Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling is so bad now. Reigns vs Brock AGAIN!!! Summerslam
Such a predictable product. 

Somebody has to be able to make something better than this boring crap week after week?
Thanks given by:
Wrestling is awesome now.

Maybe not if you only watch Raw, but Raw isn’t the entirety of wrestling.

Smackdown is good, NXT is great, Impact is getting back on track(just had a hell of a show on Sunday), ROH is high quality as normal, the UK wrestling scene is RED HOT and New Japan is simply the best damn thing going in pro wrestling.

I think we can all agree that no one wants to see Reigns vs Lesnar 37, but there’s more to enjoy in wrestling than there’s ever been before. All you have to do is look for it.
Thanks given by: Justaleafan
Yeah...NXT is amazing...every Takeover show, is better than the main roster show of that weekend...that includes Wrestlemania weekend!
Thanks given by:
Booking is the biggest issue. 

Who wants to see another Lesnar/Reigns match?

Thanks given by:
(2018-07-24, 11:44 AM)Canuxxx Wrote: Booking is the biggest issue. 

I am okay with one more...if it means the belt is coming off Lesnar...

That said...I would have been more interested in Lashley v Lesnar.
Thanks given by:
Another one is AJ Styles. He is by far the best performer they have, and one of the best ever. Why is he on SD? no one watches that show. Put him on RAW. That's where the big boys play. 

Also, heard that Kenny Omega's contract with NJPW will expire after this year. He is the best wrestler on the planet. Would love to see hom sign with the WWE. 

AJ Styles vs Kenny Omega = Dream match.

Thanks given by:
(2018-07-24, 12:36 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Another one is AJ Styles. He is by far the best performer they have, and one of the best ever. Why is he on SD? no one watches that show. Put him on RAW. That's where the big boys play. 

Also, heard that Kenny Omega's contract with NJPW will expire after this year. He is the best wrestler on the planet. Would love to see hom sign with the WWE. 

AJ Styles vs Kenny Omega = Dream match.

Omega has been signing 1 year deals for the last few years. Ending in the post Wrestle Kingdom period in January. WWE have approached him each of the past couple of years and he turned them down. New Japan finally put the big belt on him and have made it known they want him to stay. I doubt we see Omega in a WWE ring in the next few years. Unless HHH can convince Vince that cross promotion with NJPW could be beneficial.

Interesting piece of trivia about your “Dream Match”. After Omega’s time in WWE developmental he became very despondent with the business. To the point he was preparing to quit. In the match he planned on being his final match he faced AJ Styles. That match convinced him to give pro wrestling another chance.
Thanks given by:

That's what happens when you have college kids writing scripts for wrestlers instead of them just speaking to the crowd naturally.

Also doesnt help when someone comes in white hot from NXT then proceeds to get buried week after week by inferior talent. Asuka and Bobby Roode are prime examples of this.
Thanks given by:
TNA Slammiversary was better than almost all WWE PPV this year and maybe one of the best anywhere had it not been for 1 match.

Sami Callahan vs Pentagon Jr. is hands down the best PPV match I've seen so far...including New Japan and NXT.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-26, 03:22 PM)Plummer Wrote: TNA Slammiversary was better than almost all WWE PPV this year and maybe one of the best anywhere had it not been for 1 match.

Sami Callahan vs Pentagon Jr. is hands down the best PPV match I've seen so far...including New Japan and NXT.

I liked Sami vs Pentagon a lot, but it wouldn’t make my top 10 ppv matches this year if you’re including NXT and NJPW. Omega vs Okada IV and Gargano vs Ciampa I in particular were at a different level.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-24, 12:16 PM)Chris D Wrote:

I am okay with one more...if it means the belt is coming off Lesnar...

That said...I would have been more interested in Lashley v Lesnar.

Lesnar is an ass who shows up about as often as the Undertaker, but honestly, would he dare be so absent if the WWE didn't allow him?

The whole quality of the product is down the drain, not so much because of the quality wrestlers, but because the damn storylines and bookings that are full of holes...or ongoing disputes that go on for months and are boring the hell out of us (Brock vs. Reigns)...or have feuds that come out of nowhere and don't have enough time to get built up, like AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe, or people like Alicia Fox who has no point in her wrestling life, while others like Randy Orton and Big Show who switch sides about as often as I change underwear.

And yes, one day, Lashley vs. Lesnar would be fun!
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by: Sportking
You want good wrestling watch the G1 from NJPW that just finished a couple of days ago. B Block in particular was insane.
Thanks given by:
Summerslam was actually pretty good.

Lesnar is no longer champ. It was a short match. I do t even care it was Reigns to dethrone him. Would hope to never see Lesnar again...but I fear he will be around at least one more match.

Rousey is champ...big ol meh from me. She hasn't done well really since she signed. Still to raw from an entertainment standpoint.

AJ v Joe was a great match...tough call for me whether that one, or Rollins v Ziggler was match of the night...both stellar.

As good as Summerslam was, Takeover the night before was even better. Great weekend of wrestling.
Thanks given by:
Predictable booking again with Reigns. Such a terrible main event that the fans didn't even care about the two people in it and just wanted Braun to cash in.

Rousey has been real good in the ring. Would have liked to seen her have a better match with Bliss than a squash match. On the mic she isnt good but then again how many other wrestlers are. Too many college boys writing stuff for them.

Rollins is the best wrestler in the company outside of maybe Styles and Owen's. Dude brings it every match. He is one of the few things to watch these days. 

The Charlotte Flair match was terrible. Hopefully the Carmella experiment is over. So many better in ring talents then her.
Thanks given by:
I agree with everythinf you said except the Rollins part. Obviously he's great but i think AJ Styles is in a different level. I've been watching WWE since the mid 90's, Styles is the best performer i've ever seen. I think he's better than Shawn Michaels.

Thanks given by:
Anybody else watch All In?

Just a great show top to bottom. Didn’t think there were any match of the year contenders(though Omega vs Pentagon and Okada vs Skurll were pretty damn great as was the main event even though they had to rush it for time), but every match was entertaining. Had good wrestling, some great comedy, good commentary(for the most part), plenty of nostalgia and fan service throughout the show. It was all about being an entertaining show and they succeeded brilliantly.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-04, 08:26 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Anybody else watch All In?

Just a great show top to bottom. Didn’t think there were any match of the year contenders(though Omega vs Pentagon and Okada vs Skurll were pretty damn great as was the main event even though they had to rush it for time), but every match was entertaining. Had good wrestling, some great comedy, good commentary(for the most part), plenty of nostalgia and fan service throughout the show. It was all about being an entertaining show and they succeeded brilliantly.
Solid show overall, especially considering how it came about.

There were a few things that happened from making it an amazing ppv.

1. The finish for the women's fatal 4 way....otherwise was a really good match.

2. Time restriction of the main event.

3. Cody being under the table for what seemed like 20 minutes trying to blade with no count out. Then the DDP and (forgot the other guy) interference that didnt make sense.

Otherwise a good PPV and hope they do it again. The commentary on the Hangman Page match was awesome tho.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-08, 07:34 AM)Plummer Wrote:
(2018-09-04, 08:26 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Anybody else watch All In?

Solid show overall, especially considering how it came about.

There were a few things that happened from making it an amazing ppv.

1. The finish for the women's fatal 4 way....otherwise was a really good match.

2. Time restriction of the main event.

3.  Cody being under the table for what seemed like 20 minutes trying to blade with no count out. Then the DDP and (forgot the other guy) interference that didnt make sense.

Otherwise a good PPV and hope they do it again.  The commentary on the Hangman Page match was awesome tho.

1. Britt Baker who was the least experienced of the four got too close too early on the pin breakup, but that was the finish. I thought it was fine. Tessa hit her finish, so I figured it was over. The off timed pin breakup confused the crowd in attendance, which really hurt it because the reaction should’ve been better.

2. They had a hard cap on time. I personally thought they did an amazing job with the main event. They got everybody’s stuff in and it made sense, which is not easy to do when you’re basically doing constant high spots. The Marty vs Okada match should’ve been shorter and I would’ve had the guys from the opening match in the preshow battle royal and saved some time there.

3. The Cody thing seemed to bug some people with how long he was down but I was fine with it. He was supposed to have been knocked out and they played it like it was legit. My only problem with it was that his wife Brandi who was ringside didn’t come to check on him, which really killed the illusion that he was really hurt.

The DDP stuff with Daivari was pure fan service. They wanted to give everyone a Diamond Cutter to enjoy. The reasoning for the guys being there was okay to me. Daivari was one of Aldis Seconds for the match(who historically is always a heel) and he was trying to get the ref to stop the match so Aldis would retain. DDP who played the same role for Cody and had come down to check on him took exception and BANG! Diamond Cutter.

The show was by no means perfect, but it was one of the better shows top to bottom i’ve watched this year and I’ve watched a LOT of wrestling this year. Having a show with that many matches and not a single stinker is really impressive.
Thanks given by: