Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will they sign for?
What will they sign for? WILL they sign this off season?

Obviously Nylander must be resigned this year and the other could resign 1 July?

So how much?

Matthews 8 X $11,000,000

Marner 8 X 9,000,000

Nylander 8 X $7,000,000

Just guesses.
Thanks given by:
Matthews 10.5
Marner 8
Nylander 7
Thanks given by:
Matthews 8 years @ 10.75

Marner 8 years @ 7.25

Nylander 8 years @ 6.75

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Way too much for nylander and marner. They wont be getting more than 6.5

Matthew's will get 10 or 11 ala eichel
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Matthews is floored by Eichel and capped by McDavid.

I think he'll come in around $11M.
Thanks given by: colonel mustard
Matthews $11.6M
Marner $7.4M
Nylander $6.2 M and might be packaged in part for the top D man
"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"
Thanks given by:
Mathews 6@10.5 or 8@12
Marner 8@7.5
Nylander 6@6.5
Thanks given by:
Although I heard rumblings that Matthews is looking to wait until next off-season to sign, its starting to be pretty standard for the super-high end youngsters to sign that big contract a year in advance.

The question I have is if Marner is going to sign this year or if that deal will get done next off-season? I'm thinking the organization might want to get it done now because, if he breaks 70 points and approaches 80 (or more) next season, he's going to be much more expensive.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
if true. i think AM34 isd smart for waiing. he had an injury season but still manages over 30 goals in just over 60 games and just iover 60 pts. so really its not the biggest telling pt of AM34. if he had not been ibnjured. i think the boy would have hit over80 pts and be around 50 goals.

He could be waiting to see after next season so he can blow up his stats and get the most money

And he knows the cap is gooing up as well.

and he is NOT the only player or last player in pro hockey to use the raise of the cap to his advantage,
Thanks given by:
AM34 - 11.5
marner - 6.5
nylander - 5.5
top 4 D - 8 - 10
3rd line center - 3-4
Thanks given by:
Only way I see Nylander taking 5.5 mil per season is on a bridge deal
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 10:06 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Matthews is floored by Eichel and capped by McDavid.  

The cap is going up and player salaries increase year over year, so this is far from an absolute certainty.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(2018-06-13, 10:48 AM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 10:06 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Matthews is floored by Eichel and capped by McDavid.  

The cap is going up and player salaries increase year over year, so this is far from an absolute certainty.

I'm not the GM nor a representative of Matthews so, yes, its not an absolute certainty but it is my opinion and I would be highly surprised if he was $10M or under or $12.5M or over.

Do you think he will be under $10M or over $12.5M?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 10:48 AM)Limestoner Wrote:

thawrts what i basicallt said about am34. he could bewaiting until after next season because the cap is going up so he could get more money and p[lus be able to play a full season instead of missing 20 games but yet still scored over 30 goals and over 60 pts.

If he plays a full 82 games. i would not be shocked if he could hit 80-90 pts and around 50 goals next season to prove his case that he is worth that money and probly more due to the cap going up

Its no secret when the cap goes up, the salary of each player goes up.
Thanks given by:
so with the cap going up. am34 could possibly see a closer deal what mcdavid got.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 11:29 AM)LordFerg13 Wrote: so with the cap going up. am34 could possibly see a closer deal what mcdavid got.

he might but I don't imagine he gets $12.5M or higher, even if the cap goes up to $85M for the 2019/20 season.
Thanks given by:
If we can get the three signed for $25 million or less long term I’d consider it a success
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by: shadylane
(2018-06-12, 07:12 PM)zapzac Wrote: What will they sign for?  WILL they sign this off season?

Obviously Nylander must be resigned this year and the other could resign 1 July?

So how much?

Matthews 8 X $11,000,000

Marner 8 X 9,000,000

Nylander 8 X $7,000,000

Just guesses.

I DID say "Will they sign this year?"

Obviously both Matthews and Marner could wait, play another season, put up big numbers and get even more. OR they could have a so-so season and not gain or even lose.

Regardless, unless Matthews or Marner win the Art Ross, Lester Patrick, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup I don't see either getting MORE than McDavid.

I think if they have comparable seasons to last (with Cap going up) they might get a little more next year (500 K to 1 mil more than if they sign this 1 July)

I DO think that the Big Three have clearly distinguished themselves (Matthews >> Marner>>Nylander) but I also think Marner closed the gap somewhat on Matthews, hence the $2 mill difference between each.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 07:12 PM)zapzac Wrote: What will they sign for? WILL they sign this off season?

So how much?

Matthews 8 X $11,000,000

Marner 8 X 9,000,000

Nylander 8 X $7,000,000

Just guesses.

If the Leafs are skipping a bridge contract for Marner and still giving him $9M per, I wouldn't consider that a win for the Leafs. Only 10 players in the NHL have cap hits over $9M - 8 of them have better/longer resumes and the other 2 are more talented (McDavid, Eichel).

I'm with encore. If the Leafs can get them all signed long-term for under $25M per, that would be the best we could hope for IMO.

Matthews: $10.75 million x 8
- 2nd highest cap hit in the NHL behind McDavid.

Marner: $7.0 x 8
- A hair over Gaudreau's cap hit on the contract he signed two years ago ($6.75 x 6) but with two additional years for the Leafs. Gaudreau scored 12 more points in his first 2 seasons compared to Marner.

Nylander: $6.75 x 8
- Based on his production being slightly behind Marner's and the fact he hasn't made a true transition to centre yet.

Total cap hit: $24.5 million
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
(2018-06-13, 08:07 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 07:12 PM)zapzac Wrote: What will they sign for?  WILL they sign this off season?

So how much?

Matthews 8 X $11,000,000

Marner 8 X 9,000,000

Nylander 8 X $7,000,000

Just guesses.

If the Leafs are skipping a bridge contract for Marner and still giving him $9M per, I wouldn't consider that a win for the Leafs. Only 10 players in the NHL have cap hits over $9M - 8 of them have better/longer resumes and the other 2 are more talented (McDavid, Eichel).

I'm with encore. If the Leafs can get them all signed long-term for under $25M per, that would be the best we could hope for IMO.

Matthews: $10.75 million x 8
- 2nd highest cap hit in the NHL behind McDavid.

Marner: $7.0 x 8
- A hair over Gaudreau's cap hit on the contract he signed two years ago ($6.75 x 6) but with two additional years for the Leafs. Gaudreau scored 12 more points in his first 2 seasons compared to Marner.

Nylander: $6.75 x 8
- Based on his production being slightly behind Marner's and the fact he hasn't made a true transition to centre yet.

Total cap hit: $24.5 million

From Post #6
I never added a years number likely 8 years all three but I seem to be in the ball park with your numbers!

Matthews $11.6M
Marner $7.4M
Nylander $6.2 M and might be packaged in part for the top D man

Thanks given by: