Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who to draft at #5
So I just finished watching 17 year old future canuck, Gabriel Vilardi, single handedly carry on his back the Windsor spitfires kicking and screaming into the Memorial cup final.   Wink

Seriously though, the kid looked pretty good. IMO
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-24, 09:06 PM)trapper Wrote: So I just finished watching 17 year old future canuck, Gabriel Vilardi, single handedly carry on his back the Windsor spitfires kicking and screaming into the Memorial cup final.   Wink

With future Utica HC Rocky Thompson behind the bench?

Heard he is a slow skater but the said the same thing about Horvat.
Thanks given by:
Big solid centre-forward who can score. Has come back from injuries and was a top player in the World Junior U-17s. Displays a two-way game, great skills, and uses his body to make space. Best player in the OHL. Smart, strong, and strong on the puck. Strong on the cycle, makes terrific feeds to his teammates, and dominates when pucks are in contention. Can come off the edge with truly strong power moves to the front. He has shown true goal scoring abilities and projects as, at the very least, a top six scorer if the trends continue to improve.
--Bill Placzek--

The bolded is what I noticed tonight. He's 17. Pretty sure he can improve his skating. Plenty of others have.
Thanks given by:
He reminds of Keith Primeau
Thanks given by:
Vilardi is slowly growing on me. But if i'm Benning, i still would take Middelstadt or Glass over Vilardi.

Thanks given by:
For those who missed it, here it is:

http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/video/sa...highlights

The only issue now might be that this pushes him clearly into the three or four spot.

Players have real problems trying to keep him along the boards and controlling his stick. He is hell behind the net for defensemen.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-25, 10:10 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: For those who missed it, here it is:

The only issue now might be that this pushes him clearly into the three or four spot.

Players have real problems trying to keep him along the boards and controlling his stick. He is hell behind the net for defensemen.

Both Dallas and Colorado need defencemen badly. They don't need centers. Unless they are religiously BPA and they see the ranking exactly the same there's a good chance at Vilardi IMO.

I'd like a real ass-kicker on the first line of the future although it doesn't have to be at center.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-25, 10:57 AM)Marsh Wrote:
(2017-05-25, 10:10 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: For those who missed it, here it is:

Both Dallas and Colorado need defencemen badly. They don't need centers. Unless they are religiously BPA and they see the ranking exactly the same there's a good chance at Vilardi IMO.

I'd like a real ass-kicker on the first line of the future although it doesn't have to be at center.

And I have a list of asses I'd like to see kicked.
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-25, 01:50 AM)Canuxxx Wrote: Vilardi is slowly growing on me. But if i'm Benning, i still would take Middelstadt or Glass over Vilardi.

Between those three? I would draft whoever is the toughest, and if two are close, then the biggest

Wanna bet they are all gone at 5??
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-24, 09:35 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 09:06 PM)trapper Wrote: So I just finished watching 17 year old future canuck, Gabriel Vilardi, single handedly carry on his back the Windsor spitfires kicking and screaming into the Memorial cup final.   Wink

With future Utica HC Rocky Thompson behind the bench?

Heard he is a slow skater but the said the same thing about Horvat.

The very LAST thing our scouts need to do is listen to someone else's opinion about 'how he skates'  I can give you a nice list of forwards who were reportedly poor skaters. Can start with one of the fastest in his day; Glenn Anderson.

Central scouting reports remind me of Goldman Sachs and how they trash talk stocks.. only to see big block purchases a couple of days later.. after they sag 4-5%
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by: