Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the 2nd best player in the NHL?
I mentioned this last night, imo it's MacKinnon. And it has nothing to do with his performance last night. I've been on the Nathan MacKinnon bandwagon since last year. Imo he got robbed of the MVP last season.

Thanks given by:
In the running, MacKinnon, Barkov, Kucherov, Crosby, Kane, Giordano, Hedman, etc.

Next tier includes Ovechkin, Drai, Marner, Matthews, Marchand, Huberdeau, Riley, Burns, etc.
Thanks given by:
Between kucherov and MacKinnon.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by: teamblue
The man's a beast and I absolutely love watching him play. I'd probably have to echo your sentiment. He's now tearing it up against a tough Flames team in the playoffs and they have no answer for him thus far.

Probably my single biggest disappointment of there being no NHLers in the past olympics was not being able to watch Team Canada roll the likes of McDavid, MacKinnon and Crosby over the boards shift after shift.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Despite Kucherov's playoff struggles, it's hard not to give him a really long look.

His 128 points this year was 12 more than #2 in the league, and the most by any player in more than 10 years. Last year he was #3 in points, and the year before he was #5. So he's consistently been right near the top for multiple years now.

In those 3 years, here are the league rankings in points:

McDavid - 324 (1.34 PPG)
Kucherov - 313 (1.33 PPG)
Crosby - 278 (1.18 PPG)
Kane - 275 (1.13 PPG)
Marchand - 270 (1.19 PPG)
Wheeler - 256 (1.04 PPG)
Draisaitl - 252 (1.04 PPG)
MacKinnon - 249 (1.05 PPG)
Ovechkin - 245 (1.00 PPG)
Giroux - 245 (1.00 PPG)
(2019-04-16, 05:03 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: Probably my single biggest disappointment of there being no NHLers in the past olympics was not being able to watch Team Canada roll the likes of McDavid, MacKinnon and Crosby over the boards shift after shift.

Couldn't agree more. Hockey fans were robbed of seeing one of the most talented Team Canada line ups of all time.

It's a toss up between MacKinnon or Kucherov for me. Barkov explodes offensively this year and if he can maintain that he might end up being a more offensive Bergeron which is just flippin scary
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
MacKinnon reminds me of a RH Joe Sakic. His release and shot is unreal, along with his ability to jump into the soft areas to get it away.
Hope is a necessary evil of being a fan. Otherwise, what are you cheering for? Only one team wins, what is it called for the other 30 that don’t if not hoping they win?
Thanks given by:
Not to mention his elite skating - powerful, powerful skater.
Thanks given by:
I gotta say NM has made me eat crow. I'm a huge Seth Jones fan and thought that Jones dropping to #4 during that draft was a travesty but NM has shown (as of now) that he was worth the pick. I still think Jones will win a couple of Norris trophies by the end of his career but I don't know if he's as good a defender as NM is centre. 

Also, I wouldn't say NM was robbed of the Hart. He would've been a fine pick, but this season just reinforced how badly NJD needed Hall to play the way they did to make the playoffs.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
NM is great, but Hall definitely earned his Hart last year.

Based on numbers, it's difficult not to pick Kucherov, but I don't get many chances to see him play, so I don't know.

But like I said last night, NM is the best contract in the league and will be for the next 4-years.  I imagine he gets paid handsomely after that.

Kucherov is actually a bit of a steal at 9.5, too.
Thanks given by:
Ryan Poehling. Grin
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 07:34 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Ryan Poehling.  Grin

The guy is averaging 3-goals a game in the NHL, I can't believe we've overlooked him.
Thanks given by:
Mcdavid
Long you live and high you fly...
Thanks given by: Bong13
Mitch Marner IMHO.  Happy
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
William Nylander....
Thanks given by:
this is the first time since his rookie season that Crosby has not won a playoff game, that is bananas.
Put some of the best/second best player discussion into perspective.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 07:00 AM)Pouzar Wrote: William Nylander....

Icon_razz Icon_razz  He's not even second best on the Leafs.......
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 07:05 AM)himmelblau Wrote: this is the first time since his rookie season that Crosby has not won a playoff game, that is bananas.  
Put some of the best/second best player discussion into perspective.

Crosby will go down as one of the best players of this generation and all time. 

At this point in time though, considering age and other factors, I would take a few players over him.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 04:33 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: I mentioned this last night, imo it's MacKinnon. And it has nothing to do with his performance last night. I've been on the Nathan MacKinnon bandwagon since last year. Imo he got robbed of the MVP last season.

Cole Harbour/Population 25 000 

i don't think MacKinnon is there yet but he will be.he is exaclty as he was touted when he was younger.! imagine a small sleepy fishing village on the east coast with a population under 30 000 has produced two of the very finest to play the game..
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 05:00 PM)Pouzar Wrote: In the running, MacKinnon, Barkov, Kucherov, Crosby, Kane, Giordano, Hedman, etc.

Next tier includes Ovechkin, Drai, Marner, Matthews, Marchand, Huberdeau, Riley, Burns, etc.

Barzel??  but I am good with Mackinnon
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by: