Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will they sign for?
(2018-06-13, 08:07 PM)shadylane Wrote: Matthews: $10.75 million x 8
- 2nd highest cap hit in the NHL behind McDavid.

Depends on when he signs I think as Tavares, Doughy, Karlsson may all be over that AAV.

I would MUCH rather pay Matthews for his 20s than Tavares for his 30s.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(2018-06-13, 08:07 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 07:12 PM)zapzac Wrote: What will they sign for?  WILL they sign this off season?

Obviously Nylander must be resigned this year and the other could resign 1 July?

So how much?

Matthews 8 X $11,000,000

Marner 8 X 9,000,000

Nylander 8 X $7,000,000

Just guesses.

If the Leafs are skipping a bridge contract for Marner and still giving him $9M per, I wouldn't consider that a win for the Leafs. Only 10 players in the NHL have cap hits over $9M - 8 of them have better/longer resumes and the other 2 are more talented (McDavid, Eichel).

I'm with encore. If the Leafs can get them all signed long-term for under $25M per, that would be the best we could hope for IMO.

Matthews: $10.75 million x 8

Marner: $7.0 x 8
- A hair over Gaudreau's cap hit on the contract he signed two years ago ($6.75 x 6) but with two additional years for the Leafs. Gaudreau scored 12 more points in his first 2 seasons compared to Marner.

Nylander: $6.75 x 8
- Based on his production being slightly behind Marner's and the fact he hasn't made a true transition to centre yet.

Total cap hit: $24.5 million

Not arguing with you or Encore, less than $25 mil for all three would be good, less is even better.

Saying that, my figures add up to $27 mil, $2 mil over 25! I’d take that to have harmony.
Thanks given by:
Yeah we might be splitting hairs. I'm not going to cry over an additional $2.5M to these 3 players if some of the kids on the Marlies emerge.

But the Hawks haven't advanced past the 1st round since Toews and Kane started earning $10+ million, and neither have the Kings since Kopitar's $10m extension. In a cap world, every extra dollar spent puts more pressure on your development system to produce quality complimentary players on ELC's. If the Leafs go big on Matthews, Marner and Nylander, I just hope the Marlies can be an elite pipeline for the next 5+ years.
Thanks given by:
As an outsider would think Matthew for 8 @ 10.5M/year, Marner for 8 @ $8M/year (somewhere less than Draisaital) and Nylander for 8 @ 6.0. I think for Marner and Nylander the Draisaitl and Pastrnak are comparable contracts respectively. Don't think the 2 leaf players are as good but the cap has also gone up since those were signed so will be in that ball park. I'm sure it gets done around $25M range for the three.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 09:43 PM)zapzac Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 08:07 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 07:12 PM)zapzac Wrote: What will they sign for?  WILL they sign this off season?

Obviously Nylander must be resigned this year and the other could resign 1 July?

So how much?

Matthews 8 X $11,000,000

Marner 8 X 9,000,000

Nylander 8 X $7,000,000

Just guesses.

If the Leafs are skipping a bridge contract for Marner and still giving him $9M per, I wouldn't consider that a win for the Leafs. Only 10 players in the NHL have cap hits over $9M - 8 of them have better/longer resumes and the other 2 are more talented (McDavid, Eichel).

I'm with encore. If the Leafs can get them all signed long-term for under $25M per, that would be the best we could hope for IMO.

Matthews: $10.75 million x 8

Marner: $7.0 x 8
- A hair over Gaudreau's cap hit on the contract he signed two years ago ($6.75 x 6) but with two additional years for the Leafs. Gaudreau scored 12 more points in his first 2 seasons compared to Marner.

Nylander: $6.75 x 8
- Based on his production being slightly behind Marner's and the fact he hasn't made a true transition to centre yet.

Total cap hit: $24.5 million

Not arguing with you or Encore, less than $25 mil for all three would be good, less is even better.

Saying that, my figures add up to $27 mil, $2 mil over 25!  I’d take that to have harmony.
if mitchy and am34 are going to wait til next year, i would be ok with that. Leafs can get what they need this summer (top 4 d-man, 3rd line center) then next summer leafswill have a better look at their possible new contracts to offer them.
Thanks given by:
trying to fit

am34
mitchy
nylander
top 4 d-man
3rd line center

all at the same time could be hectic and they or no one really knows what the exact cap will be for next season. plus leafs have other rfa's to look after as well. i'd worry about nylander, top 4 d-man and 3rd line center, get that done and over with,
Thanks given by:
Simulated a full season of NHL18 last night.

Leafs ended up against Boston in Round 1, and lost in 7.

Jake Gardiner was a -3 in game 7.

Weeeird.

On the plus side, and as it pertains to this thread, Nylander signed 5years 5.75M/per.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(2018-06-14, 08:15 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Simulated a full season of NHL18 last night.

Weeeird.  

On the plus side, and as it pertains to this thread, Nylander signed 5years 5.75M/per.

Announced?
Thanks given by:
I think he means in the video game simulation
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by: Lumbergh
(2018-06-14, 09:17 AM)MisterZ Wrote: I think he means in the video game simulation

Yeah I believe he was talking in the video game.  lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 09:14 AM)zapzac Wrote:
(2018-06-14, 08:15 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Simulated a full season of NHL18 last night.

Weeeird.  

Announced?

Well, I told my wife after I did it, if that counts. 

Z knows.
Thanks given by:
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-tra...rs~1417629

Matthews 20% of cap hit, Zona will send Toronto a OS! ~16M?
Marner 10M *8.  Marner is rumored to be asking for Jack Eichel money!
Nylander 9M *8  Nylander will be asking for Drai money!

Good luck Toronto!
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by: