Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Juniors
Starts tomorrow, bring it on!

btw, the Hockey Canada page blows chunks, so if you're looking for schedule info, check out the IIHF site.

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm20/schedule
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: MisterZ
Looking forward to it. Love watching this tournament, some of the most exciting hockey you'll see.

Thanks for the link Lime.
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
It's great for us on the west coast that it's here this year. Some rule changes this year, especially the late hit after the puck has been let go. This one is bound to cause frustration and some controversy.
Thanks given by:
Will be sitting in a suite for the Canada Russia game on New Years eve
Thanks given by: FormalWare
(2018-12-25, 11:10 PM)MDMN1017 Wrote: Will be sitting in a suite for the Canada Russia game on New Years eve

Me too. A hotel suite in Singapore.

Hope they make the gold medal game so I can watch after my holiday.
Thanks given by:
Not a very strong Canada team this year. The usual suspects are favoured. Only one returning player from last year's roster. Comtois is a beast but I think he won't be enough on his own.

Go Canada Go!!!!  Happy
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
Go Canada Go..thanks for the link, its always hard to find a decent site for the games and times.
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
anyone watching right now this might get ugly lol
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
5-0 Canada, early in the second.

domination so far.
Thanks given by:
7-0 now. Not so enjoyable. Denmark not really competitive.

Games like this are the one downside of these kinds of international tournaments.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
oh my...8-0
Thanks given by:
wow...blatent baseball swing.

Danes don't care.
Thanks given by:
man watching people in the stands freak out with every goal makes me hate canadians just a little. Imagine being at a harlem Globetrotters game and losing your mind with each basket. This outcome was NEVER in doubt. Canucks need to chill.
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-26, 09:56 PM)fogtown Wrote: man watching people in the stands freak out with every goal makes me hate canadians just a little. Imagine being at a harlem Globetrotters game and losing your mind with each basket. This outcome was NEVER in doubt. Canucks need to chill.

Its worse than a Globetrotters game...

there are no Washington Generals fans in the crowd feeling bad that their team is losing.

that said...the Canadian hockey fans paid money to watch their team.  Watching your team score is part of that experience.  Its a home game...large percentage of fans in the stands are Canadian...party time.
Thanks given by:
You misspelled "cash grab"
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
10-0...two players with hat tricks.
Thanks given by:
Did Canada really score an empty net goal or is TSN's game feed screwed up?
Thanks given by:
Canada up by 2 TD's.
Thanks given by:
14-0 final

As long this tourney uses goal differential as a tiebreak, you can't hold it against teams to keep playing hard, and "running up the score".
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-26, 09:56 PM)fogtown Wrote: man watching people in the stands freak out with every goal makes me hate canadians just a little. Imagine being at a harlem Globetrotters game and losing your mind with each basket. This outcome was NEVER in doubt. Canucks need to chill.

What kind of bothered me was the goal announcer. Even when we were up by 10 he continued with the 'Wooooo!' after every goal. Seriously?
Happy for the great start but come on......
Thanks given by: