Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards
Game Thread: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Printable Version

+- Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards (https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com)
+-- Forum: Other Sports (https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/Forum-Other-Sports)
+--- Forum: MMA/Boxing/Wrestling (https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/Forum-MMA-Boxing-Wrestling)
+--- Thread: Game Thread: Rousey's Return vs Nunes (/Thread-Game-Thread-Rousey-s-Return-vs-Nunes)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Superlube11 - 2016-12-30

Any predictions for this card?

Got a feeling Rhonda is gonna get worked and this will end up being her last fight.

Fully expect Cruz to humiliate Garbrandt and Dillashaw should pick apart Lineker.

Stun Gun should be able to handle Saffiedine, but admittedly I haven't seen either guy fight in a while and I don't really know much about Borg or Smolka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - BlueMountain - 2016-12-30

I think Rhonda will win and retire.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - CTS - 2016-12-30

I hope Rousey loses but honestly don't care about WMMA.

I hope Cruz smacks Garbrandt & taunts him the whole time. Garbrandt is a punk!

Hendriks missed weight yet again. I don't think his heart is in it anymore. I expect him to retire if Magny beats him, which I expect he will

Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Superlube11 - 2016-12-30

Yeah, Johny seems to have had the life sucked out of him. He's not even a big welterweight, so him missing weight (for a second time) is pretty ridiculous.

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Bong13 - 2016-12-30

Rhonda is going to get the shit beat out of her tonight then retire.

Her trainer is a joke in the MMA world and she is and always was a one trick pony.

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - BlueMountain - 2016-12-30

Man...3 million guaranteed for Rhonda.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - CTS - 2016-12-30

As much as I dislike whiny Johnny Hendricks, I think he got robbed there!

Johnny looks like a well fed homeless man!

Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Superlube11 - 2016-12-31

Oh damn, Garbrandt dethrones Cruz.....

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - CTS - 2016-12-31

Holy shit! Ronda got knocked out!

Her fighting career is OVER!

That Edmond idiot is the worst boxing coach on earth! What was with her stance? She looked like she was taking 1 of those cardio kickboxing classes soccer moms take!

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - MDMN1017 - 2016-12-31

well shes done no stand up defence whatsover

(2016-12-31, 12:49 AM)CTS Wrote: Holy shit! Ronda for knocked out!

Her fighting career is OVER!

Wow, I got that one right.....

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Andrew - 2016-12-31

thank christ this is the end of the ridiculous Rousey hype.

Remember when people talked about her fighting Mayweather or saying she would best male flyweights? LMFAO.

Rousey was never that good to begin with. A one dimensional fighter in a shallow WMMA division. She was all hype. Everytime I hear Dana talk about how she's the biggest UFC star ever I wanna throw something at the TV!

She became rich & can move onto other things now. WWE, movies, whatever, she's earned that.

I think Miesha could KO Ronda at this point

No kidding. It's no coincidence that she lost these 2 fights in the fashion that she did - her striking is terrible and she has always been a 1 trick pony. Really good at that 1 trick, but it was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off. Time to cash out and move on. She should be thanking her lucky stars that the Cyborg fight never materialized......

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Andrew - 2016-12-31

Cyborg might have literally killed her.

Which alot of people (including the UFC likely) already knew.

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - TheNumber13 - 2016-12-31

(2016-12-31, 01:15 AM)CTS Wrote: Rousey was never that good to begin with.  A one dimensional fighter in a shallow WMMA division.  She was all hype.   Everytime I hear Dana talk about how she's the biggest UFC star ever I wanna throw something at the TV!

She became rich & can move onto other things now.  WWE, movies, whatever, she's earned that.

I think Ronda would definitely do well in the WWE. They could work a storyline where she is PISSED and wreaks havoc on all the Divas. An absolute mean streak. Sort of like the female Brock Lesnar of the WWE.

Watching Gardbrandt at the post fight presser, he's actually a really good dude. Humble, respectful of Cruz & of course taking that kid in the cage with him was a feel good story

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - TheNumber13 - 2016-12-31

[Image: LiveSeveralIncatern.gif]

(2016-12-31, 01:30 AM)Andrew Wrote: Cyborg might have literally killed her.

Which alot of people (including the UFC likely) already knew.

No doubt. They kept the goal posts just far enough away that it could never happen and still be able to put the ball in Cyborg's court to make it seem that she was holding it up. UFC PR machine in full force. Very similar to the whole Fedor scenario(s).

RE: Rousey's Return vs Nunes - Nuclearsun - 2016-12-31

(2016-12-31, 01:15 AM)CTS Wrote: Rousey was never that good to begin with.  A one dimensional fighter in a shallow WMMA division.  She was all hype.   Everytime I hear Dana talk about how she's the biggest UFC star ever I wanna throw something at the TV!

She became rich & can move onto other things now.  WWE, movies, whatever, she's earned that.

I would not say she was never any good. She dominated her first 12 fights and was nearly untouchable.  Her 2 losses were bad but you can't forget what she did to good women fighters leading up to her 2 losses.