Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was/is your favourite unsung Habs player
With everyone cannibalizing each other lately, how about something a little lighter as we wait patiently for MB to pick Jett Woo third overall and unleash my torrent of Ric Flair GIFs?

Who was/is your favourite Hab that wasn't a superstar or even necessarily a star? Just someone you liked for whatever reason.

As I kid, I had a bizarre fascination with Gaston Gingras.

I also always appreciated Mike McPhee.

My loins still ache for DD, but if he can't be re-signed, there's really no one on our nondescript current roster I've taken a shine to. I guess watching Deslauriers take 176 strides in between blue-lines gives me some joy, so there's that. I'm hoping Juulsen (who made my 'who's that' list as a junior) can step up for me.

What sez you?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 06:55 PM)RightNyder Wrote: With everyone cannibalizing each other lately, how about something a little lighter as we wait patiently for MB to pick Jett Woo third overall and unleash my torrent of Ric Flair GIFs?

Who was/is your favourite Hab that wasn't a superstar or even necessarily a star? Just someone you liked for whatever reason.

My loins still ache for DD, but if he can't be re-signed, there's really no one on our nondescript current roster I've taken a shine to. I guess watching Deslauriers take 176 strides in between blue-lines gives me some joy, so there's that. I'm hoping Juulsen (who made my 'who's that' list as a junior) can step up for me.

What sez you?
I remember seeing McPhee pull a Mario Lemieux for the time, cut through the D and score with two players literally hanging off of him. I was fond of both Skrudland and McPhee who always came to the rink with their lunch pail to put the work in. Wasn't a fan of Keane (as honest a hockey player as he was) and Gilchrist who I saw undeservedly as the coach's pets, getting the type of privileged deployments we later saw with Moen and such.

I'm just wondering where the Perez fan club disappeared to (Perezhogin), along with the Jan Bulis fan club?
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 07:13 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 06:55 PM)RightNyder Wrote: With everyone cannibalizing each other lately, how about something a little lighter as we wait patiently for MB to pick Jett Woo third overall and unleash my torrent of Ric Flair GIFs?

What sez you?
I remember seeing McPhee pull a Mario Lemieux for the time, cut through the D and score with two players literally hanging off of him. I was fond of both Skrudland and McPhee who always came to the rink with their lunch pail to put the work in. Wasn't a fan of Keane (as honest a hockey player as he was) and Gilchrist who I saw undeservedly as the coach's pets, getting the type of privileged deployments we later saw with Moen and such.

I'm just wondering where the Perez fan club disappeared to (Perezhogin), along with the Jan Bulis fan club?
I'm of a younger vintage, so for me it was always Lyle Odelein.

I'll always remember that game where he got the hat trick.....  Tough as nails dude, who'd stick up for anyone.  And that crazy smile, especially after a good old hockey fight.  He was boss.
Thanks given by:
I liked Pierre Mondou and of course Odelein. As for today I like Danalt and Deslauriers.

On a side note, Pierre Mondou's actual name is composed of FIVE names and two of which are of a Habs coach; which coach? You can cheat if ya want since this is such an obscure question.
Thanks given by:
Used to live two corners away from the old forum and would cross the tabs at Moe's after the games. Odelein was a fun-loving guy, but he definitely wasn't in the same clique as Recchi who would ignore him as he passed him by to go sit at the counter on his own. Odelein had a lot of friends on the Habs who surely must've respected what he was willing to do to stand up to them.

Always had a feeling that Recchi was a loner on that team...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Odelien is a real good one. I always liked Keane, Carbo, Skrudland, Mcphee and more recently Gorges. He was all in as a Hab. I realise his game had it's shortcomings but there's something to be said about a guy who commits himself like that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 07:15 PM)Habysmal Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 07:13 PM)Scriptor Wrote:

What sez you?

I'm of a younger vintage, so for me it was always Lyle Odelein.

I'll always remember that game where he got the hat trick.....  Tough as nails dude, who'd stick up for anyone.  And that crazy smile, especially after a good old hockey fight.  He was boss.

Loved this playing after his fights:

Thanks given by: Habysmal , Albert Burtlap
Nilan, Lehkonen, Jarvis, Pleks, Kostopolous!

Lemaire. Money player, just like Dryden noted in The Game.

If you were unassuming, but added to the team's effort through guts, talent, or plain hard work, I liked you.

If you were just going through the motions, or even worse, then I'd want you to be traded.

Right now, I'd like MB to be traded...lol.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 07:24 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Used to live two corners away from the old forum and would cross the tabs at Moe's after the games. Odelein was a fun-loving guy, but he definitely wasn't in the same clique as Recchi who would ignore him as he passed him by to go sit at the counter on his own. Odelein had a lot of friends on the Habs who surely must've respected what he was willing to do to stand up to them.

To be fair, studying for your medical exams while also being a pro hockey player doesn't leave a lot of time for socializing.
Thanks given by: Habysmal
My very first fav was Gump Worsley. Each teams over the year had a fav, not star, player. Byron is my fav now.
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 07:30 PM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 07:24 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Used to live two corners away from the old forum and would cross the tabs at Moe's after the games. Odelein was a fun-loving guy, but he definitely wasn't in the same clique as Recchi who would ignore him as he passed him by to go sit at the counter on his own. Odelein had a lot of friends on the Habs who surely must've respected what he was willing to do to stand up to them.

To be fair, studying for your medical exams while also being a pro hockey player doesn't leave a lot of time for socializing.
lol. He had a degree in Finance from university, though. He sure loved to read the business section in the gazette (alone at the counter). I'll go on a limb and guess that he invested in the stock market...
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 07:34 PM)Leb7 Wrote: My very first fav was Gump Worsley. Each teams over the year had a fav, not star, player. Byron is my fav now.
I liked the speedy little Petrov.

Of course Naslund was another good one.
Thanks given by: Bong13
No laughing..Richard Zednik..
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by: Bong13
Brian Skrudland.

Those were good days to be a Habs fan, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccduZRTZVdA
Les Canadiens de Mont Royal vont gagner la Coupe Stanley trois fois au cours du 21e siècle

Nostradamus 1552
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 08:03 PM)Mavid Wrote: No laughing..Richard Zednik..

[Image: snicker-gif.gif]

I kid. There's no right or wrong answers here. I remember briefly being enthused by the presence of Steve Martinson.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 08:03 PM)Mavid Wrote: No laughing..Richard Zednik..

That's was my pick as well
Thanks given by:
Claude Larose
Bobby Rousseau
Dick Duff
JC Tremblay
Pierre Mondou
Doug Risebrough
Mike McPhee
Ryan Walter
Rick Green
Tomas Plekanec Happy