Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Jets be elite in 2018/19?
(2019-01-24, 04:07 PM)theDC Wrote: The only thing I'd say is missing from this team is a mean streak. I would love a guy who ever now and then loses it and destroys someone, legally, illegally, I don't care. IMO, one of Pronger's greatest attributes was his willingness to hurt someone. It made guys think twice about entering the zone no his side, he'd win board battles cause guys would bail out.

This team doesn't have that guy. Even with Lemieux, who is that kind of guy, he's just not big enough to be threatening to any big body.

What an odd thing to be a fan of.. Goons have gone the way of the dodo bird. Thankfully. It should have happened years ago. Nobody needs idiots like that.

Buff is plenty tough enough.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-24, 06:04 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2019-01-24, 04:11 PM)bicboi Wrote: I mean Big Buff is kinda that no?

Nope, he doesn't cross the line, I mean someone who will.

Zack Kassian would fit the bill for you
Hope is a necessary evil of being a fan. Otherwise, what are you cheering for? Only one team wins, what is it called for the other 30 that don’t if not hoping they win?
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-24, 06:30 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2019-01-24, 04:07 PM)theDC Wrote: The only thing I'd say is missing from this team is a mean streak. I would love a guy who ever now and then loses it and destroys someone, legally, illegally, I don't care. IMO, one of Pronger's greatest attributes was his willingness to hurt someone. It made guys think twice about entering the zone no his side, he'd win board battles cause guys would bail out.

This team doesn't have that guy. Even with Lemieux, who is that kind of guy, he's just not big enough to be threatening to any big body.

What an odd thing to be a fan of.. Goons have gone the way of the dodo bird. Thankfully. It should have happened years ago. Nobody needs idiots like that.

Buff is plenty tough enough.

Not quite my meaning, though, I totally understand why you'd think that's what I meant. 

Tough doesn't = mean, I want some meanness. 
I don't want a goon who can only play dirty. I want a skill player with a bit of a mean streak, not a goon, just someone who every now and then just goes overboard, not kills guys, obviously, but scares them. 

I think Trouba could be that guy, but he's not there just yet.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-24, 11:24 PM)teamblue Wrote:

Yeah, he's close to it for sure. Would rather it be a defender, but in this game, you take what you can get.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-25, 10:33 AM)theDC Wrote:

Yeah, he's close to it for sure. Would rather it be a defender, but in this game, you take what you can get.

Radko Gudas’ name has been thrown around as being available. Seems to be the type you’re looking for.
Hope is a necessary evil of being a fan. Otherwise, what are you cheering for? Only one team wins, what is it called for the other 30 that don’t if not hoping they win?
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-25, 11:45 AM)teamblue Wrote:

Radko Gudas’ name has been thrown around as being available. Seems to be the type you’re looking for.

Not sure he gets into the roster with Trouba, Myers, and Buff in front of him, but yes, this is the type I'm talking about. Not a guy who goes out hunting for someone to hurt, but every now and then reminds people he's capable of it
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-25, 12:47 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2019-01-24, 06:04 PM)theDC Wrote: Nope, he doesn't cross the line, I mean someone who will.

Not sure he gets into the roster with Trouba, Myers, and Buff in front of him, but yes, this is the type I'm talking about. Not a guy who goes out hunting for someone to hurt, but every now and then reminds people he's capable of it

I forgot he was RD. I think something around a Myers for Simmonds/Gudas type deal might make some sense. Both Myers and Simmonds are pending UFAs. Not sure what either team would add, but could be a base of a deal. Haven’t watched either team enough this year to know for sure if that would work out. Are the Jets trying to keep Myers?
Thanks given by:
A deal centered around Myers for Gudas and Simmons would be pretty interesting for both teams. I think Winnipeg would have to add something like Copp or Lemieux or draft picks to even it out a bit since Gudas has term on his contract?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: teamblue
(2019-01-25, 01:06 PM)teamblue Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 12:47 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2019-01-24, 11:24 PM)teamblue Wrote: Zack Kassian would fit the bill for you

I forgot he was RD. I think something around a Myers for Simmonds/Gudas type deal might make some sense. Both Myers and Simmonds are pending UFAs. Not sure what either team would add, but could be a base of a deal. Haven’t watched either team enough this year to know for sure if that would work out. Are the Jets trying to keep Myers?

Myers, IMO anyway, is their overall best defenseman. Morrissey and Trouba will eventually surpass him, but they aren't there yet, so I'd hope they are trying to keep him.
Thanks given by: teamblue