Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is with improper grammar?
We the north..  We the Champs..  

other stuff out there..

what is with this grammar?  

is it going to become the norm now for people to not use correct pronounciation anymore?
cfl
Thanks given by:
Including the title of this thread, you have made four capitalization errors.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: Fritz , Fritz
I'm really don't care. I'm not talking about spelling errors and capitalization. I'm talking about the use of improper wording.

and the only word that is wrong is what. none of the other words need to be capitalized in the title.
cfl
Thanks given by:
[Image: 50f30ce8f0b74297059689e324ae1c53.jpg]

Thanks given by: Fritz , Fritz , Nanuuk
(2019-06-14, 04:53 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: I'm really don't care.  I'm not talking about spelling errors and capitalization.  I'm talking about the use of improper wording.

and the only word that is wrong is what.  none of the other words need to be capitalized in the title.

Ahh. So you are fine being critical of other incredibly minor and insignificant departures from accepted norms, but your own you don't care about.

Check.... Plain
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 05:04 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 04:53 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: I'm really don't care.  I'm not talking about spelling errors and capitalization.  I'm talking about the use of improper wording.

and the only word that is wrong is what.  none of the other words need to be capitalized in the title.

Ahh. So you are fine being critical of other incredibly minor and insignificant departures from accepted norms, but your own you don't care about.

Check.... Plain

I'm talking solely about 1 thing.  you want to critique me create a new thread
cfl
Thanks given by:
Reed's thread
Read messages
Look cofuzed
Clothes thread

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 05:10 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: I'm talking solely about 1 thing.  you want to critique me create a new thread

Why would I do that?

You've already created this one to whine about inconsequential stuff.
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 04:35 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: We the north..  We the Champs..  

other stuff out there..

is it going to become the norm now for people to not use correct pronounciation anymore?

Dude, it’s a catch-phrase. Geez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

I'm really don't care?  Is that a proper use of wording?
Thanks given by: ZappaScores
My first thought was that he worded it that way and was following it up similarly to make his point. But I guess not.
I was warned about the dangers of getting old, but I did it anyways. 
Thanks given by:

Cliff: i hates when people use impraper grammer.

Everyone: You've just made multiple grammatical errors

Cliff:   i'm not talking about grammar!

It doesn't get more Cliff than that.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you just come out and tell us that you think "We the North" is too gangsta and not white enough for you?
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 05:16 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

other stuff out there..

Dude, it’s a catch-phrase.  Geez!

That's exactly it.

It's a slogan based on a particular cultural context. The grammar is 'correct' for what it is.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 05:10 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 05:04 PM)Limestoner Wrote:

Check.... Plain

I'm talking solely about 1 thing. If you want to critique me, create a new thread

Fixed. 

Further, your title indicates you are taking about ‘grammar’. If you want to talk about improper wording, use the right words.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 06:52 PM)Unreal Wrote:

other stuff out there..

That's exactly it.

It's a slogan based on a particular cultural context. The grammar is 'correct' for what it is.

You means it's ok to sound like an uneducated boob?
cfl
Thanks given by:
"We the People..."

Written by uneducated boobs.
Thanks given by: Bong13
(2019-06-14, 07:07 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 06:52 PM)Unreal Wrote:

other stuff out there..

That's exactly it.

You means it's ok to sound like an uneducated boob?

You sound like one everyday on these boards.
Thanks given by:
Ever since joking this place and surviving one version or another since 2007 and not one post not one thread have ever wanted to worry about my grammar! Such a silly thread .

We true north strong and free!
Thanks given by:
It's almost as bad as thinking grammar and pronunciation are the same thing.
Thanks given by: