Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring training thread
What position does Vladdy Jr. and Bichette play? and what is the timeline for these 2?

Thanks given by:
Vlad jr plays 3rd base bichette plays shortstop..both could debut in 2018 but it's a bit of a long shot def in 2019 tho

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
3rd base? so that means Donaldson is gone for sure after this season?

Thanks given by:
He can also play a little left field. but I think Shapiro/Atkins have shown that they won't spend huge amounts on one player especially if he's 33 years old so I think it's a given that he's gone tho you never know what the market is gonna be like next year..example-mike moustakes had 38 hr last year and is only 28 years old an he could only get a 1 year 6 mil dollar deal..

Thanks given by:
At a recent Pitch Talks event in Toronto, Ross Atkins suggested a scenario where Donaldson and Vlad could be in the same lineup together. In other words, Guerrero most certainly isn't blocking them from re-signing Donaldson to play 3B. Vlad is eventually destined to move across the infield too, or DH, but hopefully he can at least play a passable 3B for a few years.

Bichette looks more and more like he could stick at SS long-term, which would be huge.

But I think you're right that Donaldson is as good as gone. An extension offer from the Jays would have to blow him away to pass up free agency for the first time in his career. It'll be his last big pay day.
Thanks given by:
hope they can get something done with Donaldson, even if not extended, bring him back come fee agency.

Even if Vlad is up next year, I wouldn't hand the reigns at 3rd to him just yet.
Thanks given by:
Storybook.

Vlad Jr HRs to win the game...walking it off in Montreal..where his Dad had so much success.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-27, 09:08 PM)Chris D Wrote: Storybook.

Vlad Jr HRs to win the game...walking it off in Montreal..where his Dad had so much success.

Thanks given by:
They played Donaldson at shortstop a couple games last year, would he be good as an everyday 2nd baseman?

That way you can bring up Guerroro adn Bichette to play there SS and 3rd as they are the future
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-27, 09:08 PM)Chris D Wrote: Storybook.

Jr was actually born in Montreal.

(God hates the Expos).
Thanks given by:
Yup. Stat courtesy of Twitter, he's the first Quebec born player to hit a walk-off at Olympic Stadium.

And it was awesome, until you remember Vladdy Sr. is going in the Hall later this year as a ***** Anaheim Angel.

I'm still hoping they do the right thing, but it won't happen. Angels fans should be embarrassed this is how they get someone in the Hall after all these years.
Thanks given by:
hm...reading that Ngoepe is breaking camp with the team. (per mlbtraderumours...Gibbons told Shi Davidi)

not sure what that means for Espinosa, but does seem a kind of surprising decision.
Thanks given by:
Really? Wow. Would totally take Espinosa over him. Not even close.
Thanks given by:
Opening Day!

Can’t wait until first pitch.

Go Jays!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Tulowitzki opens on the 60 Day DL. They haven't even played a game and he's already injured for 2 months. Silly

This is a great opportunity for one of their pickups.
Thanks given by:
Anybody got tickets?

No one is coming to save you. This life is 100% your responsibility.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know who will be the radio broadcasters for the jays this year..i see ben Wagner and Kevin barker are doing it today is this just temporary or is this the group we'll have all year

Thanks given by:
(2018-03-29, 11:09 AM)Unreal Wrote: Tulowitzki opens on the 60 Day DL.  They haven't even played a game and he's already injured for 2 months. Silly

This is a great opportunity for one of their pickups.

just had surgery on both heels, to remove bone spurs...out at least 8 weeks...probably shouldn't expect him back til mid-late June. (I would assume some minors rehab starts)
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm I must say I like this new aggressive style that the blue jays showed in the 8th inning

Thanks given by: