Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Hockey Championship
Is this still happening? Haven’t heard anything about Team Canada roster. Don’t we usually hear about invites by this time?
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 07:39 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Is this still happening? Haven’t heard anything about Team Canada roster. Don’t we usually hear about invites by this time?

Here you go, Sean.

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm

Doesn't start until May 29th.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 05:36 AM)Viable Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 07:39 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Is this still happening? Haven’t heard anything about Team Canada roster. Don’t we usually hear about invites by this time?

Here you go, Sean.

Oh boy, still a ways off. Doubtful to see the likes of Mcdavid, Crosby and Stamkos I suppose 

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 06:08 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Here you go, Sean.

Oh boy, still a ways off. Doubtful to see the likes of Mcdavid, Crosby and Stamkos I suppose 

Thanks

Actually, all the players you mention have been eliminated from the play-offs so they are available. No doubt all of those Canadians (and many more) will be available this year and will no doubt be invited to play. The NHL's loss is our gain.  Silly
Thanks given by:

Here you go, Sean.

Thanks

McDavid went last year and would, presumably go this year, but he got injured in the last game (torn PCL - no surgery required) and he won't be available.
Thanks given by:
May 29th seems like s really late start
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 07:53 AM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: May 29th seems like s really late start

It does.

Which is why it actually starts May 10th.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 06:52 AM)Viable Wrote:

Here you go, Sean.

Thanks

Actually, all the players you mention have been eliminated from the play-offs so they are available. No doubt all of those Canadians (and many more) will be available this year and will no doubt be invited to play. The NHL's loss is our gain.  Silly

I figured after McDavid's injury and scare he would perhaps pass and Crosby and Stamkos perhaps won't have the will or "energetic youthfulness" after their disappointing endings. Would be great if they decided to play though. Always fun watching those guys on larger ice surfaces
Thanks given by: SenStanley
I don’t agree about fun watching these guys on larger ice surfaces and the larger ice leads to much more defensive games - it stifles offence as the puck and play can be pushed to the outside, so far from the net.

It’s why we often see the lesser countries put pretty big scares in to the powerhouse countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: HaroldSnepsts
To me, the whole thing is a farce. Hockey should be played in the WINTER

Too many 'mean nothing' tournaments for my liking. How many are there now? I lost count at 5
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 07:55 AM)25YearRebuild Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 07:53 AM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: May 29th seems like s really late start

It does.

Which is why it actually starts May 10th.

My bad. It starts May 10th.  Icon_razz
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 12:02 PM)Highstyx Wrote: To me, the whole thing is a farce. Hockey should be played in the WINTER

Too many 'mean nothing' tournaments for my liking. How many are there now? I lost count at 5

Dont be selfish, just because it doesn't mean anything to you doesn't mean that it means nothing to everyone, especially the host cities and fans of hockey in Europe.

Also, some of us don't mind watching hockey in the spring and I'm glad the off season is only 3 months.
Thanks given by: Mavid
I’ll be tuning in for sure. Players that are there definitely care. There is a “range of skill” but, whatever, good hockey nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 03:56 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 12:02 PM)Highstyx Wrote: To me, the whole thing is a farce. Hockey should be played in the WINTER

Dont be selfish, just because it doesn't mean anything to you doesn't mean that it means nothing to everyone, especially the host cities and fans of hockey in Europe.

Also, some of us don't mind watching hockey in the spring and I'm glad the off season is only 3 months.

It’s still playing for your country. These guys aren’t being paid to be there, so they’re there for love of game and country. Means something to them.
Thanks given by: Viable
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
Orlov, Ovie and Kuznetsov all going for Russia.
Thanks given by:

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen from a hockey fan.
I mean...come on.... the Stanley Cup playoffs start in April and finish in June!
Thanks given by:
My favourite hockey tourney of the year.

GO CANADA GO!!!!
Thanks given by:
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-27, 03:26 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Would rather see that than a shootout.
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by: