Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Sheldon Big bang spin off
I couldn't sit through it

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Thanks given by:
Didn't even know there's a spinoff lol. I'm wondering if I should check it out given how I enjoyed the first few episodes of BBT (got bored after half a season)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Started monday

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Thanks given by:
Didn't hold much hope for it when I heard it was coming...but it's actually not bad. If you go in thinking its written like Big Bang, you will be pleasantly surprised that it's not. It's not sitcom style in front of an audience on a set either. Not the funniest show out there, but it's not pure comedy either...bit of a drama with comedy added.

I'll keep watching.
Thanks given by:
I think the Big Bang Theory is the worst show on television so I can't even imagine how awful this would be.
Thanks given by: tmleafer , MisterZ
(2017-09-29, 02:03 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think the Big Bang Theory is the worst show on television so I can't even imagine how awful this would be.

I'm thoroughly convinced that there is a direct correlation between BBT being the highest rated show on TV and Trump winning the presidency.

(Spoiler alert: The correlation is that vast swaths of the population are dumb)
Thanks given by:
The "highest rated show on TV" is the part that really gets me. My comment was obviously hyperbole because if you factor in all the series that get cancelled after a couple episodes, there is some straight up embarrassing stuff passing for entertainment these days.

I just don't find a single "joke" in the BBT funny. At all. It's just so devoid of anything resembling humour.
Thanks given by:
Not only is it not funny but it also has that feeling that it also tries WAAAY to hard to be funny at the same time. Its a rare combination of awfulness.

As bad as BBT is 2 Broke Girls was exponentially worse. That show's existence actually madr me physically angry. Lol.
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-01, 10:27 AM)Andrew Wrote:
(2017-09-29, 02:03 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think the Big Bang Theory is the worst show on television so I can't even imagine how awful this would be.

I'm thoroughly convinced that there is a direct correlation between BBT being the highest rated show on TV and Trump winning the presidency.

The irony in that of course, is that the actors all play intelligent scientists... the exact opposite of Trump.
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-12, 10:27 AM)theDC Wrote:

The irony in that of course, is that the actors all play intelligent scientists... the exact opposite of Trump.

Trump thinks he is smarter than he actually is too.
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-12, 02:53 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2017-10-12, 10:27 AM)theDC Wrote:

Trump thinks he is smarter than he actually is too.

Whether you think they're smart or not, the characters are supposed to be intelligent scientists who know they're smart, not scientists who think they're smart but aren't, like Trump.
Thanks given by:
Oh...they are smart scientists...but the whole show is about how wrong in so many other ways than just the science that they know.

No different than Trump playing politics. This isn't how world, and we all know it.
Thanks given by:
I wanted to not like the pilot but I thought it was good. It's quite a bit different than BBT. No laugh track, more of a drama etc.
Thanks given by:
The show insists upon itself
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by: