Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Juniors
Hearing that Ryan Poehling from the US voted player of the tournament, and Alex Romanov from Russia as top defenseman.

Not sure about goalie...
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-05, 10:40 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Hearing that Ryan Poehling from the US voted player of the tournament, and Alex Romanov from Russia as top defenseman.

Not sure about goalie...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that both are Hab prospects. Grin
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-05, 08:23 AM)Viable Wrote:
(2019-01-05, 02:25 AM)Sasquatch Wrote: Now they are saying comtois played the wjc with a separated shoulder.

Why....... Why....... Why........ would he be taking the penalty shot then.

Fake injury to cover up his play. Or is Tim Hunter that bad of a coach or if he didn't know. Is Comtois that bad of a captain.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Let it go, Sasquatch. It's played every year. Next year is a new one.
European teams are getting better by learning and fine-tuning their game on Canadian teams. It's really starting to show.
The games were much, much better and interesting when no one knew their opposition at all. When every team didn't use the exact same system.
You should be happy, shouldn't you? Aren't we supposed to all love Europeans?  Plain

Everybody understands that the entire world is catching up to the Canadians and Russians in hockey.   Er..caught up, I mean.     I applaud and am proud of it.....many of the American stars are the result of Canadians meeting and marrying US ladies during their hockey career producing gifted little skaters.   

Squatch's point is WHY would a guy with a bum shoulder be picked to take the penalty shot?    Makes no sense when every single player on the team is more than capable.      Reminds me of not picking Gretzky in the SO those many years ago.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-05, 11:02 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2019-01-05, 10:40 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Hearing that Ryan Poehling from the US voted player of the tournament, and Alex Romanov from Russia as top defenseman.

Not sure about goalie...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that both are Hab prospects.  Grin

Poehling is going to be a beaut!
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by: maclintock

Not sure about goalie...

Hard to believe that Romanov won the best D man and according to someone he was not Russia’s #1 D man lmao,   Yup he has an absolute cannon and is going to be a good one.
Poehling is also a stud
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-06, 08:44 AM)maclintock Wrote:

Not sure about goalie...

Hard to believe that Romanov won the best D man and according to someone he was not Russia’s #1 D man lmao,   Yup he has an absolute cannon and is going to be a good one.
Poehling is also a stud

The Russian Pyotr Kochetkov was voted goalie of the tourney.

And Mac, I think that Samarukov guy will be a good one as well. Heck, you probably could have used him last night.. Wink
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-06, 08:44 AM)maclintock Wrote:

Not sure about goalie...

Poehling is also a stud

Romanov had a great offensive tournament. - well deserved the honor

He played significantly less minutes per game than Samorukov mind you - Samorukov played the most minutes for team Russia.
Thanks given by:
Finland played great. I'm going to miss that Swiss coach, however
Thanks given by:
Vitali Kravstov played the playoffs with a torn tricep.
Thanks given by:
Congrats to Finland. Happy they took that home

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: