick in the 2019 #NHLDraft (originally from WPG).
Thanks given by: KNilsson14 , FlameFilosi4 , Bully
According to Elliott Friedman (and recent history).., Trouba had put up a tough negotiation every time his contract came up in Winnipeg, because he didn't want to be there long-term.  I suspect he will have better luck in the Big Apple than Tim Erixon, but I won't be disappointed if he struggles.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-17, 09:49 PM)Ramtuf Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 09:45 PM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote:

Not # 2 overall. # 20.
OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired defenseman Jacob Trouba from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick in the 2019 #NHLDraft (originally from WPG).
That makes more sense. I would hate it if Wpg got Kaapo Kakko to go with Laine Sad
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. - Churchill
Thanks given by:
@DarrenDreger
NHL and NHLPA meeting today. Among topics, next years cap projection. Some believe the cap will be around $82 mil. A lower cap means lower escrow. Obviously, teams with cap issues were hoping it would be closer to $83 mil. Should be finalized this week.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Multiple teams I’ve spoken to are very concerned about this cap forecast. Many fear that when the NHL and NHLPA settle on an upper limit this week, it will be LESS than $82M for next season, or an increase of only slightly more than $2M.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
This will no doubt cost some players their jobs. Teams will have to play hard ball with some if they hope to remain competitive. For the Flames that drop from 83M to 82M may mean a buyout for Stone and less money for any RFA not named Tkachuk.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
I doubt it will have much impact on the Flames salaries.  Treliving will move out or eliminate the contracts he doesn't want.
Thanks given by:
PHI and pending UFA Kevin Hayes are closing in on a multi-year contract with an AAV of around $7M. Term expected to be at least six years, perhaps seven. Prepare to take another UFA off the board.

Seven years, $50 million, $7.14M AAV
~~~
Teams continue to overpay for UFA's, regardless what the cap is doing.
I wanted Hayes for the Flames, but not at those numbers. tongue
Thanks given by:
I still don't understand why you are/were so high on Hayes.  He's a decent player, but hasn't been a difference-maker in any significant way.

And he does not play a position that is the weak point on the Flames roster.
Thanks given by:
Size, grit, and familiarity with Johnny that could potentially unlock more scoring ability. I can't believe Philly paid $7M for someone who has averaged 38 points a season these past 6 years.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4
I have rarely seen him play.., and the stats do not indicate grit.
I will take your word for it

You are not going to displace Monahan with a guy who averages 38 pts.
You are not going to displace Backlund with that...,
You are hoping that Jankowski develops into that or more...,
You are not going to displace Ryan with this coach calling the shots...,
Thanks given by:
Hayes plays RW even if Winnipeg had him at 3C.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
Steinnerd tweets

Just chatting with Craig Conroy and Tod Button of the #Flames here in Van. A few notes: -moving up from 26 going to be tough. Moving down more likely. -trade market quiet relative to other years. -team has a goalie they like at 26. -wide open at 26 overall. Really wide variance.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
No real news for the Flames yet..,
but TSN has a story saying that Chia Pet is in talks to join the Canucks management team.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-21, 12:01 AM)KNilsson14 Wrote: No real news for the Flames yet..,
but TSN has a story saying that Chia Pet is in talks to join the Canucks management team.

I bet nothing would bring Flames and Oil fans in agreement quicker than news that Chia does in fact join the Nucks
Thanks given by:
The upper limit for the salary cap this coming season has been set at $81.5M/ This leaves the Flames (currently) with $12,958,292 according to CapFriendly who's site has been updated. Just a wee bit less than the $14.5 or so that they thought they had.

Just a couple of big trades during this year's draft so I expect the real hockey deals will start to be made pretty quick. Especially if a team hopes to pick up a UFA or not to be vulnerable to an offer sheet.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Gasp! Blecklund over a Hokey Buzz says Calgary is hot on the trail of a goalie. He used large CAPS to emphasize his points. The Flames WILL Make a move for a goalie.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: