Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
the Trump thread.
(2017-01-11, 07:00 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 06:35 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: Curious - what's the GOP platform on a free and independent press?

Pay to play

Works for Justin.
Thanks given by:
Would the Dems want Trump to be impeached? Wouldn't four years of Trump likely hand back Congress and a Presidency to the Dems?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 05:32 AM)tm123 Wrote: Would the Dems want Trump to be impeached? Wouldn't four years of Trump likely hand back Congress and a Presidency to the Dems?

huh... valid
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:49 PM)Cornholio Wrote: That applause from the White house staff must have been disconcerting for the press. Kinda like being at a Trump rally.
I wonder if any of them were physically threatened? We'll have to wait for a report from CNN.

Sean Spicer threatened to throw out Acosta after the conference was over.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 07:50 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 04:49 PM)Cornholio Wrote: That applause from the White house staff must have been disconcerting for the press. Kinda like being at a Trump rally.
I wonder if any of them were physically threatened? We'll have to wait for a report from CNN.

Because that's what Trump and his team do when confronted with the truth.
Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice. 
Thanks given by:
BTW merging all the Trump stuff into one thread is total BS. Reads terribly and impossible to follow the discussion.
Thanks given by:
Me thinks 'thou doth protest too much.

Thanks given by: Lagavulin
Yeah! I can't find anything on Season 3 of The Apprentice in here.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 11:16 AM)poppabyrd Wrote: Yeah! I can't find anything on Season 3 of The Apprentice in here.

Spoiler alert: people got fired. 

Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 10:45 AM)divit Wrote:

Unsubstantiated hack reporting isn't truth. Buzz Feed? Seriously? The same site where I found out which Star wars character I am, and how various celebrities have aged poorly? 

CNN is the worst. They're basically liberal Fox news, and worse in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 11:16 AM)divit Wrote: Me thinks 'thou doth protest too much.

Election night is probably one of the most watched nights on any news channel. 

It only makes sense ratings would drop after the election.
Thanks given by:
Agreed about CNN. When Comey breathlessly rushed in to inform America of the timing of some email investigations, I don't think CNN chose to carry one second of it.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 11:27 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote:

Unsubstantiated hack reporting isn't truth. Buzz Feed? Seriously? The same site where I found out which Star wars character I am, and how various celebrities have aged poorly? 

CNN had nothing to do with what Buzz Feed reported a couple days ago.  They are two completely different things. Trump and his team know this and are trying to blend them together in an attempt to discredit a legitimate CNN story.

I do hope the Buzz Feed story turns out to be true because nothing would make me happier than hearing Wolf Blitzer say 'golden shower' on the air. Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm still curious about audit and tax returns. Did run for president just so that if he won the IRS would get off his back?
Thanks given by:

I suggest you read or watch the actual CNN reports. Totally different from BuzzFeed. CNN did not release the dossier, they simply reported that the dossier was part of the briefing given to Trump and Obama.

I had a similar argument yesterday with a friend. They have packaged it all together to attack CNN because they think they are being played by CNN. No you are being played by Team Trump.

CNN is shit because they employ dopes like Wolf Blitzer and Don Lemon that overshadow the really good work by people like Jake Tapper and John King.
Thanks given by:
They are the exact same story. The buzz feed story was linked in the CNN story.
Thanks given by:

CNN did not report what Buzz Feed reported. It is totally unfair and false to conflate the two. But that's what Trump and his followers do. He refused to take a question from CNN yesterday out of fear of the truth. Trashing the media has always been his method of trying to give credibility to his lies.
Go read the CNN report. 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/d...index.html
Thanks given by:
The CNN story is a sham.

Unlike the quality reporting we've been getting on Benghazi for years
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 11:42 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: They are the exact same story. The buzz feed story was linked in the CNN story.

Again read what CNN reports. Nothing wrong with linking to Buzzfeed as long as CNN provides their version of the events which clearly states that they cannot conclude the allegations are true.

Ignoring the Buzzfeed report would not be truthful either.

CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos have since been published by Buzzfeed. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations. But, in preparing this story, CNN has spoken to multiple high ranking intelligence, administration, congressional and law enforcement officials, as well as foreign officials and others in the private sector with direct knowledge of the memos.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
(2017-01-12, 11:42 AM)divit Wrote:

CNN did not report what Buzz Feed reported. It is totally unfair and false to conflate the two. But that's what Trump and his followers do. He refused to take a question from CNN yesterday out of fear of the truth. Trashing the media has always been his method of trying to give credibility to his lies.
Go read the CNN report. 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/d...index.html

I don't understand. How are they not the exact same story? The only thing CNN did not do, was report that actual 35 page document. BuzzFeed also indicated the reports are not verifiable. So why publish them? Because they are hacks, plain and simple. 

I don't believe this story for a nanosecond and I hope he runs an investigation. He was right to not take any more questions from Acosta. 

I do think CNN are mostly hacks. What really bothers me about them, and this especially includes Anderson Cooper, is that they probe whatever person they are talking to, in order to get the answer they want to hear, rather than the truth. Cooper comes off as glib when talking to Conway. This is how they impart their bias on their viewers.
Thanks given by: